IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can easily believe she was drugged. But what confuses me is that no one was there, taking advantage of her being drugged. Usually beautiful young women are drugged so they can be taken advantage of.

Did that happen upstairs before she left? I wonder what forensics they found, if any? :cry:

Keep in mind that the girls were leaving the hotel. Around 3am, were they going home, to another party, or where?

It's possible that there were plans for a SA at the second location, although I don't believe that personally.

IMO if someone slipped something in her drink that person has likely done that before to someone else. Therefore that person would probably know how quickly it would hit KJ (i.e before leaving the hotel and reaching their next destination) but it's also possible that there was a plan in motion and it got messed up by KJ and friends wanting to leave / potentially being kicked out. (We do not know the circumstances causing the girls to leave at that time).

I pray KJ's friends didn't expect her to drive anywhere under her condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

best layout floorplan I have seen. Thanks!

I haven't gone back to listen, but could the officer have said he found her "by the garage" instead of "garbage"?

ETA ... I listened again, It is definitely "I'm in the rear, by the dock area, by the garbage"

Based on those floor plans, I'm not sure we are looking in the right place though. What do you think? The arrows are pointing toward Hotel Tower and Elevators ---> This seems to me that she'd have gotten off in the LL of the Tower portion?

The mom did another Facebook Live video last night. The sound cut in and out a lot and I didn't watch the whole thing. During the part I watched, they were all still protesting at the hotel, and the mom is still demanding to know what happened. I just don't understand this. There are lots of unwitnessed deaths. Loved ones don't always get to know exactly what happened. The autopsy is being done. If her body shows signs of trauma, then I will understand the mom continuing to look for answers. I just think everyone needs to let the police complete the investigation and let the autopsy results be completed. One of the speakers at the event mentioned the possibility of a homicidal hotel staff member. There is NO evidence to support that! I think their time would be better spent tracking down the other party-goers who the police haven't been able to locate.

The mom did another Facebook Live video last night. The sound cut in and out a lot and I didn't watch the whole thing. During the part I watched, they were all still protesting at the hotel, and the mom is still demanding to know what happened. I just don't understand this. There are lots of unwitnessed deaths. Loved ones don't always get to know exactly what happened. The autopsy is being done. If her body shows signs of trauma, then I will understand the mom continuing to look for answers. I just think everyone needs to let the police complete the investigation and let the autopsy results be completed. One of the speakers at the event mentioned the possibility of a homicidal hotel staff member. There is NO evidence to support that! I think their time would be better spent tracking down the other party-goers who the police haven't been able to locate.

I could be very wrong, but I think it was a horrible accident. Sometimes we just have to live with the fact that our family members make horrible choices, intoxicated, or not, and they lose their lives because of it. My cousin died, all alone, as a result of a fire, due to intoxication and a poor choice, after an argument at a gathering. We have only speculation as to why, how, they decided to end up where they were, but they'd fallen asleep, while smoking a cigarette. It was just horrible, but it was an accident. :sigh:

And I agree, they all should be tracking down the other folks in those videos rather than making their own videos to put out on their on FB and Twitter. It's not about them, if they truly want to find out what happened, make it about her, and help LE, instead of hindering.

best layout floorplan I have seen. Thanks!

I haven't gone back to listen, but could the officer have said he found her "by the garage" instead of "garbage"?

ETA ... I listened again, It is definitely "I'm in the rear, by the dock area, by the garbage"

I'm afraid to comment on this case anymore with people getting kinda defensive so quickly. But I just want to put up what I see. Is this the area? Or around the area the cop was referencing about his location...I have no idea but I thought I share.

This is the hotel and I just wanted to point out (circle) that area
dad55aefa7a783c63dfa7c73195a9389.png

Zoomed in and I poorly circled a door on the left and some type of unloading area where the 2 cars are parked. Could this be the "dock" Next..where my orange line is I can see dumpsters IMO.
7d185378dcdbff146fdef8e291fb454a.png

Then this is just a big areal view of the hotel itself which I like to refer as a big mamma hotel.
5dd03fed851617d27ae3cbaad63c96b3.png

Thoughts? Thanks!!

I can't believe there's been so much speculation and talk about this girl. She got "tore up from the floor up" as my friends and I would say, and she went wandering around, into the freezer, and probably passed out.

Her blood alcohol level was likely in the 200-300 range by the looks of her in the videos. (0.2 - 0.3 if talking in legal terms.) When people are drinking that much at a party or bar with a lot of people, it's very easy to lose track of friends.

I think KJ was so drunk she had no idea what was going on and her thought processes were severely hindered by the alcohol. It's just a tragic accident.

I have a lot of empathy for her mom. She's still in denial. Somehow she's thinking that finding someone to blame is going to make a difference.

Based on those floor plans, I'm not sure we are looking in the right place though. What do you think? The arrows are pointing toward Hotel Tower and Elevators ---> This seems to me that she'd have gotten off in the LL of the Tower portion?

That's what I thought at the beginning and I still go with that theory.... basement = LL (lower level) .

I'm afraid to comment on this case anymore with people getting kinda defensive so quickly. But I just want to put up what I see. Is this the area? Or around the area the cop was referencing about his location...I have no idea but I thought I share.

This is the hotel and I just wanted to point out (circle) that area
dad55aefa7a783c63dfa7c73195a9389.png

Zoomed in and I poorly circled a door on the left and some type of unloading area where the 2 cars are parked. Could this be the "dock" Next..where my orange line is I can see dumpsters IMO.
7d185378dcdbff146fdef8e291fb454a.png

Then this is just a big areal view of the hotel itself which I like to refer as a big mamma hotel.
5dd03fed851617d27ae3cbaad63c96b3.png

Thoughts? Thanks!!

Thanks for this view; I have tried to get around to the back and sides of the hotel, but iPad isn't letting me (I have not downloaded google-earth, though). I have been trying to find dumpsters. Even with your picture, I can't be sure those are dumpsters, but it does look possible. If so, then I think you found the general area. If it is, then the "kitchen area" should be close to this door area. I can't take the time to compare more right now, but I will be looking at this later.

Thanks again!

That's what I thought at the beginning and I still go with that theory.... basement = LL (lower level) .

Somebody went into the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosemont recently and made an elevator video. They pressed 2 buttons at the same time on the bottom of the panel. One button said LL and the other said LLR. When the elevator stopped, they were on the lower level (conference floor) and 2 sets off doors opened. The front and the rear. Outside the rear doors were some type of white storage carts. LL is apparently lower level/basement and LLR probably stands for lower level rear and it's probably used to transport various things such as laundry, cleaning supplies, furniture and maybe room service. Just now I was using Google Maps to check the outside grounds of the hotel and I seen a laundry (linen) truck parked outside. I zoomed in and it was parked outside a loading dock next to some garbage dumpsters. I have a strong feeling that the freezer is close to that area and the kitchen a little beyond that. I seen another video where a couple people went to the hotel and showed where the 2 kitchen entrances were at. There are 2 hallways that run parallel to the Midway Auditorium. At one end of each hallway is an entrance to the kitchen. At one end of the hallway between the Midway Auditorium and Orly and Kennedy conference rooms is the main kitchen entrance with swinging double doors. You can see the dock and garbage compactors all the way in the back when they put the camera up to the window. The other kitchen entrance is at one end of the hallway on the other side of the Midway auditorium also with swinging double doors. I doubt that any of these doors are ever locked. Keneeka looks like she went in the kitchen twice if you track her movements on the hotel videos. First she went in the main entrance at the end of the Midway and Orly/Kennedy conference rooms, walked a little bit and turned left and went out the other side of the kitchen. Then she walked down that hallway, went in the bathroom, turned around and went back in through the same kitchen doors she had just left from. Then she kept walking to the back of the kitchen until she disappeared from sight and ended up in the freezer.

Hello all. I am an old sleuther who has returned because like everyone else, this case has intrigued me.

Has anyone else watched the videos of Kenneka with her friends on separate occasions before the day of the party. They always seem to be dancing. In watching Kenneka's movements and her speech, she seems to be awkward and almost exhibits some delays. You can even see it in the videos from the hotel in the way that she holds her arm and hand. I wonder if she may have had some cognitive or fine motor delays which have been exacerbated by alcohol. In a video that I observed of Kenneka being in a car with a couple of friends (I believe Irene was one of the girls in the car), the other girls share weed but Kenneka didn't indulge at all. Her mother also stated that she could not handle a significant amount of liquor so a little bit obviously went a long way.

I also found it interesting that when the mother was speaking with law enforcement about Kenneka's initial disappearance she referenced a ticket dated September 6th. I wonder if Kenneka had been to the hotel in recent weeks for other hotel parties with friends and so felt comfortable walking around to look for her friends but her inebriation prohibited her from successfully finding her way back.

I would also add that the sister and the mother don't always seem to be of the same accord or to be completely forthright. I don't think it means deceit, but I think that the impromptu news conference is an example in which the sister says that no one from LE has called her then LE steps in and says they have been in contact with a family member. The mom saying that Andrew Holmes doesn't represent the family and that she hasn't spoken to him yet there is video footage of her standing with him during an interview and she references talking to him on the phone in other video footage. Keeping in mind that the mother has been in the hospital and medicated, this may explain some of the inconsistencies.

Lastly, some people have mentioned that the hotel could be found liable. Technically, Kenneka was trespassing, and it is not clear that all 30 of those people at the party were legal allowed to be there.

I think Kenneka is the one in the video footage. I think her friends tried to do the noble thing, but in the haste of them them all being drunk and high but wanting to get her things so they could leave, they left Kenneka alone (in the lobby?). It is an unfortunate event that has occurred, but all roads seem to lead to Kenneka walking into the freezer in a drunken state. It is possible that she could have ingested some type of drug whether purposely or without her knowledge. Whether someone took advantage of her while she was roaming is yet to be determined, but LE seems to keep inferring that this is not the case.

The mass conspiracy theories are bred from a total lack of distrust that Blacks have for the white establishment which goes beyond the police department. I recently read an article about unfair housing practices in Chicago that stemmed from the 1950s that forced Blacks into these inner city ghettos, stripping them of the opportunity to legally purchase homes and swindling them into unfair contracts that were tantamount to sharecropping. Chicago didn't become a crime infested, gang-run city overnight. Anyway, the protesting is not just about Kenneka. It represents a subconscious pain for centuries of injustices and mistrust.

Thanks for this view; I have tried to get around to the back and sides of the hotel, but iPad isn't letting me (I have not downloaded google-earth, though). I have been trying to find dumpsters. Even with your picture, I can't be sure those are dumpsters, but it does look possible. If so, then I think you found the general area. If it is, then the "kitchen area" should be close to this door area. I can't take the time to compare more right now, but I will be looking at this later.

Thanks again!

Except you have the wrong hotel, she was at the Rosemont, not the Chicago O'hare in your pics

Know that I look again at the picture on Google Maps, I think those dumpsters next to the linen truck are too small to handle the garbage generated in a huge kitchen and conference center. Maybe those containers are just for the hotel trash in that particular tower. I'm thinking they might need a compactor unit to handle their large amount of waste in the kitchen and conference areas. A compactor unit attaches to the wall and connects to a large roll-off container. If they're using a compactor unit, then a roll-off container will always be connected to it unless it's being switched out and replaced with an empty one. Roll-off containers are usually pretty big and should be easy to spot.

Hello all. I am an old sleuther who has returned because like everyone else, this case has intrigued me.

Has anyone else watched the videos of Kenneka with her friends on separate occasions before the day of the party. They always seem to be dancing. In watching Kenneka's movements and her speech, she seems to be awkward and almost exhibits some delays. You can even see it in the videos from the hotel in the way that she holds her arm and hand. I wonder if she may have had some cognitive or fine motor delays which have been exacerbated by alcohol. In a video that I observed of Kenneka being in a car with a couple of friends (I believe Irene was one of the girls in the car), the other girls share weed but Kenneka didn't indulge at all. Her mother also stated that she could not handle a significant amount of liquor so a little bit obviously went a long way.

I also found it interesting that when the mother was speaking with law enforcement about Kenneka's initial disappearance she referenced a ticket dated September 6th. I wonder if Kenneka had been to the hotel in recent weeks for other hotel parties with friends and so felt comfortable walking around to look for her friends but her inebriation prohibited her from successfully finding her way back.

I would also add that the sister and the mother don't always seem to be of the same accord or to be completely forthright. I don't think it means deceit, but I think that the impromptu news conference is an example in which the sister says that no one from LE has called her then LE steps in and says they have been in contact with a family member. The mom saying that Andrew Holmes doesn't represent the family and that she hasn't spoken to him yet there is video footage of her standing with him during an interview and she references talking to him on the phone in other video footage. Keeping in mind that the mother has been in the hospital and medicated, this may explain some of the inconsistencies.

Lastly, some people have mentioned that the hotel could be found liable. Technically, Kenneka was trespassing, and it is not clear that all 30 of those people at the party were legal allowed to be there.

I think Kenneka is the one in the video footage. I think her friends tried to do the noble thing, but in the haste of them them all being drunk and high but wanting to get her things so they could leave, they left Kenneka alone (in the lobby?). It is an unfortunate event that has occurred, but all roads seem to lead to Kenneka walking into the freezer in a drunken state. It is possible that she could have ingested some type of drug whether purposely or without her knowledge. Whether someone took advantage of her while she was roaming is yet to be determined, but LE seems to keep inferring that this is not the case.

The mass conspiracy theories are bred from a total lack of distrust that Blacks have for the white establishment which goes beyond the police department. I recently read an article about unfair housing practices in Chicago that stemmed from the 1950s that forced Blacks into these inner city ghettos, stripping them of the opportunity to legally purchase homes and swindling them into unfair contracts that were tantamount to sharecropping. Chicago didn't become a crime infested, gang-run city overnight. Anyway, the protesting is not just about Kenneka. It represents a subconscious pain for centuries of injustices and mistrust.

I have also wondered about the parking ticket dated for the 6th. The mom seemed surprised and confused by it on the 911 call.

And I agree with you about the conspiracy theories being partially about racial distrust. Although I think it's common for cases generate conspiracy theories. But as I listened to some of the speakers at the protest, I didn't hear them say much about Kenneka. They talked about the bad experiences they've been dealing with for many years. I think this whole thing has turned into something that really doesn't have much to do with finding out what happened to Kenneka. When the protesters give these public speeches, why aren't they asking for anyone with information to come forward? They could consider offering a reward. It seems like they are using her death to bring light to some other issues that don't really apply to her situation. That's my opinion. I'm sure there are others that see it differently.

Except you have the wrong hotel, she was at the Rosemont, not the Chicago O'hare in your pics

It;s the same ... or am I mistaken? The Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare hotel in Rosemont, IL, also referred to as Crowne Plaza Rosemont.

It;s the same ... or am I mistaken? The Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare hotel in Rosemont, IL, also referred to as Crowne Plaza Rosemont.

I believe they're the same. "The Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare" is in Rosemont so some people refer to it as "The Crowne Plaza Rosemont."

Here are a few things I'd like to know about this situation:

1. What time did Irene arrive at the hotel?

2. If KJ and crew left her house around 1130pm, it took 45 minutes to get to the hotel, and they arrived at 115am, then what were they doing for the extra hour of time? Did they go eat? Had they started drinking already? Because there is absolutely no food whatsoever at that party.

Minor correction: According to the surveillance tapes, they arrived at the hotel at 00:13 which is 12:13am which is consistent with a 45 min drive. There is no extra hour to account for.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue
Back