GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live about 10 minutes from Knight's Action Park.

This would definately not be a place where a family with many other water park options would choose to come and visit. Knight's is more for the family that is here touring the Lincoln sites or has other business in Spfld. and wanted to hang out the park for some added fun in their trip. It is mostly families and teens from the immediate area or surrounding communities.

It is a decent little park, but by no means is it a huge water park at all. My kids go there for something to do in the summer. There's the water park, paddle boats, ferris wheel, go carts, driving range, miniature golf, picnicing areas, drive in movie theater and roller skating rink in the area.

What doesn't make sense to me is that the husband and wife has a romantic weekend planned with his/her parents coming to watch the children. So they run out to go the water park and then hurry to meet the grandparents to watch the children while they go to a bed and breakfast. Where was this B&B compared to the waterpark?

IF new readers of this thread that have not followed from the beginning, IF you will read the first 3 pages of this thread it will present ALL that WE know to page 7 here.

I believe this thread has been not seen because of the Iowa murders that include 3 victims in the thread title.

Waiting here on page 7, for more news from official sources.

Just one observation from me for the person who said he could not get reception on the cell phones - wasn't he sitting underneath a cell phone tower?

Police question father again:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...1,2108934.story?coll=chi-newslocalchicago-hed

Kimberly Vaughn (Handout photo)
June 14, 2007

Abigayle Vaughn, 12 (Handout photo)
June 14, 2007

Cassandra Vaughn, 11 (Handout photo)
June 14, 2007

Blake Vaughn, 8 (Handout photo)
June 14, 2007

snip

...Much of the investigation now revolves around forensics, including DNA analysis to help determine blood spatter patterns, and analysis of gunpowder residue and bullet trajectories, Dobrich said.

"We're very involved in it," he said, adding that at least 20 detectives are on the case. "It's a fluid situation. We are waiting for some forensic stuff to come back, and the sooner that happens the better."

Dobrich also said some of it is complicated and could take days to complete. "It's a long and tedious process, very meticulous," he said.

Detectives are talking to neighbors of the Vaughns in Oswego and former neighbors at an Aurora apartment complex where they lived for a short time, after moving to the area from Washington state and before buying their home in Oswego, Dobrich said.

In addition, detectives are talking to personnel at schools attended by the three children, and they have searched the family's home, after obtaining a search warrant to do so, as is routine in such cases, Dobrich said.

:mad: I think so, too, Nan. :(

I'm thinking the kids were shot multiple times because they were trying to get away. :(

Happy Father's Day, Mr Vaughn!:mad:

I'm thinking the kids were shot multiple times because they were trying to get away. :(

I figured that they were in the back seat of the vehicle and could not run. I figure that he just wanted to make sure that they did not live to point the finger at him. He is pathetic. Sorry, I know that I am just speculating about this guy. However, I do not believe that this woman shot him one in the thigh. Yet, he could have grab the gun to overpower her.

Who knows what this guy had planned and for how long? He could have initially planned to murder her on their romantic getaway. Then, he figured that he could not raise three kids alone. So, he decided to kill them all.

:mad: I think so, too, Nan. :(

Happy Father's Day, Mr Vaughn!:mad:
Isn't it amazing? She seemed like such a wonderful wife and mother. I hope that justice will be served in this case. There is a special case in hell for the men who murder not only their wives but their own children, too.

David Camm, the ex-State Trooper from Indiana, murdered his wife and two kids. He was tried at least two times (first trial overturned). He is appealing his second conviction. I hope that it isn't overturned yet again.

This guy was a womanizer. His wife was the breadwinner in the family. There was suspicion that he had sexual improprieties with his young daughter, too. I hope that he dies in prison. That's the best that he deserves.

Nan,
I added some snipped info to my link above. It sounds like this is a pretty complex investigation. The thing that concerns me is that given Mr Vaughn's line of work, I think he would be able to cover his tracks pretty well...especially where computers, etc are concerned.

To me, the big question to ask him is: what were you doing between the time your family was murdered and the time you were found?

Isn't it amazing? She seemed like such a wonderful wife and mother. I hope that justice will be served in this case. There is a special case in hell for the men who murder not only their wives but their own children, too.

David Camm, the ex-State Trooper from Indiana, murdered his wife and two kids. He was tried at least two times (first trial overturned). He is appealing his second conviction. I hope that it isn't overturned yet again.

This guy was a womanizer. His wife was the breadwinner in the family. There was suspicion that he had sexual improprieties with his young daughter, too. I hope that he dies in prison. That's the best that he deserves.

This case makes me very sad. They all do, but this one is really bothering me. I need to read about David Camm. Hopefully, his fellow inmates will take care of him!

...To me, the big question to ask him is: what were you doing between the time your family was murdered and the time you were found?
Yes, hopefully, the ME can narrow down their time of death from stomach contents.

I think that this crime was probably well planned. I just don't believe that she shot at his thigh. I guess that he can say that they wrestled with the gun and that's where the shot landed. :rolleyes:

I can't help but think that if she suddenly went off the deep end while he was fastening the luggage rack that she would have shot him in the chest or head.

Of course, I just do not buy the story. I feel certain that LE doesn't either.

Hi everyone, this case has really bothered me too. I think it is because not only do I believe this guy killed his wife and children but to blame the kids murder on their mom is such a low blow :furious: . I am really worried that with his line of work he might have covered his tracks well.

I don't see how he could cover his tracks...
If she shot that gun as many times as reported then their will be a lot of gun residue on her hands.

There is no way he could mimic that without holding her hand as he fired everyshot and I think that would leave some residue on him.

I know what you mean about the gun residue Amraan and that is a very good point. Does anyone know if gun residue can be washed off easily or not?

I know what you mean about the gun residue Amraan and that is a very good point. Does anyone know if gun residue can be washed off easily or not?

I don't know why I think this.... but... I think it is not.
Maybe something I read somewhere.. But I don't think it does..

If she shot that gun as many times as reported then their will be a lot of gun residue on her hands.

There is no way he could mimic that without holding her hand as he fired everyshot and I think that would leave some residue on him.

I agree with this. My understanding is that gun residue is NOT easily removed. The wife would have it all over her if she fired those shots.

I have also been giving more thought to the idea of a suicide pact that went wrong. There are just too many unanswered questions to really make a call yet. I still lean towards the husband's story as being the truth, but there is so much we just don't know yet.

This has "future Law and Order episode" written all over it.

I thought gun residue is undetectable within about 4 hours? I could be wrong but there was a case in New Zealand - the Bain family murders and one of the problems with saying whether the son or father did it was that they didn't test the son's hands (the only surviving member) or the fathers hands for gun residue straight away and then it was too late. Maybe that explains the delay and why he didn't call the police as soon as he could?

I don't know if the water park in Springfield is crappy or not, but it's really doubtful you would go all the way down there on a day trip with no accomodations reserved, and no arrangements made to take care of the dogs (as far as we know).

You bring up something very interesting. Perhaps, the children were first shot by him and then he used his dead wife's hand to shoot them again in order for her hand to have gun residue on it.

I believe that he could have washed his hands thereby eliminating gun residue on his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum