IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thinking of Kierra and her precious baby this morning, and praying that today is the day that they are found.

I hope the silence means that LE is slowly but surely making progress towards a resolution.

In the meantime, sending hugs and strength to her family.

Kierra and her baby have been missing for two months as of today. Patiently waiting for an update.

I did find an article from last Thursday with new information about the surveillance footage (my apologies in advance if this was already posted and I missed it):

“Regina Kennedy, a friend of the family told the Chicago Tribune in October that Coles had been last seen when she went to an appointment with her aunt and friend.

Her [Kierra’s] family said the post office told them Coles called out of work the following day on Oct. 3, although it's not clear whether she made the call herself. Several media outlets have showed surveillance footage from that day appearing to show a woman many believed was Coles dressed in her postal uniform seemingly leaving for work. However, Julie Kenney, a public information representative at the United States Postal Inspection Service, which is investigating the case alongside the Chicago Police Department, told Oxygen.com the postal service doesn't believe the woman was Coles.

‘There's other postal employees that live on that block, so the postal inspection service does not believe that is Kierra Coles on that video,’ she said.

Kenney couldn't confirm or deny whether Coles had called out of work that day, because the inspection service can't comment on personnel matters, but did say Coles ‘was not on duty’ at the time of her disappearance.” (BBM)
Mysterious Disappearance Of Pregnant Postal Worker Lingers, With Few Clues For Family And Investigators

Along with others on the thread, I had wondered about the possibility of the woman in the video not being Kierra, so I find Ms. Kenney’s comments particularly interesting.

Now I’m wondering if they have a specific person in mind as to who the woman in the video is. Based on what Ms. Kenney says, USPIS must have a good idea as to which postal employees live on that block. So the question is, if it wasn’t Kierra in the surveillance footage, was someone pretending to be her? Or was it a simple case of mistaken identity?

Besides, why would Kierra call out of work if she wasn’t scheduled to work begin with?

Last edited:
I believe the post office has somewhat unusual rules in regard to calling off. I think you officially have to use the automated system. And I know some employees will call out for two days sick because it only counts at one absence, instead of calling the system each day which would give two strikes.

I'm sure some postal employee can give the accurate procedure, and perhaps someone calling in for her was her way of going "around" the official system to avoid a "strike" against her calling out?

whether Kierra called in using the USPS system, or someone else called in for her in some way, or no one ever called in on her behalf, how does it change our search for her?

I'm not sure how that changes things for us... Yes, it skews the timeline but is our suspect pool any different?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth
Back