IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kierra Coles Has Been Missing For 9 Months. Her Father Says Police Aren't Doing Enough.

The father of Kierra Coles, a 26-year-old postal worker who was three months pregnant when she went missing in Chicago in October 2018, is urging police to do more to help solve his daughter's case.
"I just want my baby to come home, along with my grandbaby that I never got to meet," Joseph Coles said at a news conference on Monday. Kierra Coles was due to give birth in April.
“Do I believe there is more the police should be doing? Yes. But they are telling me they are working on the case,” said the heartbroken father. “We’re getting to the point where they’re at a brick wall, they don’t have any more information. Right now, they have no more leads.”

[...]

Joseph Coles said he believes his daughter is still alive and suggested she may be held captive in a vacant home. "Somebody knows something," he said. "If you've got any information, please come forward. I'm the father and I will not be going anywhere no time soon." He also speculated that the father of Kierra Coles' baby and his girlfriend may be involved in her disappearance; her mom and sister had rejected that theory.
The father has taken a very active role in the search for his daughter. “I have personally myself been in abandoned buildings, climbed, took boards off of doors, opened up garages,” he said. “Anywhere I thought they could hide a person, I have done it and I will continue to do it.”
A $49,500 reward — donated in part by the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and Kierra Coles’ union, the National Association of Letter Carriers — is being offered to anyone with information leading to an arrest in the case.

Read more: Kierra Coles Has Been Missing For 9 Months. Her Father Says Police Aren't Doing Enough.

Kierra’s dad was on HLN (by phone) today and he said the boyfriend was a POI, but I don’t know if that is in his opinion or coming from LE. Either way, glad for her case to keep showing up in national media. Her dad is doing a great job keeping her in the spotlight.

Kierra’s dad was on HLN (by phone) today and he said the boyfriend was a POI, but I don’t know if that is in his opinion or coming from LE. Either way, glad for her case to keep showing up in national media. Her dad is doing a great job keeping her in the spotlight.
The boyfriend was never named as a POI by LE. However, he had both Kierra and his wife pregnant at the same time while he and the wife were raising a THIRD child that he fathered with another woman so he's been considered a suspect by the public but has NOT been named as POI by LE. So we are not sleuthing him.

It has been SO LONG and every time I click on her thread I just PRAY to the universe that she and her beautiful baby have been found or maybe someones arrested but I’m just so sad by the lack of movement.. where the actual heck is LE on this one?? So disheartened, still trying to hold out hope for her loved ones.
:(

It has been SO LONG and every time I click on her thread I just PRAY to the universe that she and her beautiful baby have been found or maybe someones arrested but I’m just so sad by the lack of movement.. where the actual heck is LE on this one?? So disheartened, still trying to hold out hope for her loved ones.
:(
I know! It is time to find out who LE has investigated and time for witnesses to come forward. Somebody knows something that needs to be told. I live far away but I am watching and waiting because Kierra deserves justice. We cannot let her be forgotten.

Can’t a Medical Examiner tell pretty quickly just based upon dimensions of certain bones? I could understand if it were just a couple bones that had been found..
They don’t say what bones were found. Obviously, if a skull is found that makes it easy. If just the jawbone is found intact you should see spots for 32 teeth if it’s human

Most mammalian bones share similar morphological features between species and there are a select few animal bones that closely resemble human bones. For example, the bones of a bear’s paw are similar to the bones of the human hand. Careful examination of each bone shows that the bear paw bones are more robust than the human hand bones. Fragments of a pig tibia (the large bone in the shin) can look like a human tibia. Professionals can distinguish a pig leg bone from that of a human by measuring it, checking its density, and comparing it to a known sample. The mineral content in pig bones is much higher than in humans bones, which a trained professional can test and identify. Though I’d be surprised to find a dead pig or a dead bear in a Chicago park.

If it was the bones from a larger mammal such as a cow, sheep, deer, horse - they have much thicker, denser bone than humans. (tap a horse bone and it almost sounds ceramic compared to a human bone.)

The forensic anthropologist or medical examiner can also look at slivers of bone under the microscope. Big animal bone is built differently in the body, so has a different structure. Animals like sheep, cows, etc have to get up as soon as they are born to avoid predators. This means their bone has to be laid down very fast and has to be very tough. Under the microscope, it has a sort of brick-like structure, where the cells are laid overlapping on top of each other like bricks in a brick wall. This makes it very strong.

Humans, on the other hand, don’t walk immediately so our bone cells are laid down more slowly around the blood vessels, and even into adulthood have a sort of concentric ring look to them (like rings in a tree). That’s easy to tell under a microscope.

In any case, the determination may involve more than just looking at the remains, even for one trained in the area.

Can’t a Medical Examiner tell pretty quickly just based upon dimensions of certain bones? I could understand if it were just a couple bones that had been found..

They can determine if it's male or female, and they can get an idea of height too and body build. Often the clothing, accessories, etc that are found with the body can really help ID the body/bones - but they'll still run fingerprints if they can, and of course DNA, dental, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1
Back