IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my years of experience, you are an exception, at least in my circle of drunken crew. Don't get me wrong, I've left folks, and again, I've been left, but this scenario doesn't make sense to me. It does not take three people to go get her phone. With her being that out of it, one of them should have stayed with her. That's just what I'd have done if it were my friend. She could have very well walked out of the lobby door and been run over by a bus. That's why I said earlier, it was a perfect storm of events that lead to a horrible accident. In a perfect world, she'd gone to the bowling alley and movies, where her mother said she was told she was going, and returned home that night.

Could the three women maybe not have felt safe enough to go up again even as a pair? Maybe they thought Kenneka will be safe sitting in the lobby where staff is close by, but they felt safer to go all three of them?

This local news footage has a previously unreleased clip. It shows Kenneka in a different hallway (the "repeatedly hits the wall" section of the news report), which is what I remembered seeing elsewhere but couldn't find until now. Not everything has been officially released, you can bet on it.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/video/3731505-rosemont-pd-not-handing-kenneka-jenkins-case-to-fbi/

Whoa! I need to figure out what hall she's in.
Also, she looks like she's hitting her head on the wall pretty hard (and most likely doesn't hurt).

I wonder how long that went on for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my years of experience, you are an exception, at least in my circle of drunken crew. Don't get me wrong, I've left folks, and again, I've been left, but this scenario doesn't make sense to me. It does not take three people to go get her phone. With her being that out of it, one of them should have stayed with her. That's just what I'd have done if it were my friend. She could have very well walked out of the lobby door and been run over by a bus. That's why I said earlier, it was a perfect storm of events that lead to a horrible accident. In a perfect world, she'd gone to the bowling alley and movies, where her mother said she was told she was going, and returned home that night.

Well, and I think one big issue is that they were all this messed up! All of the "why did they (blank)" is the same as saying "why didn't she just go back up the elevator". The answer is simply because they were impaired enough not to be able to make sound and logical decisions. It could have taken 3 people to remember the room and get there. If that were me, I 1 million percent would have had to pee again already, so I would go back up so I could go to the bathroom before leaving. I don't think anyone thought she would wander into a freezer. And I don't think anyone tried to put her in a bad situation. I think they all made their own decisions that put all of them into bad situations, that night. That's all just my opinion.

Well, and I think one big issue is that they were all this messed up! All of the "why did they (blank)" is the same as saying "why didn't she just go back up the elevator". The answer is simply because they were impaired enough not to be able to make sound and logical decisions. It could have taken 3 people to remember the room and get there. If that were me, I 1 million percent would have had to pee again already, so I would go back up so I could go to the bathroom before leaving. I don't think anyone thought she would wander into a freezer. And I don't think anyone tried to put her in a bad situation. I think they all made their own decisions that put all of them into bad situations, that night. That's all just my opinion.

Well, I hope they were nowhere near as impaired as KJ, since they drove the mom's car back to her! [emoji15]

Walk in doors are designed to shut automatically, they swing shut because employees stand in there and let warm air in. Same with WI fridges. Also if a person isnt familiar with one, and when it slams shut and cant open it they freak. Unless you know HOW to open them from the inside, (most would be at a loss even sober) its challenging. The open mechanism from the inside looks nothing like one and isnt on the handle.

Didn't her mom say the girls lie all the time? I thought I remember hearing her say something to that affect.

Do we ever know IF the three girls left her to go get her phone upstairs? Was this verified?

I would be surprised if she left her cell in the first place, and why would it still be there when they went back. Wasn't this an "open" party, so anyone could have taken her phone already either to hold for her or to keep?

Just curious? Going back to search but you all are so good you probably will know quicker.

Walk in doors are designed to shut automatically, they swing shut because employees stand in there and let warm air in. Same with WI fridges. Also if a person isnt familiar with one, and when it slams shut and cant open it they freak. Unless you know HOW to open them from the inside, (most would be at a loss even sober) its challenging. The open mechanism from the inside looks nothing like one and isnt on the handle.

Not if it's an old design. IMO, there are many design and/or makes of walk in freezers. We can't speculate that the one she was found in was designed to shut automatically because the public has no idea which kind it was. Haven't seen made available on any MSM yet.

If you have feel free to provide link!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I hope they were nowhere near as impaired as KJ, since they drove the mom's car back to her! [emoji15]

I'm going to guess they were pretty close. I mean, certainly Kenneka would not have been able to drive! But, they were heading downstairs for some reason. And her mom said on the 911 call that no one else was allowed to drive. Again, I think they just partied and didn't think about "later".

Didn't her mom say the girls lie all the time? I thought I remember hearing her say something to that affect.

Do we ever know IF the three girls left her to go get her phone upstairs? Was this verified?

I would be surprised if she left her cell in the first place, and why would it still be there when they went back. Wasn't this an "open" party, so anyone could have taken her phone already either to hold for her or to keep?

Just curious? Going back to search but you all are so good you probably will know quicker.

They did retrieve the phone from the hotel room. They called her mother from it.

First off I have worked the overnight shift in several hotels for over 20 years.Hotel room parties,underaged drinking intoxicated guests roaming around in employee areas are very familiar situations to me.A hotel that size has security monitoring the cameras.There is no way Kenneka should have wandered around for over an hour without being detected especially since the staff was alerted to the party and it should have been shut down Security was not doing their job if they would have no matter the outcome Kenneka would still be alive.Second the mom was treated horribly by staff and also the 911 operator.There is simply no denying if her daughters name was not Kenneka and had she been a white suburban mom she would have been treated a lot differently IMO

On the 911 call, the mom says the 3 girls told her they left KJ in the lobby while they went to get her cell phone, but she was gone when they came back down. I would think that the hotel and police have looked at the video for that time by now and know if it's true or not. I don't think they have released that information to the public.

I'm not sure she did walk around for an hour. They were partying pretty hard in the 230am video. The security tapes say 230pm on them also, but I think the hotel never changed the clock on it back in April. So if she was in the room, partying as seen on a snap chat at 235am, I'm thinking she left the room after 3am, but it's just me thinking.

The washington post put the times an hour later than the security video.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eezer-new-video-shows-her-last-known-moments/

Sometimes, you can't acess WP if you are not subcribed, so it breaks down like this:

1:15am arrival (security cam says 12:15)
3:24am KJ at elevator on LL floor (security cam says 224am)
3:30am KJ staggering around. I see no cam footage with a time stamp of that.
3:32am KJ in kitchen. Again, I see no timestamps. I need to find more vids with timestamps.

But I think this is correct. And if the friends didn't call the mother until 430am, that doesn't mean KJ was roaming from 330am to 430am.

First off I have worked the overnight shift in several hotels for over 20 years.Hotel room parties,underaged drinking intoxicated guests roaming around in employee areas are very familiar situations to me.A hotel that size has security monitoring the cameras.There is no way Kenneka should have wandered around for over an hour without being detected especially since the staff was alerted to the party and it should have been shut down Security was not doing their job if they would have no matter the outcome Kenneka would still be alive.Second the mom was treated horribly by staff and also the 911 operator.There is simply no denying if her daughters name was not Kenneka and had she been a white suburban mom she would have been treated a lot differently IMO

I'm a white suburban mom, and I've asked the police for help in situations involving my kids, and for my car being broke into, and for a robbery at my parents house. They have been utterly useless every time.

On the 911 call, the mom says the 3 girls told her they left KJ in the lobby while they went to get her cell phone, but she was gone when they came back down. I would think that the hotel and police have looked at the video for that time by now and know if it's true or not. I don't think they have released that information to the public.

If they told her that, they are probably lying about that part. I can believe they left her in the 9th floor hallway by the elevators. And I can believe she decided to go ahead down but went to LL instead of L. No one would think she'd go in the kitchen, so I can see why that wouldn't even be a thought.

I can also believe she just left the room to get air, and after a while, they started looking for her.

I'm a white suburban mom, and I've asked the police for help in situations involving my kids, and for my car being broke into, and for a robbery at my parents house. They have been utterly useless every time.

Lol same! I actually had a guy in my backyard with a brick in his hand trying to get into my master bedroom sliding door and the cops refused to arrest him. But that is another topic for another day. I do agree that the hotel staff treated the mother rudely. But I'm not sure they would not have treated any of us just as rudely. They seem to lack proper training and manners in general!

Hmm. So I think I was right?

This is what I came up with earlier today

Right. I'm sorry if you posted this before. I just came to the last page without reading in between. And whoever walked the floor in that video really made it come to life.

Could the three women maybe not have felt safe enough to go up again even as a pair? Maybe they thought Kenneka will be safe sitting in the lobby where staff is close by, but they felt safer to go all three of them?

Agreed, they thought that she would be just fine in the lobby, but she wasn't, was she? They have to live with that now, and quit blaming the hotel, LE, and shadows in the halls. The hotel staff are not babysitters. It's an airport motel, they've likely seen it all. One becomes conditioned.

attachment.php

Updated it with a possible route based on what's released. Not sure if the kitchen photos would be reversed though hard to tell in that video / in general but I think the hallway she recorded isn't in the video, but she veered left then went into the final kitchen area video. Ironically I was working on this, came back to the thread and saw the video!

Turned the corner photo to reflect the angle of the hallway.

Edit - Actually now that I watch her video again I'm not too sure about the corner photo but I can't see where else it would fit.

Edit Edit: Updated the map to note for me being unsure and moved it to a different possible area. I don't want anyone thinking that's set in stone.

Attachments

• MRxQi9h.jpg
    MRxQi9h.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 0RFTScZ.jpg
    0RFTScZ.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 162
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online