GUILTY IL - Kierra Garner, 6, dies of drug OD, Dolton, 5 Jan 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LOL, a 6 yr old is still a baby to me.

The only reason I can think of that nothing is coming out, and no arrests is that either Mom is not talking or what she says is not leading to any easy conclusions. The tox report will sometimes take several weeks to come back, so they may be waiting on that. If Mom is talking she is going to have to explain the puncture marks and that should lead to some conclusions on LE's part. That is what makes me think that she isn't talking.

Just chiming in with another possible theory. I worked in a nursing home and i can say that anyone who has been around a diabetic who has had low sugar has witnessed how crazy it can make a person behave.

A lot do not even realize how combative they are, where they are, what they are doing etc. I wonder if the mother had low sugar and did something that is just unthinkable to her daughter like give her daughter her insulin and then she herself may have just gone into a low sugar induced coma.

I guess I always hope in these cases that there is a rational explanation rather then that yet another parent is the cause of their child's death.

Hopefully they solve this crime soon. So sad.

All very true. But an experienced diabetic, of this age would know not to take more insulin if they were having low blood sugar attack. There is the possibility that she was going into a diabetic coma from high sugar. But, if she was still alert enough to load a syringe, then she should have been alert enough to dial 911, if she had a problem. Also, I would think that if there was anything like a possible diabetic connection- LE would have let that slip. If for no other reason than to reassure people.

One thing I do wonder about, hubby was in surgery when officials arrived to notify him of his daus. death and his wife's coma. But I have never seen when he left for Calif. Did he take the red eye out in the wee hours, had he been there for several days, or what? Note: LE is saying that he is not a suspect.

Just surfing:
http://www.uic.edu/com/mcme/body/frames/find98.htm

Scroll to "A Great Day for Dying" and "Transference" written by Grady Garner, Class of 1997. You will have to use the buttons at the top of the site "Prev" and "Next" to find both poems.

This is apparently the site of "A Literary Arts Magazine from the
University of Illinois College of Medicine—Chicago"

I DON'T know if this is the same person!

A Dolton mother has been released from hospital and now police plan to question her about her daughter's death.

The Daily Southtown reports police will question Garner about her daughter's death as there were no signs of a violent struggle or carbon monoxide emissions in the house. So far, no charges have been filed.
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_017145625.html

Sure hope she is under suicide watch or guarded police or something.

Or not returning to her home where her daughter died. Wonder how hubby feels towards her now?:eek:

I am stumped on this...esp. since she was released from hospital, and being questioned later.

**by the way, i have taken iron and B12 shots prescriped by doctor and self injected in buttocks for severe anemia. shown by clinic how to do it and did so for almost one year. do not know if this is allowed in states.

About the insulin comments, I have some medical background. Insulin is best injected into the fatty layer between the skin and muscle. I have seen a very experienced diabetic give herself an injection in the back of her upper arm by herself. I imagine the buttocks would not present any difficulty. Still it seems very unusual.

I found the comment about the mother possibly being diabetic and accidentally injecting her daughter with insulin during a low interesting. I have spoken with diabetics who do not realize they have even experienced a low and do not remember the events that transpired. I do think that if that were the case though, they might have mentioned the mother being diabetic in the news stories.

Also, regarding the statement that prescription drugs were found in the house. I wonder about the quantities found, or whether anyone in the house had a valid prescription for the medications.

mysteriew said:
Ok, herion you put in the veins. Same with meth and most other street drugs.
The only drugs I can think of where you would inject in muscle, would be steriods. Anyone else think of anything that would be injected into muscle?
I take shots of methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have becoome quite good at giving myslef shots in the butt without any help. I also have a freind who takes shots for MS, and she too gives herself shots in the butt. We do this because as time passes, all these shots leave little hard spots under the skin that are somewhat visible, and you cannot take another shot in that location again. We both rotate our shots, one arm, then the other, one thigh, then the other, one side of buttock, then the other. Vitamin B12 shots are also taken this way.

She's probably not saying much since she hired an attorney.

SewingDeb said:
She's probably not saying much since she hired an attorney.
If she hired an attorney that says a lot. Sad. I think she wanted a murder suicide and lived.
I don't know how to say what I am thinking. The best I can say is children are innocent and only require love. Why bring your own problems into it?

I keep thinking about this little one and did some checking. Still no new news on this. I did find an article with a little more info on what was found at the home.
When found, Kierra Garner had been dead approximately two days. Mother had a weak pulse when she was found. (As we know she eventually regained conciousness and was released from the hospital).
Patrice's mother found them, she went to the home after she hadn't heard from Patrice for "more than a day". She had a key to enter the home.
Dr. Grady Garner had been in California for the last 5 days.
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_005180816.html
The last news I see on the case, they were waiting on toxicology reports.

I have not forgot about this one, Mysteriew. I have a google alert for it, but there is never any news. I had not seen the article you posted before.

So, the article states that the little girl had been dead for at least 2 days, and the grandmother became concerned when she had not spoken with her daughter for 1 day. So, does that imply that the last time the Grandmother had spoken to her daughter, the little girl was apparently already dead? That is what I take on the article. If the father had been gone for 5 days, I would think that would rule him out. Unless, he "left" something, such as something deadly in whatever she injected with.

lostfaith said:
I have not forgot about this one, Mysteriew. I have a google alert for it, but there is never any news. I had not seen the article you posted before.

So, the article states that the little girl had been dead for at least 2 days, and the grandmother became concerned when she had not spoken with her daughter for 1 day. So, does that imply that the last time the Grandmother had spoken to her daughter, the little girl was apparently already dead? That is what I take on the article. If the father had been gone for 5 days, I would think that would rule him out. Unless, he "left" something, such as something deadly in whatever she injected with.

The article says that Patrice's mother had not spoken to her for "more than a day". I take that as a way to protect certain details for the investigation. The big question is, was Kierra already dead or dying when Patrice's mother last talked with her?
I know that toxicology reports take weeks to complete, but surely they will get something soon! I was suspicious of Dad, but with the detail that he had been in Ca for 5 days, then I guess that does more or less rule him out.

Thank you for the update. I have also been following this story. I hope the tox report is released soon.

Seems like those tests are taking forever. I've been wondering what the cause of death was. It has to be the mother. Another parent who had to murder the child....why couldn't she just take her own life if she thought she had to. Probably didn't want her husband to get the little girl. I love that little girl's name....it is so pretty and probably fit her too.

If the mother did this then I'm glad that she didn't die. She should have to pay the price for what she did. Just like that mother who poisoned her two boys and little girl and then strangled them and took a little poison herself....but not enough to do herself any harm....all because the husband wanted a divorce.

are there pictures of the family anywhere? thanks

Are there any updates to this story? It's almost as though it's been swept under the rug. I live close to where this happened, and haven't heard a peep from the local media in a long time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back