IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It has to be imprinted with combinations of letters and numbers... that is how we ID unknown pills... I’ve had patients come in with bottles with several different pills and they didn’t know what was what... I’m talking ibuprofen, antibiotics, and BP meds all in one bottle!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I know about the imprints and combo of letters and numbers but what we’re talking about regarding Valium wasn’t an imprint, it was a cutout, for lack of better word.

LE says the investigation isn’t over

The remaining individuals are only known by street names and we are working with local jurisdictions to identify and locate them,” police said in a news release. “At this point we have had no cooperation with friends or family of the unidentified subjects who remain to be interviewed.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...o-Booked-Room-For-Party--449841173.html?amp=y

I don't understand why Kenneka's family (I guess that includes her mother?) and friends won't help LE locate the remaining party goers.

Martin led chants of “tear it down” and “justice for Kenneka” that were directed at the hotel, as shown on a series of Facebook videos that she streamed live from the protests both nights. She also called again for the FBI to either join or take over the local police investigation, which hasn’t announced a cause of death, a suspect or a motive more than three weeks after Jenkins was found dead in a walk-in storage freezer.
Martin also called for authorities to “release the tape,” a reference to the hotel’s surveillance footage that showed Jenkins staggering around before making her way into the kitchen where the freezer was. Supporters of Jenkins have cried foul over the fact that there is no footage showing the 19-year-old actually entering the freezer.

https://newsone.com/3751080/kenneka-jenkins-mother-new-video-hotel-protest-freezer-death/

I wonder if Kenneka's mom still feels the same now that the autopsy report and COD have been released. Has she made any statements?

I also wonder where Kenneka got the topiramate - finding the source should provide answers as to what happened that night. It's not a common drug sold on the street as far as I can tell so if someone is dealing it then LE should be able to find them. And if someone known to Kenneka has a prescription and gave some to her IMO that will come out eventually.

After relooking at the pics released of the kitchen where she was found, watching the raw footage of where her mom identified the body, and then watching this video, am I missing something? It seems abundantly clear to me she went back into the cooler/freezer area and no one else followed her. As a previous poster said, it’s a dead end where the freezer is, and there are no doors, entrances, or exits. Why do people still think she was murdered? I’m genuinely curious if I am missing something or interpreting the above mentioned videos and photos incorrectly

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chic...kenneka-jenkins-death-20171006-story,amp.html

Yes I know about the imprints and combo of letters and numbers but what we’re talking about regarding Valium wasn’t an imprint, it was a cutout, for lack of better word.

Yes, I know what you’re referring to... but even then, it’s going to be an identifier.... sharing picture from my pharmaceutical reference (Epocrates) that I use for work so folks know what we are referring to :)

39da1f4e8364438b8d0fbc5cf34cd71d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't understand why Kenneka's family (I guess that includes her mother?) and friends won't help LE locate the remaining party goers.

https://newsone.com/3751080/kenneka-jenkins-mother-new-video-hotel-protest-freezer-death/

I wonder if Kenneka's mom still feels the same now that the autopsy report and COD have been released. Has she made any statements?

I also wonder where Kenneka got the topiramate - finding the source should provide answers as to what happened that night. It's not a common drug sold on the street as far as I can tell so if someone is dealing it then LE should be able to find them. And if someone known to Kenneka has a prescription and gave some to her IMO that will come out eventually.

I’m really curious who released the details of the private autopsy.

Sadly, I don’t think her mom is going to change her mind. She would rather believe her daughter was murdered and that LE and/or the hotel are hiding the surveillance tapes that would prove her theory. Mind you, the hotel offered her the tapes right away, but she didn’t take them up on their offer. Why not?

After relooking at the pics released of the kitchen where she was found, watching the raw footage of where her mom identified the body, and then watching this video, am I missing something? It seems abundantly clear to me she went back into the cooler/freezer area and no one else followed her. As a previous poster said, it’s a dead end where the freezer is, and there are no doors, entrances, or exits. Why do people still think she was murdered? I’m genuinely curious if I am missing something or interpreting the above mentioned videos and photos incorrectly

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chic...kenneka-jenkins-death-20171006-story,amp.html

I think at this point it's not people thinking someone followed her and killed her in the freezer, but that something happened to her beforehand that lead to her going down there and dying. Such as someone drugging her, maybe hurting her and then drugging her, etc. Just MOO.

I think at this point it's not people thinking someone followed her and killed her in the freezer, but that something happened to her beforehand that lead to her going down there and dying. Such as someone drugging her, maybe hurting her and then drugging her, etc. Just MOO.

But the toxicology reports showed a lot of alcohol and therapeutic doses of a medication that generally, people don’t take recreationally. It just seems like people need to point a finger at someone other than kenneka. The poor girl got far too wasted at a hotel party and unfortunately it ended in tragedy.

ETA - if people think something happened to her beforehand, why are they still rallying to release the tapes? Obviously there aren’t surveillance cameras inside hotel rooms. This is why the protests aren’t taken seriously. They lack credibility bc they are all over the place. Pick a stance and stick with it. It’s like if Jesus Christ himself said it was an accidental death people would still say the saints in heaven are involved in the coverup. JMO

Last edit - if her friends and family want justice for kenneka, and they think her death is caused by someone drugging her beforehand, they need to do a little better to get the names of the people at the party. Obviously the friends aren’t talking to the police, but I find it hard to believe non-LE people can’t find out their identities.

Her shoe was probably somewhere in the freezer and she was sent to the coroner without it. There would be no reason for the shoe to be sent to the ME.

I am still confused about how she ended up taking that drug. Did she take it voluntarily or did someone put it in her drink and slip it to her?

In my experience as a pediatric nurse, and as a nurse in general- some people will take ANYTHING if they think it might get them high. Topiramax, ibuprofen, Grandma's purse contents.....ANYthing.

Does anyone have an idea why the empty freezer was still operating in the abandoned and unused upstairs kitchen area? Just wondering.

"The abandoned and unused upstairs kitchen had its cooking stoves and ovens removed, but for "an unknown reason" the empty walk-in freezer was still operating, according the filing by attorneys for Tereasa Martin, Kenneka's mother."

People need to find someone to blame so the can feel no guilt about whatever they might have contributed or might have prevented. It is much easier to blame some one or some thing rather than take responsibility especially if there might be a big fat check at the end of the rainbow. Just my opinion.

The shoe and sock may have gotten misplaced when the toe tags were put on. Just because the coroner didn’t get one doesn’t mean LE doesn’t have it. They may have taken it to check for trace evidence. The small abrasion and bruise near the ankle (not thigh) was probably a rolled ankle during her staggering very possibly during that cute maneuver at the bottom of the stairs.

People need to find someone to blame so the can feel no guilt about whatever they might have contributed or might have prevented. It is much easier to blame some one or some thing rather than take responsibility especially if there might be a big fat check at the end of the rainbow. Just my opinion.

The shoe and sock may have gotten misplaced when the toe tags were put on. Just because the coroner didn’t get one doesn’t mean LE doesn’t have it. They may have taken it to check for trace evidence. The small abrasion and bruise near the ankle (not thigh) was probably a rolled ankle during her staggering very possibly during that cute maneuver at the bottom of the stairs.

Random strangers on social media likely don’t feel like they are responsible in any way so idk why they are intent on blaming anyone that conveniently fits the theory of the day.

RIP Kenneka.

The autopsy report pretty much closes this case. Accidental death, died of hypothermia. Topa,a. And alcohol found in her system.

Her family and friends may not like it or agree with it, but to me this case has always been cut and dried. She went to a party. Got drunk, took a pill, got wasted, got separated from her friends and went to an area that was off limits to customers, went into the freezer and couldn't figure out how to get out and died there.

No foul play, no smoking gun. People just don't want to accept it and want to blame, blame, blame. They want somon accountable for a tragedy that happened accidentally, with no one else involved. They want to make someone accountable when there is no wrongdoing.

I pray her family and friends find peace. We all lose loved ones in different ways and denial is one of the stages of grief, as well as anger. Any one of us can say if it weren't for this or that our loved one would still be here, but the fact is, death visits us all. It's inevitable.

To me, this case is closed. Peace out.

In my experience as a pediatric nurse, and as a nurse in general- some people will take ANYTHING if they think it might get them high. Topiramax, ibuprofen, Grandma's purse contents.....ANYthing.

Was KJ known for taking drugs? I'm still thinking someone at the party gave her the drug without her knowing :(. The 1 guy's live video in it at the end of the video he's asking where the cup is at? What cup? And they looked to be disposable cups so why is he asking for a disposable cup back (evidence?) JMO

I'm sorry it affected you that way! That's just horrible! I hope you find something that helps you with your PTSD. I have that too and, just over the past couple years have started improving (I don't take Topamax, or any scrip for that though).

I started having seizures in my teens. Three different types and I'm sensitive to most anti-epileptic drugs. Tried nearly all of them. It doesn't take much of them for me, for them to be effective. Depakote was pure Hell. I get the bad side effects super quick from most of them.

Topamax has been the only drug I've been able to take to keep them under control. I drink on occasion too. I am not a heavy drinker, nor do I drink often, but it never bothers me. I'd rather not take any meds but, as for me, Topamax has been the reason I still have a driver's license.

I even went through brain surgery to try and stop them and got worse side effects from that (although it did give some relief from one of the more worst type of seizures that I have. But, what I lost from the brain surgery won't come back, so, I think, if I had it to do over, and know what I do now? I don't know if I'd do it again. Then again, it has provided me with some relief, and I'm sure that my tongue is thankful for that. lol So, for me, I just have to weigh the good with the bad.

Thanks for your empathy. It sounds like you have been through a lot, you poor thing! I couldn't tolerate Epilim. It gave me a bad tremor.
Topamax made me emotionally numb. I guess that was the intention. I like to have a few light beers, and the Topamax certainly enhanced their alcoholic affect, not in a good way.
We all react differently to meds. You can actually take a genetic test that helps to determine your own needs dosage wise.
I'm really glad Topamax works for you. I have a cochlear implant and balance problems. They nearly did some sort of brain stem surgery for the balance, but I'm glad they didn't. I had a friend who had a seemingly successful implant for seizures and died within months of it for reasons unknown. He was under 50. We are all so complicated. Take care.

For what purpose would somebody give her a drug to treat epilepsy/migraine? Maybe she took it because she had a headache? It's concentration was in a "therapeutic dose" so not too high.There was no date rape drugs found. I thinks its clearly accidental.

I don't believe while high or drunk someone just sat down in a freezer and went to sleep it doesn't seem logical.
Tons of people that attended their party have changed stories several times blaming each other on social media. They must have realized she was missing at some point, come on now a party with a bunch of teenagers that know each other...that had to of realized she was gone, and alone???Left her phone and mom's car keys with her so called friends??? Doesn't seem right
<modsnip>

Please review Websleuths rules regarding Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Excerpt from the above rules:

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

Does anyone have an idea why the empty freezer was still operating in the abandoned and unused upstairs kitchen area? Just wondering.

"The abandoned and unused upstairs kitchen had its cooking stoves and ovens removed, but for "an unknown reason" the empty walk-in freezer was still operating, according the filing by attorneys for Tereasa Martin, Kenneka's mother."

Husband is a chef! He says that it takes several days to bring a walk in freezer down to food safety temperature. They're often left running to avoid that long delay when a kitchen is expected to return to operation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insanecobain
Back