GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Daddy was on the "down low" so to speak. All the talk about having another woman..maybe it wasn't another woman, but a man?

I believe it is quite telling he didn't call his parents and they found out about their grandchildren's deaths via a reporter (Horrible!!). He would have called his mother as soon as possible, I would think. Most people experiencing such a loss or trauma don't hesitate to want their mother for comfort...unless they can't face their mother for some reason.

I can't believe LE doesn't have some knowledge of where this guy is now. Are they inept?! You don't allow a person that walked away from 4 murders almost unharmed to just 'take off' without tailing them in some way. I don't see the police thinking this guy is innocent...but they don't have enough right now to charge him. They need the forensics to back them up and should have that info soon. They better have kept tabs on him or their fallout is going to be rough!

This case is so disturbing. It is difficult for me to follow. Parents who kill their children are so out of my realm of understanding. It would never enter my mind to harm my children for ANY reason. How could they?! Didn't they see the unconditional love and adoration in the eyes of their child before slaughtering them? Are there people who are so evil, cold, and disconnected with reality they are just not human anymore?! I guess there are. Sorry..had to vent on this one. Makes me ill as a parent and a grandparent.
I totally understand what you are saying. Not just how could parents kill a child, but any adult. Sadly, yes there are evil, cold people in this world. I can't for the life of me figure out how this happens!?! There is a killer in all of us...to protect my children, I could and would kill. I can't even harm an animal, let alone another human being for any other reason. The husbands whole story is BS...JMO.

Great observations in these last two pages. My husband was firearms expert and dealer in our sporting goods store. Loaded shells for hunting with our three sons etc. IF IF the wife did this which, imop, SHE DID NOT DO IT, she would have shot herself last. IF IF THAT be so, the recoil from that one shot would have pitched the gun in some measurable calculatible direction. That said, I am wondering where the gun was found, or better said, where in the car was the gun when LE came?

This 'father' is most likely quite an actor. IF he was hiding money problems he has has substantial experience in avoiding telling the truth, same with IF IF he has a boyfriend er whatever.

Strange, strange, the MOTIVE will tell us the rest of this story.

Indeed a mom who worked hard to attain a degree is not going to toss it, and kill her children AND herself either.

Bobbisangel,

I have not read anywhere but here that there were two cell phones in the vehicle. Do you remember where you read that by and chance?

Someone on Court tv was talking about the Phil Specter murder trial and said that the residue could be washed off.

That's what we heard during the Scott Peterson case...it is easily washed off with soap and water. Clothing would be a different matter but could he have washed off and changed clothes (and hidden them) during the time before the passerby came to the rescue?

I was just watching an episode of Forensic Files and they talked about the gun residue in the placement of clothing. They can determine by that as well. If she had long sleeves on, the gun residue would be in different places depending on if she shot herself or he shot her.

That's a great article. I would have loved it if these experts or others would speak out about cases where fathers kill their families - to see what fits and doesn't fit in this scenario vs. the most common cases when fathers do this.

Before they can discuss this case in regards to why husbands kill their families, they have to find out their financial situation and a few more things. I still feel there's a fianacial motive here. Just a 'gut feeling.'

I liked that article too. I think these two 'experts' are right on!

JMHO
fran

That's what we heard during the Scott Peterson case...it is easily washed off with soap and water. Clothing would be a different matter but could he have washed off and changed clothes (and hidden them) during the time before the passerby came to the rescue?

That's why I'm saying they need to take dogs out in that area and look for his clothing. IMO, he may have changed clothes and buried them.

JMHO
fran

Before they can discuss this case in regards to why husbands kill their families, they have to find out their financial situation and a few more things. I still feel there's a fianacial motive here. Just a 'gut feeling.'

I liked that article too. I think these two 'experts' are right on!

JMHO
fran

I agree that there is probably a financial or sexual motive....maybe both. Since he owned his own company, there may have been a situation where his business is not doing well at all and his wife didn't know about and he's spiraling down secretly into the abyss.

It's still just so insane - regardless of which parent it was - it's hard to wrap my mind around it.

If it's him - how are you a seemingly loving father and husband for many years and then turn so calculating? If it's him - it was cold-blooded and not a crime of passion. Just nuts. I am fascinated to find out what was going on beneath the surface.

Also, I agree with other posts that the forensic investigation will be slow and methodical - as it should be. As much as I want that information NOW - I want it to be very exact and I know that takes time.

Welll here is a link IF IF you like to read a comprehensive study of this case so far by an intensive blogger. Then following it there are 308 responses with opinions.

http://crimeblog.us/archives/473

---------

I am wondering one of the links I read this morning said that LE had counselors AT THE SCENE it was so horrendous, many of course have children around the same ages. LE has to see a lot of horrible nightmare things in their work.

MY question, would you not think that a husband would be sooooo distraught that LE would not be doing their duty IF IF they did not find a counselor to sit and be with THE HUSBAND? Just turn a man loose that has lost his entire family??

I do believe there is strong method behind LE NOT getting, (as far as we or I know anyway) the man some emotional help OR OR even calling the mans MOM AND DAD OR A GOOD FRIEND, MINISTER OR SOMEONE for HIM? Hmmm.

That's why I'm saying they need to take dogs out in that area and look for his clothing. IMO, he may have changed clothes and buried them.

JMHO
fran

Yes...he had enough time to do a lot of things.

I was just watching an episode of Forensic Files and they talked about the gun residue in the placement of clothing. They can determine by that as well. If she had long sleeves on, the gun residue would be in different places depending on if she shot herself or he shot her.

Good. If he did it, maybe he didn't think about that. Maybe he only thought of his own hands and clothing.

I live just downhill of where this happened! If you are not familiar with this area and you wanted to adjust a luggage rack, you probably would have gotten off at the exit before the one they did. The exit before is well lighted, it has a Mc Donalds & gas station on each side of exit & is well lit at all hours. On the other hand, the exit he got off at is a small, dark exit with no towns listed for this exit, it's just an exit # and hardly a place to get off with family at that hour. That is very puzzling about this whole thing.

At first I thought just MAYBE his excuse seemed plausible - until I could see where they pulled off in relation to the exit... from the google map link on the CrimeBlog site. To me it's strange that he would have gone on further on the frontage road.

The one thing that did stand out to me though was in a SunTimes article linked on CrimeBlog it says a neighbor saw the SUV in the drive in Oswego at 3am ... so the varying 10pm shots .. and in some places 2:30 shots don't sound so plausible.

It sure will be interesting to hear time of death ... and see how it turns out..

If he did indeed do this, how the heck did he get his family into the car at that time of night/morning?

IMO, He lied to them. He made up some story, most likely the water park one, and they went along with it. The kids had to go along with mom and dad. The mom most likely had no idea anything was amiss. Just like SP had Laci fooled.

IMO, He lied to them. He made up some story, most likely the water park one, and they went along with it. The kids had to go along with mom and dad. The mom most likely had no idea anything was amiss. Just like SP had Laci fooled.

I could understand that if not for the time - we're driving to a waterpark at 4 a.m.? How does that make sense to the Mom or the kids?

I could understand that if not for the time - we're driving to a waterpark at 4 a.m.? How does that make sense to the Mom or the kids?

It doesn't make a bit of sense to me. Not at all. Granted, all people are different. But I don't think his story is true. I hope the waterpark story makes as much sense to LE as it does to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum