IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago...nneka-jenkins-family-tours-crowne-plaza-hotel

I'm really curious why kennekas mom or the attorney are not responding to any of the hotels offers, especially the offer to review the footage. Weird that her mom and sister were protesting for all 36 hours of footage to be released when the hotel has offered that to them already. Anyone have any ideas of why they haven't viewed the footage?

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago...neka-jenkins-family-tours-crowne-plaza-hotel/

This is interesting though. I hope later today or in coming days more details will emerge

Wait a minute...only an hour spent at the hotel and didn't review 1 minute of surveillance video???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably preparing for a lawsuit. The hotel also offered to pay for Kenneka's funeral. If mom accepts any of these offers-- funeral money and viewing all the footage-- before she files a lawsuit it could work against her, as it would look like she has accepted what the hotel offered already. JMO, I'm no lawyer.

RSBM
he was polite

but..

in hearing it again

oppssss

starts playing like he wants to check it out for mom

asks her name

its a hard name

there is some crosstalk

he asks her to spell it

more cross talk

she never spells it

then he pretends to have looked it up -- how i have no idea how do you look up someone you have no idea how to spell

Most search engines provide for alternate spellings and will return all results that are close. I.e. if I'm searching my state court case records, all names that have close or similar (like "K" vs. "C") will show up in the results. I'm sure leo's systems are similarly equipped.

Probably preparing for a lawsuit. The hotel also offered to pay for Kenneka's funeral. If mom accepts any of these offers-- funeral money and viewing all the footage-- before she files a lawsuit it could work against her, as it would look like she has accepted what the hotel offered already. JMO, I'm no lawyer.

That's what I was thinking too. I think once she accepts any money, it's viewed as settling the case.

She still goes in the door in the longer versions. Right after all the time of her not being in frame.

Would be at :45 in the first video when you scroll down. Comes back out at around 1:04 then hugs the wall and goes back behind it. Too short of a time to use it I'd think. Maybe looked into the mirror.

This is what I see
She goes in at 3:29:50
ef287fa48977746bed7b9da8af49ac14.png

She's still in there at 3:29:59
89cf45edb84f2558e7d46ff7c4d0a01a.png

The very next second it changes to 3:30:29
a086bf336ff9bb0f487523cc718b724a.png

Comes out around 3:30:36
7f8595909589d198edb5fe5793709a27.png

What if the mom had actually been a wife trying to catch her husband cheating with a younger girl, by pretending to be that girls mother? If the hotel found the girl on the footage and that told the "mom" where she was and the girl ended up getting beat up or shot, we would all be talking about how wrong the hotel was for doing that. They have no way of knowing what is really going on with people, that's why they HAVE to involve the police before reviewing the security footage.

You're right of course. I might be too naive. Plus, at that point (when mom appeared in the lobby around 5 am I believe) nobody thought that the worst might have happened. In hindsight it seems a no brainer that the person on the front desk should have said, "wait, let me just look at our footage .... (goes in some back room) ... OMG she went into that empty kitchen, what was she doing there?! Let's go and check ..."

http://www.ibtimes.com/kenneka-jenkins--pages-are-fake-mother-tereasa-martin-says-2589606

[h=1]Kenneka Jenkins Pages Are Fake, Mother Tereasa Martin Says[/h]BY MARIA VULTAGGIO @MARIAMZZARELLA ON 09/13/17 AT 5:01 PM

“I’m coming out here to let y’all know there’s a whole lot of people using my name [for accounts,” Martin said. “I thank y’all so much for y’all support and everything that y’all doing for me. I really appreciate y’all. But there’s a whole lot of [fake] accounts that are running around with my name on it. I’m going to make one. But I do not have one. So if you see one that’s already been made, when I get one, I’ll put it live.”

when does she plan to put this child to rest?

This is what I see

perhaps it just stopped recording while there was no motion or didn't see a urinal she wanted to try.

I got it. The cameras run all of the time but they only record when they sense motion but when the recording starts it starts 5 seconds before the motion started. Just like the body cams used by Baltimore PD, theirs backs up 10 seconds before they are switched on to begin recording. I hope this makes sense.

You're right of course. I might be too naive. Plus, at that point (when mom appeared in the lobby around 5 am I believe) nobody thought that the worst might have happened. In hindsight it seems a no brainer that the person on the front desk should have said, "wait, let me just look at our footage .... (goes in some back room) ... OMG she went into that empty kitchen, what was she doing there?! Let's go and check ..."

Oh, I know what you mean! Hindsight is always 20/20 in situations like this. But at the time, people just have to try to make the best decisions they can with limited information. ;)

I have to keep reminding myself there's no road map to dealing with a dead child IMO. IMO everyone is doing the best they can. Peace and love to this family.

http://www.ibtimes.com/kenneka-jenkins--pages-are-fake-mother-tereasa-martin-says-2589606

Kenneka Jenkins Pages Are Fake, Mother Tereasa Martin Says

BY MARIA VULTAGGIO @MARIAMZZARELLA ON 09/13/17 AT 5:01 PM

when does she plan to put this child to rest?

To be fair, LE might not have released Kenneka's body to her for a funeral yet. We don't know the final autopsy results yet.

I really don't think that a standard front desk clerk would have access, especially instant access to video footage. A manager, maybe. The Crowne Plaza family of brands is huge and corporate policy is corporate policy. When I was a teenager, my Nana kept a pool membership at the Crowne Plaza near her beach house. I'd have friends with me, go have some drinks on the beach and wander around the hotel at night... hit up the hot tub, go find snacks in the machines, etc. Not a soul ever stopped us to ask what we were doing or for room number or anything.

This is what I see

You're right. I wasn't looking at the time codes on that one. That gives a little more time but still not much. I do think the camera turned off which is why it jumps. As sober me I might be able to pee that quick if I really had to but if I was wasted I doubt it. I think she might've tried to sober up by looking in the mirror or splashing some water or something.

Grouchymom ... Mens rooms have stalls too.

That's what I was thinking too. I think once she accepts any money, it's viewed as settling the case.

Right that makes sense for the funeral payment offer, which is why I don't question why they haven't accepted that offer. But the video offer? Wouldn't they want to know what is on the video before forging forward with a lawsuit? I also find it strange the mom was rallying for LE to release the full videos when the hotel already offered for her to view all footage.

It seems like some people WANT for there to be foul play or WANT there to be a conspiracy. I've even seen some of my social media connections posting wild theories about what happened. It's as if it turns out kenneka accidentally went into the freezer and died due to freezing, people will refuse to believe that is the truth and will say there is a big LE coverup or something.

perhaps it just stopped recording while there was no motion or didn't see a urinal she wanted to try.

I got it. The cameras run all of the time but they only record when they sense motion but when the recording starts it starts 5 seconds before the motion started. Just like the body cams used by Baltimore PD, theirs backs up 10 seconds before they are switched on to begin recording. I hope this makes sense.

Yeah I totally agree. That's exactly why it skipped. I had something like that set up on my webcam once.

You're right. I wasn't looking at the time codes on that one. That gives a little more time but still not much. I do think the camera turned off which is why it jumps. As sober me I might be able to pee that quick if I really had to but if I was wasted I doubt it. I think she might've tried to sober up by looking in the mirror or splashing some water or something.

Grouchymom ... Mens rooms have stalls too.

If it turned off while she was in there and then turned back on Before she came back out, then I question the sensitivity of their system.

Ok that makes more sense! Thanks for clearing that up! Debunked! On to the next LOL

<modsnip> I had a discussion about the leaving a friend behind thing with my friends. I honestly think if I was in their position I would've left too. My first thought would've been that she was hooking up with someone tbh. I mean I don't know Kenneka's character but that's what I would think of MY friends lol.

I told my friends explicitly that if for whatever reason we're drunk in a hotel and they wonder off when I'm not paying attention that this was my notice that I won't be chasing behind them.

But yeah...I definitely lost my friends a few times so I don't necessarily hold that against them.

man guys

I do not know why I did not visualize it like this before . But with 47 cams there has to be something like this

nmc.jpg

what is purpose of having all of them ?

Maybe because of time they did not have it staffed but I don't think like having 47 cams and only have one monitor behind the desk --kind of defeats the purpose

OR for the first time I am wondering if actually everyone behind the front desk already knew stuff BEFORE mom approached so they KNEW they cant show or pretend to look at any video

Should that be the case we would have to say that there was a plan -- and the plan was on the next morning in an abandoned quiet Sunday morning remove contents of freezer and all would be as ok as it could be?

I dont think they expected mom to drive over there or speculating that plan might have been to remove contents of freezer earlier but something interrupted that .

result : Chaos. Looking for reasons for total staff indifference for hours --sounds like they did not even pretend to accommodate her.

Would be interesting to see if mom felt there was a lot of action behind the desk that night (phone calls - people going behind in the back ) etc

CARIIS, they don't need one monitor for each camera. multi-screens will allow scrolling through several camera scenes at once, or separately. one person can watch the screens... and maybe they don't even watch them constantly. And one DVR unit can record several (camera) videos at one time these days. [examples here: http://www.airlivesecurity.com/solution.php?id=9 ]

Something more like this (google searched "hotel video surveillance systems" ):

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 206
Because long before they did anything they had to get stuff lined up - they know dead guests in thier freezers are a problem - a big one.

now this is only me - but I think some staff were involved-- so they really knew a lot way before she was pulled out

what reason would there be (other than have already seen the video of her in their for some person to go down to some isolated place to stick there head in for 58 seconds?

they knew
is there video online of the person peeking into the kitchen area? Thanks

is there video online of the person peeking into the kitchen area? Thanks

I don't think that's been released to the public. If I remember correctly LE said all footage that had KJ in it was released.

Don't quote me on this though. Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members