IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But that is also the foot of the missing shoe. So it has to have something to do with the right shoe being missing. We see her walk to the freezer with both shoes on. What happened? You can't get a bruise post mortem.

It was a cut or scrape on her ankle and a bruise on the back of her leg. I don’t remember reading what part of the leg though (thigh, calf, etc)

Right. I read the report. As I say, with a shoe missing off the same leg as the bruised thigh, I want to know what happened. A scratch on the left ankle wouldn't be significant alone, but in combination with the bruise on the thigh AND missing right shoe? When she walked back there with both shoes on?

I guess I need to call Rosemont and ask the detective myself where this glass slipper is.

They didn't find her shoe?

The autopsy report says the body came with a "left shoe." WTH? Why say that unless it did not come with a right shoe, too?

I don't know. .Am I making too much of it? They also say toe tags, as in more than one, And where are her socks? I guess it's possible the tag person removed them and lost the right shoe? And socks? Who where's tennis shoes without socks? Anyways, I'm gong to firehouse subs, dammit.

Maybe the shoe was taken to the police department in an evidence bag since it's not part of her body. I have no clue how these things work, but if the shoe is truly missing, it looks like that would set off some alarm bells.

Right. I read the report. As I say, with a shoe missing off the same leg as the bruised thigh, I want to know what happened. A scratch on the left ankle wouldn't be significant alone, but in combination with the bruise on the thigh AND missing right shoe? When she walked back there with both shoes on?

I guess I need to call Rosemont and ask the detective myself where this glass slipper is.

I know you were being sarcastic but I’d love if you called them and asked lol. Not that they’d tell you, but a girl can wish.

I am hoping that with all of the SM chatter about the shoe LE will make a statement about it but idk.

In the video of her coming out of the elevators she was on the Lower Level. In the video of her on the darkened hallway, that's the Conference Level. So the way I read it, she ascended stairs, from the Lower Level, up into an unused kitchen on the Conference Level (darkened hallway).

Where is the footage of her going up the stairs? We see stairs in the videos, and the one she hit herself on is near the food court. at 3:31:09am she is walking back into the kitchen she just came out of-- away from the stairs. At 3:32:35, she is walking toward the freezer. How does she get to the stairs again without being back in the hallways or what am I missing?

I know you were being sarcastic but I’d love if you called them and asked lol. Not that they’d tell you, but a girl can wish.

I am hoping that with all of the SM chatter about the shoe LE will make a statement about it but idk.

No, I'm quite serious. Someone gave me the number to the detective and told me to ask about the status of the case to put pressure on them. I wasn't going to, but now that I see this missing shoe, I think I will. They probably won't tell me because they dont know, and maybe my question will make them ask themselves where it is. And the socks, too.

Topiramate is used to the treat seizures, epilepsy, migraine headaches and not to be combined with alcohol.. I have seen nothing to indicate if she had ever used this before or if this was the first time. Nor how fast someone might experience adverse reactions. But the balance/poor walking sure fits.

some of the possible side-effects include:
https://www.drugs.com/cdi/topiramate-tablets.html

• Not able to focus.
  • Change in balance.
  • Very bad dizziness or passing out.
  • Not able to eat.
  • Back pain, belly pain, or blood in the urine. May be signs of a kidney stone.
  • Trouble passing urine.
  • A burning, numbness, or tingling feeling that is not normal.
  • A big weight loss.
  • If seizures are worse or not the same after starting this medicine (topiramate tablets).
  • Bone pain.
  • Chest pain or pressure.
  • Memory problems or loss.
  • Muscle pain or weakness.
  • Ringing in ears.
  • Trouble speaking.
  • Shakiness.
  • Trouble walking.
  • Not able to control eye movements.

I take Topamax. I have for years. Epilepsy. It's also great for migraine control (of which it also controls for me). Another thing that not many people know about this drug, as is stated above, but if you don't have to take it you may not know, is that when you first start taking it, a lot of people will drop weight. I mean a lot of weight. However, after you get adjusted to it, your weight will level off. So, if someone is wanting to drop some pounds, topamax can do that. Docs can't prescribe those little, miracle, weight loss pills anymore, that keep you so wide awake that you can drive from coast to coast w/o stopping to sleep, and make you super skinny...(they were a mix of speed and meth). So some folks may have discovered, through family with migraines, or epilepsy, that Topamax will help you to shed pounds if you take it for a couple months. Just a guess.

OMG. I have just tapered off topamax/topiramate after six months of taking it. It is horrible. To note: it is awful combined with alcohol, absolutely exhausting. The combination is not something that I would describe as a 'buzz'. About 20 to 30 minutes after taking it I would become extremely hot... we are talking no blankets in the middle of winter. For example, if I had been reading in bed and then took topamax, 20 minutes later my blankets and clothes would come off in a cold bedroom. Strangely enough, throughout the day it would become difficult to get warm again if I felt cold. It absolutely messes with your thermostat.
It is very much like Epilum in that it is used as a mood stabiliser and/or to prevent seizures. You have to taper on to it when starting out because of the risk of heat rash!
It is also used as a treatment for bullemia. I had it as a mood stabiliser after bad flashbacks from PTSD. It is a real appetite killer. It stops bullemia because you just feel 'sated'.
It makes you emotionally numb. Perhaps it was her mother's? Not a fun drug. At all.
moo

ETA: I even complained to my psychiatrist about feeling nothing when my friend's dog died, ironically. I was willing to have PTSD flashbacks rather than continue with that drug!

I'm sorry it affected you that way! That's just horrible! I hope you find something that helps you with your PTSD. I have that too and, just over the past couple years have started improving (I don't take Topamax, or any scrip for that though).

I started having seizures in my teens. Three different types and I'm sensitive to most anti-epileptic drugs. Tried nearly all of them. It doesn't take much of them for me, for them to be effective. Depakote was pure Hell. I get the bad side effects super quick from most of them.

Topamax has been the only drug I've been able to take to keep them under control. I drink on occasion too. I am not a heavy drinker, nor do I drink often, but it never bothers me. I'd rather not take any meds but, as for me, Topamax has been the reason I still have a driver's license.

I even went through brain surgery to try and stop them and got worse side effects from that (although it did give some relief from one of the more worst type of seizures that I have. But, what I lost from the brain surgery won't come back, so, I think, if I had it to do over, and know what I do now? I don't know if I'd do it again. Then again, it has provided me with some relief, and I'm sure that my tongue is thankful for that. lol So, for me, I just have to weigh the good with the bad.

No, I'm quite serious. Someone gave me the number to the detective and told me to ask about the status of the case to put pressure on them. I wasn't going to, but now that I see this missing shoe, I think I will. They probably won't tell me because they dont know, and maybe my question will make them ask themselves where it is. And the socks, too.

Good luck... keep us posted!

This medicine may make you sweat less which will cause your body temperature to increase. Use extra care not to become overheated during exercise or hot weather with this medicine. Overheating may result in heat stroke and hot baths or saunas may make you dizzy or feel faint.

https://www.drugs.com/cons/topamax.html

This is one of the few side effects that I've had. I do any heavy duty outdoor work, in the heat of summer, at a slow pace, or wait until past the heat of the day.

Here is a link to the full autopsy report. I’m not sure if it’s been posted. I haven’t looked thru it yet and probably won’t understand much of the medical terminology anyway but figured it might be of interest to some

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...psy-toxicology-report-20171006-htmlstory.html

The fact that they mention the Wischnevsky lesions is consistent with hypothermia, however, there were other autopsy indicators for that that did not show up. However, their absence does not rule out hypothermia as ethanol intoxication is known to prevent the appearance of adaptation responses to cold. The bruising and abrasion could easily have occurred stumbling into walls or furnishings. Overall the autopsy results are pretty straightforward and the BAC is credible as with the body in a cold state, you’re not going to have the microbial contamination and fermentation that can increase BAC after death

True, just all the talk of Zanny bars in their social media etc (which look distinctive) made me think how generally boring topamax looks.
I didn't know Valium once looked like that - clever marketing!

It was technically a “V” but it looked like a heart because it was block lettered... that was the brand name one. It is now manufactured by generic pharma companies and looks more benign...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was technically a “V” but it looked like a heart because it was block lettered... that was the brand name one. It is now manufactured by generic pharma companies and looks more benign...

My mind is blown haha. Since high school I thought they were hearts.

I just went and googled what they looked like and it is def a V. I guess I can see why I thought heart but V makes so much more sense.

The fact that they mention the Wischnevsky lesions is consistent with hypothermia, however, there were other autopsy indicators for that that did not show up. However, their absence does not rule out hypothermia as ethanol intoxication is known to prevent the appearance of adaptation responses to cold. The bruising and abrasion could easily have occurred stumbling into walls or furnishings. Overall the autopsy results are pretty straightforward and the BAC is credible as with the body in a cold state, you’re not going to have the microbial contamination and fermentation that can increase BAC after death

What are the indicators that didn’t show up? I don’t know much about this stuff.

My mind is blown haha. Since high school I thought they were hearts.

I just went and googled what they looked like and it is def a V. I guess I can see why I thought heart but V makes so much more sense.

It has to be imprinted with combinations of letters and numbers... that is how we ID unknown pills... I’ve had patients come in with bottles with several different pills and they didn’t know what was what... I’m talking ibuprofen, antibiotics, and BP meds all in one bottle!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insanecobain
Back