IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had heard a sister, not sure if it was Harris, say she'd not received a text message at 1:30 a.m., only that she last saw her at 11:30 p.m., but this article, states that a sister, Harris, told LE that she did receive a text message at 1:30 a.m. which would have Saturday morning. I'd like to know what that text said too.

I didn't realize that it was not her Mom who filed the missing person's report. Her mom had stated in the 911 call that she was going to wait 24 hours to file the report. Her sister, LH filed it Saturday afternoon.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...el-Freezer-Death-Investigation-443814213.html

The article also says
Investigators told the family they believed the 19-year-old stumbled into an employee lounge and got into the freezer that was on, but unused.

Implies to me that the freezer area is close to the employee lounge....?

I don't think that's been released to the public. If I remember correctly LE said all footage that had KJ in it was released.

Don't quote me on this though. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oK, I won't quote you (and that is what I recalled). ... but if it wasn't released to the public (video of someone looking into the freezer/kitchen area) then how do we know it happened? Is it a rumor, or hasn't it been in MSM?

Dénouement;13638120 said:
I can't find the full video of this now. I'm sure I posted it in here. The first time this video was released it did not show her going into that men's restroom however other footage did

This is the other kitchen video i was looking for

[video=twitter;908871965703892992]https://twitter.com/AudrinaBigos/status/908871965703892992[/video]

Sorry.. just trying to catch up.. in this video does anyone else hear a male voice and then a quiet female voice?? Or is it just me??

<modsnip>I had a discussion about the leaving a friend behind thing with my friends. I honestly think if I was in their position I would've left too. My first thought would've been that she was hooking up with someone tbh. I mean I don't know Kenneka's character but that's what I would think of MY friends lol.

I told my friends explicitly that if for whatever reason we're drunk in a hotel and they wonder off when I'm not paying attention that this was my notice that I won't be chasing behind them.

But yeah...I definitely lost my friends a few times so I don't necessarily hold that against them.

Then we can't hold a hotel responsible for someone who was never even registered as a guest. I've been left behind too. We'd all gotten separated in a ginormous event and just had to fine our own ways back the best we could. However, she was already drunk, in the room, and they were not. You can hear say "I'm not drunk", and another girl says, "You don't have to drink to have fun", and drunk girl says, But I am having fun. I saw three women in that video and none appeared out of their heads drunk but I could hear a slurred voice in the background. I think they got kicked out, she couldn't drive them home, and had left her keys in the upstairs room. She may have even decided to go look for her friends, and just wandered around, obviously very drunk, and they lost track of her, and they had to leave the premises. They never thought in a million years she'd end up in a freezer but she could have just as well wandered into the pool and drowned, or out into the garage and been run over. They should have left at least one person with her if they had to go back upstairs. They were obviously capable of driving, using a phone, and speaking to staff. I can see an underage kid leaving a friend behind because of curfew and panicking but these were three adult women. One could have stayed with her.

The article also says
Investigators told the family they believed the 19-year-old stumbled into an employee lounge and got into the freezer that was on, but unused.

Implies to me that the freezer area is close to the employee lounge....?

Maybe it was the lounge for conference/kitchen staff when that area was in use.

You're right of course. I might be too naive. Plus, at that point (when mom appeared in the lobby around 5 am I believe) nobody thought that the worst might have happened. In hindsight it seems a no brainer that the person on the front desk should have said, "wait, let me just look at our footage .... (goes in some back room) ... OMG she went into that empty kitchen, what was she doing there?! Let's go and check ..."
The Hotel has to also respect the privacy of their other guests and just can't turn over videos. There is also most likely an open investigation into the stolen credit card and identity theft. I read that contrary to the requests of the family, this case will not be turned over to the FBI. http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-94648646/

Then we can't hold a hotel responsible for someone who was never even registered as a guest. I've been left behind too. We'd all gotten separated in a ginormous event and just had to fine our own ways back the best we could. However, she was already drunk, in the room, and they were not. You can hear say "I'm not drunk", and another girl says, "You don't have to drink to have fun", and drunk girl says, But I am having fun. I saw three women in that video and none appeared out of their heads drunk but I could hear a slurred voice in the background. I think they got kicked out, she couldn't drive them home, and had left her keys in the upstairs room. She may have even decided to go look for her friends, and just wandered around, obviously very drunk, and they lost track of her, and they had to leave the premises. They never thought in a million years she'd end up in a freezer but she could have just as well wandered into the pool and drowned, or out into the garage and been run over. They should have left at least one person with her if they had to go back upstairs. They were obviously capable of driving, using a phone, and speaking to staff. I can see an underage kid leaving a friend behind because of curfew and panicking but these were three adult women. One could have stayed with her.

Oh I personally don't hold the hotel responsible. The law may have different standards though. Some people hold their liquor better than others and like two hours passed between that Irene video and her stumbling around. Plenty of time to get drunk. That was when everything first started. I mean they could've gotten kicked out but I feel like that would've been mentioned as it would've been a whole corral of people leaving at once.

I didn't see anywhere where it was mentioned they left her and went back upstairs honestly which is why I didn't really comment on it before. I always assumed she kind of wandered off while everyone was still in the room.

At the same time even if that is true moving a super drunk person around is a lot. Yeah someone should've stayed with her but hindsight is 20/20. If you tell your drunk friend hey stay here i'll be riiiiiight back you're going to assume that they'll be in the general area at least not downstairs in a freezer. If she was in the lobby with her friends before she ended up downstairs how'd she even get downstairs? It wouldn't have made sense for her to get in the elevator and go to the lower level.

we have lots of time stamp issues ( not sure the kitchen stuff may have happened earlier actually -- but her most stable gait was in the kitchen

which is the opposite of it kicking in
there was no carpeting in the kitchen, perhaps that is why.

Oh I personally don't hold the hotel responsible. The law may have different standards though. Some people hold their liquor better than others and like two hours passed between that Irene video and her stumbling around. Plenty of time to get drunk. That was when everything first started. I mean they could've gotten kicked out but I feel like that would've been mentioned as it would've been a whole corral of people leaving at once.

I didn't see anywhere where it was mentioned they left her and went back upstairs honestly which is why I didn't really comment on it before. I always assumed she kind of wandered off while everyone was still in the room.

At the same time even if that is true moving a super drunk person around is a lot. Yeah someone should've stayed with her but hindsight is 20/20. If you tell your drunk friend hey stay here i'll be riiiiiight back you're going to assume that they'll be in the general area at least not downstairs in a freezer. If she was in the lobby with her friends before she ended up downstairs how'd she even get downstairs? It wouldn't have made sense for her to get in the elevator and go to the lower level.

yeah, all three of them left her, downstairs in the lobby, alone, to go upstairs, to get KJ's phone. With her as drunk as she was, I'd have let one person go up to get the phone, or two, and one stay with her so as not to make a scene. Hindsight is 20/20 but I do not feel like these gals were her besties for some reason. Drunk people never stay where you tell them to stay. Well, except for my ex. Would literally sit, for hours, and never move a muscle except to bend the ole elbow, or pop a top.

Sorry.. just trying to catch up.. in this video does anyone else hear a male voice and then a quiet female voice?? Or is it just me??

This looks to be a video OF a video, check out the lower left-hand side. The audio you're hearing is most likely audio surrounding the person who is taping the video they are watching on a screen. The other released video footage has no audio at all, as far as I know.

JMO

yeah, all three of them left her, downstairs in the lobby, alone, to go upstairs, to get KJ's phone. With her as drunk as she was, I'd have let one person go up to get the phone, or two, and one stay with her so as not to make a scene. Hindsight is 20/20 but I do not feel like these gals were her besties for some reason. Drunk people never stay where you tell them to stay. Well, except for my ex. Would literally sit, for hours, and never move a muscle except to bend the ole elbow, or pop a top.

Haha I must be an exception too because under the influence I prefer not to move.

Is there any particular source that mentions they left her?

Right that makes sense for the funeral payment offer, which is why I don't question why they haven't accepted that offer. But the video offer? Wouldn't they want to know what is on the video before forging forward with a lawsuit? I also find it strange the mom was rallying for LE to release the full videos when the hotel already offered for her to view all footage.

It seems like some people WANT for there to be foul play or WANT there to be a conspiracy. I've even seen some of my social media connections posting wild theories about what happened. It's as if it turns out kenneka accidentally went into the freezer and died due to freezing, people will refuse to believe that is the truth and will say there is a big LE coverup or something.

bbm Yes absolutely. Some want this to be a murder and a LE cover up so it can be made into a political circus. Then they will feel justified to release their own pent up anger onto the situation. Can't be done if it's an accident. imo

perhaps it just stopped recording while there was no motion or didn't see a urinal she wanted to try.

I got it. The cameras run all of the time but they only record when they sense motion but when the recording starts it starts 5 seconds before the motion started. Just like the body cams used by Baltimore PD, theirs backs up 10 seconds before they are switched on to begin recording. I hope this makes sense.

Sorry I'm lost. How can it start seconds before there is motion when it only records when there is motion? *scratching head*

There are people that will have hotel parties where some girls will bring other "less experienced girls" for the purpose of the guys to have sex with. If she decided she wasn't playing that game and wasn't high enough, maybe she would take off. Maybe the partiers didn't want her to talk to anyone about what when on. Yes, even teenage girls nowadays will participate at parties like this not thinking the gift of lots of money or drugs isn't wrong. It may be a motive that lead to foul play. (We know money "flipping" is illegal... what else would they do?)

Cant even imagine why three "friends" would leave someone so drunk alone. Moving her car seems to imply they knew she wasn't just tucked away in some bathroom getting sick.

ok, I have a crazy imagination. JMO

ahh the reality is a guest called to complain about all the ruckus

a staff member banged on the door

door opened

and there were 35 kids in a room high as hell a room reeking of weed ( fine by me!)

and left

45 seconds later the room started blasting music again

staff is involved

can you imagine a security guard walking in to a bunch of loud messed up underage kids yelling to a song that is about my house is a *advertiser censored* house or whatever it was and learning

come on my friends

that is just silly

that other song in the ladies room who is e
wearing sun glasses in a room lit by 3 100 watt bulbs live streaming on someone elses phone

a dead 19 year old lying in some freezer for a day and a half

a bunch of kids fleeing the scent high as heck in the dead ladies mother car an hour after the big party started

35 partiers all run away and leave suddenly after just dropping drugs in their blood
streams

a front desk group that acts like they are
clueless that in the middle of the night
start showing up for something

it is supposedly a 4 star hotel and there are 40 totally messed up kids running around the place between two floors

hateful music blaring

ladies running around in bras

in a four star hotel and no staff does anyting

kids high jacking a missing child mother car

driving an hour away

dudes talking about freezers

There are people that will have hotel parties where some girls will bring other "less experienced girls" for the purpose of the guys to have sex with. If she decided she wasn't playing that game and wasn't high enough, maybe she would take off. Maybe the partiers didn't want her to talk to anyone about what when on. Yes, even teenage girls nowadays will participate at parties like this not thinking the gift of lots of money or drugs isn't wrong. It may be a motive that lead to foul play. (We know money "flipping" is illegal... what else would they do?)

Cant even imagine why three "friends" would leave someone so drunk alone. Moving her car seems to imply they knew she wasn't just tucked away in some bathroom getting sick.

ok, I have a crazy imagination. JMO

I have a crazy imagination like yourself. I'll choose to keep a tight lip about who, why until LE gives us more information.

Hopefully...

Thread is open again. Please take note:

Websleuths is victim friendly. Do not bash the victim or the victim's family who are considered victims under TOS. Victims may have a lifestyle that differs from yours, but that does not make them any less a victim. We are not here to pass moral judgment, and we are certainly not here to re-victimize a victim. Just Don't Do It !!

Do not sleuth and discuss the social media or comments of anyone other than the victim. It is all considered rumor and we don't allow rumors to be discussed.

Sorry folks ... Websleuths is not a free for all. For members who continue to violate TOS, timeouts may be issued.

Please just read The Rules and post accordingly.

This local news footage has a previously unreleased clip. It shows Kenneka in a different hallway (the "repeatedly hits the wall" section of the news report), which is what I remembered seeing elsewhere but couldn't find until now. Not everything has been officially released, you can bet on it.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/video/3731505-rosemont-pd-not-handing-kenneka-jenkins-case-to-fbi/

Thank you for sharing this, ZoriahNZ. I hadn't seen the video at :40 of the video posted in the CBS Local link, and IMO this clip was one of the more shocking ones. She's really having a hard time. :notgood:

Haha I must be an exception too because under the influence I prefer not to move.

Is there any particular source that mentions they left her?

In my years of experience, you are an exception, at least in my circle of drunken crew. Don't get me wrong, I've left folks, and again, I've been left, but this scenario doesn't make sense to me. It does not take three people to go get her phone. With her being that out of it, one of them should have stayed with her. That's just what I'd have done if it were my friend. She could have very well walked out of the lobby door and been run over by a bus. That's why I said earlier, it was a perfect storm of events that lead to a horrible accident. In a perfect world, she'd gone to the bowling alley and movies, where her mother said she was told she was going, and returned home that night.

attachment.php

Okay, so this is something I came up with after watching the footage and comparing it to maps / images.

Orange dashed lines note names that don't match up on both maps.

I'm 97% sure she was on the conference level and not the lobby based on looking at the meeting rooms / layout and of course lack of people. It's not the same level as those elevators posted earlier.

I think she was around the Midway Auditorium in those hallway videos based off the door placement. ( Those double doors might the doors to Airport Accommodations / Kitty Hawk ) Basically I think the kitchen area would've been somewhere under the area you guys were looking at.

The only issue I have with that theory is on this one map ( blue ) the stairs over there are labeled as escalators. If that's true then my theory about her whereabouts makes less sense. IMO that's the only place that makes sense via maps we have access to though. This is also assuming that I interpreted the order of the surveillance footage right based on layout.

I turned the maps on their side so you can see the alignment of the stairs she possibly tripped over and the double doors in the background.

Here are floor plans again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads