IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Question: Does anyone know how long businesses usually keep their video from their closed circuit security cameras?

Homeowners have an option of how long they keep their surveillance video but I'm not sure if there is a standard for businesses.

Thanks,
Tricia
I believe it depends on the business. Where I work, it is kept for 30 days then it’s recorded over.

The neighbors video shows a person that looks like Kierra leaving her home on Oct 4, the morning after Kierras mysterious appointment.
What about the video from that location Oct 3 , on the night after her appointment?
Does it show Kierra returning that night from her appointment?
Was there someone with her?
Did Kierra not return to her home after her appointment?
Someone had to place Kierras purse and phone inside her car.
Someone had to drive Kierras car to Kierras home on the night of Oct 3 after her appointment.
Is there no other videos besides the Oct 4 morning video?

The person that’s shown in the video on the morning of Oct 4 leaving Kierras home and walking toward Kierras car and then doing an abrupt turn and going across the street, if that person wasn’t Kierra but someone that looked like Kierra, the reason for that abrupt change in direction may be that they seen someone that knows Kierra and they did not want that someone to see them up close.
So Kierra may not have returned from her appointment on the night of Oct 3.
Someone else drove Kierras car to her home in the night Oct 4, went inside her home and then was shown in the video leaving Kierras home in the morning, then seeing someone that would recognize them so making that abrupt turn.

Last edited:
Question: Does anyone know how long businesses usually keep their video from their closed circuit security cameras?

Homeowners have an option of how long they keep their surveillance video but I'm not sure if there is a standard for businesses.

Thanks,
Tricia
31 days is the standard from what I’ve encountered, bank atms can be 6 months.

Why walk pass your car if you see someone that may want to do you harm but they are not near your car?

Yeah, wouldn’t a person get into their car and drive away?

Makes me think the person she saw was someone she didn’t feel threatened by, like her boyfriend or her mom’s boyfriend.

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times in this thread that Kierra went to a top secret appointment with her aunt and friend. Why is it thought to be a secret appointment? I’ve also seen people here mention that it must have been a big deal appointment to take two people with her. Why would that be the assumption? Some people never go anywhere alone.

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times in this thread that Kierra went to a top secret appointment with her aunt and friend. Why is it thought to be a secret appointment? I’ve also seen people here mention that it must have been a big deal appointment to take two people with her. Why would that be the assumption? Some people never go anywhere alone.
What if it was an hiv update appointment where they told her she needed to come in for the results?

Now I'm not saying that is the case. But something like that would be deemed serious and confidential and you may want to have support there. I don't know. Im just shooting out a possible speculative theory for now.

What if it was an hiv update appointment where they told her she needed to come in for the results?

Now I'm not saying that is the case. But something like that would be deemed serious and confidential and you may want to have support there. I don't know. Im just shooting out a possible speculative theory for now.

That is an interesting idea. If we go with that theory for the sake of conversation, could that have had anything to do with her disappearance? I wouldn’t think so, but who knows?

That is an interesting idea. If we go with that theory for the sake of conversation, could that have had anything to do with her disappearance? I wouldn’t think so, but who knows?
Agree. But it could explain mental changes and nervousness and calling off work and other things. Especially if the doctor scheduled the appointment the week before while hinting that its a serious appointment that she can not miss.

Plus if she was involved with 2 different guys but felt she got it from 1 of them. Then maybe they knew but tried to blame her and lured her away that morning to talk and things went south.

Anyways. That is just a possible but I will probably leave it at that so it doesn't come off the wrong way to any family members that may read here.

Because Im clueless and reaching for straws like everyone else. Jmo

Only time I had a friend go to the doctor with me was when she took me to the ER with kidney stones.

And why wouldn’t your boyfriend of 5 years and the father of your child - not go with you to a doctors appointment.

I might take one person if it’s serious, but an aunt and a friend?

If the video isn’t her, is this appointment the last time someone physically saw her?

Makes it important to understand occurrences leading up to her disappearance in my opinion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/newsone.com/3832275/kierra-coles-mother-speaks-out/amp/

Not a new video, but a few thoughts, more questions and things that are cleared up for me after watching it:

1. Kierra’s mom Karen thinks Kierra would have called in sick to work the night before she went missing.

2. Kierra has bad asthma.

3. In addition to working for the post office Kierra also drives for Lyft.

4. Karen said she doesn’t think Kierra’s boyfriend is involved in Kierra’s disappearance. The text accompanying the article says “her boyfriend “ which is where I am assuming the idea comes from about Karen’s boyfriend being involved. The video clears up that misinformation- Karen is referring to Kierra’s boyfriend, not her own boyfriend. If anyone has a link that mentions Karen’s boyfriend as a potential person of interest, please provide the link.

5. Kierra called her mom two days before her disappearance and told her that she heard her baby’s heartbeat. My guess is that is the “mysterious “ appointment mentioned in this thread.

6. The interviewer asks if Kierra has any “beef” with any females. Karen says not that she knows of. The father of Kierra’s boyfriend hasn’t been named in MSM, but if he is who social media is saying he is, then umm, hello, his wife has beef with Kierra, that is if she knows about Kierra.

7. Karen said Kierra wasn’t wearing a coat when she disappeared. Isn’t she wearing a coat in the video that was released? If so, does that mean Karen knows more than we do? Like, that wasn’t Kierra in the video or that Kierra was confirmed to have been seen after the video?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/newsone.com/3832275/kierra-coles-mother-speaks-out/amp/

Not a new video, but a few thoughts, more questions and things that are cleared up for me after watching it:

1. Kierra’s mom Karen thinks Kierra would have called in sick to work the night before she went missing.

4. Karen said she doesn’t think Kierra’s boyfriend is involved in Kierra’s disappearance. The text accompanying the article says “her boyfriend “ which is where I am assuming the idea comes from about Karen’s boyfriend being involved. The video clears up that misinformation- Karen is referring to Kierra’s boyfriend, not her own boyfriend. If anyone has a link that mentions Karen’s boyfriend as a potential person of interest, please provide the link.

5. Kierra called her mom two days before her disappearance and told her that she heard her baby’s heartbeat. My guess is that is the “mysterious “ appointment mentioned in this thread.

6. The interviewer asks if Kierra has any “beef” with any females. Karen says not that she knows of. The father of Kierra’s boyfriend hasn’t been named in MSM, but if he is who social media is saying he is, then umm, hello, his wife has beef with Kierra, that is if she knows about Kierra.

7. Karen said Kierra wasn’t wearing a coat when she disappeared. Isn’t she wearing a coat in the video that was released? If so, does that mean Karen knows more than we do? Like, that wasn’t Kierra in the video or that Kierra was confirmed to have been seen after the video?

Thank you for the summary and comments. Great post!

I agree with everything you said.

After two and a half months, I wonder if Karen still feels the same way about Kierra’s boyfriend/her baby’s father’s possible involvement in her disappearance.

I do get the impression that Kierra’s sister, Keshia, was a little more suspicious of him than Karen even back then:

“Her sister, Keshia Phillips, who was also in the studio said, ‘We’re not singling anybody out. We know he is going to be a suspect, but as far as people putting his mother, his kids — all that stuff up there — that’s just not right. We’re not asking nobody to do that, that’s not the type of help that we’re looking for.’”

As to 7., I watched the video again and still can’t tell whether the woman is wearing a coat. One thing I’ve always wondered about is what appears to be a dark-colored bag she is carrying over her right shoulder. It may also be a small backpack. In the video, she appears to either take it off her shoulder or her back, if a backpack. But I thought Kierra’s purse was found inside her car.
Video Shows Missing Postal Worker Before Her Disappearance
37B321C9-C920-41E3-8CB1-FEA5393AD4D3.jpeg

Also, as the bag comes off, you can see there is some sort of design across the back of the top the woman is wearing. Could it be a reflective trim on the back of a USPS jacket like this one?
Regulation Bomber Jacket with Zip-Out Liner - Ladies
090B4ACA-AAE6-4F78-BCE6-BCB4E701D9C6.jpeg

Or perhaps as Karen said, Kierra did not wear a coat that morning, and none of her family or friends recognizes the top/coat the woman is wearing, in which case it likely isn’t Kierra in the video.

As far as the woman suddenly turning around, if it wasn’t Kierra, maybe she wasn’t familiar with the area and just realized she’d gone the wrong way.

ETA: I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the woman in the video really isn’t Kierra, and Karen already knew that at the time of the interview. IIRC, it was not LE who released the video, and they have never spoken about its veracity. In the meantime:

“Julie Kenney, a public information representative at the United States Postal Inspection Service, which is investigating the case alongside the Chicago Police Department, told Oxygen.com the postal service doesn't believe the woman was Coles.

‘There's other postal employees that live on that block, so the postal inspection service does not believe that is Kierra Coles on that video,’ she said.”
Mysterious Disappearance Of Pregnant Postal Worker Lingers, With Few Clues For Family And Investigators

After two and a half months, I wonder if Karen still feels the same way about Kierra’s boyfriend/her baby’s father’s possible involvement in her disappearance.

I do get the impression that Kierra’s sister, Keshia, was a little more suspicious of him than Karen even back then:

“Her sister, Keshia Phillips, who was also in the studio said, ‘We’re not singling anybody out. We know he is going to be a suspect, but as far as people putting his mother, his kids — all that stuff up there — that’s just not right. We’re not asking nobody to do that, that’s not the type of help that we’re looking for.’”

As to 7., I watched the video again and still can’t tell whether the woman is wearing a coat. One thing I’ve always wondered about is what appears to be a dark-colored bag she is carrying over her right shoulder. It may also be a small backpack. In the video, she appears to either take it off her shoulder or her back, if a backpack. But I thought Kierra’s purse was found inside her car.
View attachment 160217

Also, as the bag comes off, you can see there is some sort of design across the back of the top the woman is wearing. Could it be a reflective trim on the back of a USPS jacket like this one?
View attachment 160218

Or perhaps as Karen said, Kierra did not wear a coat that morning, and none of her family or friends recognizes the top/coat the woman is wearing, in which case it likely isn’t Kierra in the video.

As far as the woman suddenly turning around, if it wasn’t Kierra, maybe she wasn’t familiar with the area and just realized she’d gone the wrong way.

ETA: I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the woman in the video really isn’t Kierra, and Karen already knew that at the time of the interview. IIRC, it was not LE who released the video, and they have never spoken about its veracity. In the meantime:

“Julie Kenney, a public information representative at the United States Postal Inspection Service, which is investigating the case alongside the Chicago Police Department, told Oxygen.com the postal service doesn't believe the woman was Coles.

‘There's other postal employees that live on that block, so the postal inspection service does not believe that is Kierra Coles on that video,’ she said.”
Mysterious Disappearance Of Pregnant Postal Worker Lingers, With Few Clues For Family And Investigators
Wth. Mom says it her and usps says otherwise? Very weird.

But if she is seen on video passing her car. Then wouldn't they have earlier footage of Kierra putting things in her car before going back into the house before heading back out?

If the boyfriend and his family have moved, does that mean he had already decided to go and broke up with her before she disappeared? Might that have caused her to want to leave?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if her apartment is now vacant or if they are keeping it just in case she comes back?

If the boyfriend and his family have moved, does that mean he had already decided to go and broke up with her before she disappeared? Might that have caused her to want to leave?

I wondered about that too. Maybe the move was pre-planned and he wanted to work things out with his wife and get a fresh start. If only we had a way of knowing if he gave his employer notice, broke his lease, sold his house, etc. If he really just up and split that is suspicious as all get out.

“Her mother's boyfriend, Dan Perkins, told the news outlet that Coles must have seen something that caused her to cross the street. There have been rumors that Perkins was involved in her disappearance, but Phillips said she doesn't believe he had anything to do with it.”

That’s from the above article posted by MimosaMornings. Why do they think Perkins, the mother’s boyfriend was involved in Kiera’s disappearance? Now I’m confused.....

View attachment 160217

View attachment 160218

I will probably have to come back and edit my post to address all of the quotes due to time.
Just wanted to put out there with all the talk of the appointment (happy to have some comments to scroll through) that in an interview I watched yesterday from MSM when Kierra went missing a friend said it was a WIC Appt. That is plausible. I would have to dig the vid up to link it, if I even know how.
Anywho, WIC has evening appointments for moms in Kierra's situation. Working, so busy during the day, but still qualifies due to income and are available to be seen in the PM.

It is real, SOME people do not go places alone. Interviews, appointments, etc.. especially younger people. Speaking from experience.

IMO I do not feel that is Keirra in the vid. Her legs look long. And the walk of that woman would be noticeable by ppl familiar w her, if KC does not walk like that, it is a clear giveaway. And I like the Postal Inspectors eye. They have them all over the facility. I'm sure they compared the footage.

BBM
Can we say what we read on SM regarding the bolded?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67
Back