IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A little more here, but still nothing that gives much more info.

The larger crime scene bit is maybe interesting (I'm guessing maybe killed there based on that? A victim trying to flee maybe? Or scattered remains?)

<snip>

Police said they were still trying to determine the woman’s identity but declined to release further details.

“Because of details surrounding the death, detectives believe information released at this time could potentially jeopardize the investigation. For that reason, no further information will be released at this time,” the sheriff’s office said Tuesday.

<snip>

It’s one of the bigger crime scenes we’ve had in quite some time,” Sheriff’s Deputy Chief Dan Jungles said.

This is incredibly vague date wise - as in noticed anything suspicious within the last week? Month? Etc?

Sheriff’s investigators are asking anyone who noticed suspicious behavior in that area, or has other information that might be relevant, to contact them <snip>.

Hunter finds woman's body near Joliet-area cemetery; death ruled a homicide

Murder Near Jefferson Street Update

However, the homicide victim found on Joliet's west side was not someone who had been missing for years. The body is not that of one of Will County's high-profile missing women such as Stacy Peterson of Bolingbrook, Lisa Stebic of Plainfield or Will County Sheriff's Deputy Robin Abrams, who vanished in 1990.

Kierra Coles Case Archive:

Kierra Coles -IL- by amanda reckonwith

It has under 200 files, but it's everything we know so far. It doesn't take long to scroll through the few pages.

As always, thank you Amanda. You are such a huge help in so many cases and it is really appreciated.

I hate that there is nothing new to report on Kierra's case. Someone knows something. I think it might take loose lips to solve this case.

A little more here, but still nothing that gives much more info.

The larger crime scene bit is maybe interesting (I'm guessing maybe killed there based on that? A victim trying to flee maybe? Or scattered remains?)

This is incredibly vague date wise - as in noticed anything suspicious within the last week? Month? Etc?

Hunter finds woman's body near Joliet-area cemetery; death ruled a homicide

Would be interested to know if the deceased woman was pregnant.

I don't have much faith in CPD. They are swamped, overworked, and there are a lot of murders.

There's a case I archived several years ago... Latasha Nevitt... Mom of 3, married, disappeared from the Morgan Park, Chicago nbhd in 2011. Found in 2014 just steps from her home inside a water departments drain cover. No arrests were made, even though the husband was a suspect. The activist Andrew Holmes led prayers in that case too. I'm sure that case weighs on him as he was leading a group passing out fliers for Kierra.

But I can always hold out hope that she is alive. Dim that it is, it is still hope.

Edited to add Latasha's Case Archive:
Latasha Nevitt -IL- by amanda reckonwith

I don't have much faith in CPD. They are swamped, overworked, and there are a lot of murders.

There's a case I archived several years ago... Latasha Nevitt... Mom of 3, married, disappeared from the Morgan Park, Chicago nbhd in 2011. Found in 2014 just steps from her home inside a water departments drain cover. No arrests were made, even though the husband was a suspect. The activist Andrew Holmes led prayers in that case too. I'm sure that case weighs on him as he was leading a group passing out fliers for Kierra.

But I can always hold out hope that she is alive. Dim that it is, it is still hope.

Edited to add Latasha's Case Archive:
Latasha Nevitt -IL- by amanda reckonwith
The Chicago hospital triple killing today was domestic violence related as well.

Very sad case that one.

I don’t believe they think that...they had better not, with the stats on murdered pregnant women...one of the leading causes of death for that group.

Yes. When is this entire situation going to actually garner media attention? That homocide is the number one reason for death among pregnant women. I don't even think that there are specific statistics on the numbers.

It is scary. An article about this issue, with commonalities amongst the women would be important reading for pregnant women.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth
Back