GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is driving me crazy because I keep going over different scenarios in my head of how someone could shoot their children and themselves and their spouse. I think about it when I don't want to think about it. The only way it makes sense to me is if the husband did it, but why would he do it? Surely, he must have known that LE would figure out that it was him that shot his family. Weird.

O come on now, how stupid can he be??? The first clue that we have that he did it is that he pulled over in a dark unlit area to deal with the BLACK luggage carrier on top of the vehicle. How in the world would he be able to see anything? It was dark and the carrier is black. If my husband tried anything like that, I would have nagged him to stop at a convenience store or a wal mart type store where there was plenty of lighting.

My ex was caught cheating with my best friend, and if I would have shot him it would have been in the balls. Not the leg. Hubby told her he was having an affair, I honestly think that she would have been pissed, but would have slapped the out of him, ignored him, and gone to moms to cool off, not shot him in the leg.

Survivor of SUV deaths reportedly couldn't recall what happened

In the hours immediately after his wife and children were found dead in their family sport-utility vehicle off Interstate Highway 55 in rural Will County, a wounded Chris Vaughn told police he could not remember what happened to him and his family, according to sources close to the investigation.

Vaughn, 32, of Oswego said he knew only that he had been wounded and had gone for help, the sources said. He asked if his wife, Kimberly, had been told what happened to him, the sources said.

The sources, all interviewed in recent days, painted the most detailed picture to date of Vaughn's initial account of what happened that day. Their account also provides greater detail as to Vaughn's wounds, and it differs from other media reports that Vaughn told police his wife shot him. After his initial statement, Vaughn later submitted to three interviews. The sources could not say what he said during these interviews.

much more at link

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-suvdeaths_22jun22,1,283017.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Survivor of SUV deaths reportedly couldn't recall what happened

In the hours immediately after his wife and children were found dead in their family sport-utility vehicle off Interstate Highway 55 in rural Will County, a wounded Chris Vaughn told police he could not remember what happened to him and his family, according to sources close to the investigation.

Vaughn, 32, of Oswego said he knew only that he had been wounded and had gone for help, the sources said. He asked if his wife, Kimberly, had been told what happened to him, the sources said.

The sources, all interviewed in recent days, painted the most detailed picture to date of Vaughn's initial account of what happened that day. Their account also provides greater detail as to Vaughn's wounds, and it differs from other media reports that Vaughn told police his wife shot him. After his initial statement, Vaughn later submitted to three interviews. The sources could not say what he said during these interviews.

much more at link

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-suvdeaths_22jun22,1,283017.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Finally.....now I have an explanation for the bruises I get on my legs and can't explain...thigh injuries cause amnesia. Thank goodness the bullet didn't hit a bone or he may not have been able to walk away from his drivable car and get help. What a moron.

Chicago Tribune

Father's reaction detailed

What I find strange is the leaving before 5 am to drive to a water park that I think is over 100 miles away. If this is the correct water park in Springfield, possibly it is not:

Knight's Action Park, Springfield

Map

I guess they could have planned to stop for breakfast. It says in their brochure that they open at 9 am. So....over four hours allowed to get there, only to turn around a few hours later and go home for a soccer game? They would have had to plan what time they were going to leave the water park to make it home in time for the game. What kid would get up at 4 am, ride for four hours in the car, swim / play for a couple hours and then go home? My kids would have said forget it, and picked something closer to home I'm guessing.

Shyspinner, I agree with you. Both of my children would have said forget it. My kids would have wanted to be there when the park first opened and then stayed until it closed. Soccer would have been on the back burner that day. And what responsible parent would wake their children before dawn to drive 300 miles roundtrip to a water park, and then expect to be home in the afternoon for soccer???

.....if I would have shot him it would have been in the balls. Not the leg. .....

Maybe she tried and missed! After all - the wound was at the top of his thigh.

I think it looks bad if his story changed in the hospital from "I don't know" to "My wife did it." The only way that change would make sense to me is if he was in shock from trauma and blood loss....which is what he seems to be saying.

Also, sometimes, I think when we get information slowly from LE and the press, it is let out so sparingly that when more details come out it's not necessarily a change in the original story of what had been told, but just an addition to it - if that makes sense.

I'm still waiting on forensics!

Remember those old one box cartoons, where the guy is dressed in a long flowing robe and has long unkempt hair. The tag line was always, "The End Is Near"

Vaughns end is near.

He must have decided NOT to use the SP excuse for an affair, "Laci was ok with it". Then some Ramnesia thrown in for good measure.

THE business trips to Utah, Washington and Mexico, geeze, Navigant is cooperating with LE the link says 'checking' out those business trips. GOOD grief Vaughn frequently left on Tuesday and came back on SUNDAY - for his business trips? That puts him home with wife and family ONE DAY A WEEK, OFTEN ->HUH?!?!?!

COULD it be as simple as HE DID NOT want to pay alimony??
WHEN will the ??girlfriend?? come forward?
WILL the ??girlfriend shoot him herself??

IT is obvious to me so far, that the man is certifiably "INSANE".

When will Gerragos step in, or Lin Wood???

The link refers to the funeral as being over, but hey today is visitation and tomorrow the funeral????

HIS WHOLE TALE is soooooooo OFF, cannot believe IT. :banghead:

Shyspinner, I agree with you. Both of my children would have said forget it. My kids would have wanted to be there when the park first opened and then stayed until it closed. Soccer would have been on the back burner that day. And what responsible parent would wake their children before dawn to drive 300 miles roundtrip to a water park, and then expect to be home in the afternoon for soccer???

--->>>As a parent of 8 children, I could not agree more. SOrry forgot who mentioned the Black secluded location to check out the Black luggage, LOL. The man needs his mental fuse box checked.

I AM now wondering IF IF he has a girlfriend with another baby of his in one of the business trip locations??

Well now the spontaneous waterpark trip makes even less sense and I didn't think that was possible.

Keep talking Chris, please.

I'm still waiting on forensics!

I agree - it's hard to speculate what happened based on the little that has dribbled out .. and from un-named sources at that.

You're right - forensics are the only way this case is going to be solved.

I think our fears that his line of work would somehow help him commit the perfect crime can be laid to rest at this point. If this was the best story he could come up with...:snooty:

I haven't been posting much on this thread, but I have been reading..
IMO, he did it... It makes absolutely no sense that HE pulls off to a secluded road so HE could deal with the luggage rack and then when he comes back, all of a sudden she takes this moment and SHE shoots him??? NOT!! She would have had no idea that he would going to pull over... That is just way too coincidental!! It just so happend to be the right timing for her??? I highly doubt it!!
This guy planned it (IMO).. Pulled off to deal with the "luggage rack", when in actuallity he got his gun ready and came back and shot his unsuspecting family.
I pray for justice for this family!!

I think our fears that his line of work would somehow help him commit the perfect crime can be laid to rest at this point. If this was the best story he could come up with...:snooty:

I agree with this 100% - if indeed he committed this crime, it's turning out to look like he's no master criminal.

O come on now, how stupid can he be??? The first clue that we have that he did it is that he pulled over in a dark unlit area to deal with the BLACK luggage carrier on top of the vehicle. How in the world would he be able to see anything? It was dark and the carrier is black. If my husband tried anything like that, I would have nagged him to stop at a convenience store or a wal mart type store where there was plenty of lighting.

AND how stupid does he think the cops and the public to be......He's in SECURITY for a living for goodness sake!!!!!!! He advises other people on security issues for their businesses, etc. NOBODY in security is going to put their family off an interstate or highway into a dark tree-lined area to fix a freaking luggage carrier in the middle of the night.
:furious:

AND how stupid does he think the cops and the public to be......He's in SECURITY for a living for goodness sake!!!!!!! He advises other people on security issues for their businesses, etc. NOBODY in security is going to put their family off an interstate or highway into a dark tree-lined area to fix a freaking luggage carrier in the middle of the night.

One thing that I think people are mixing up is the difference between forensics and computer forensics. He would have no special knowledge of how to commit "the perfect crime" unless it was something white collar. His expertise was limited to securing business networks. I think that a lot of people are mixing that up. Really he is a hacker who works for the companies he contracts out to. A hacker would have no more knowledge of a crime scene than anyone else...

Also I think that the police are going to let the funeral happen and if they are leaning towards charging him they will watch his demeanor at the funeral.
If they are going to conclude that it was her that did it, out of respect for everybody they would wait until after the funeral to announce it.

Exactly!!! How in the world can he think people are so stupid...I mean really? You would think someone that goes to the trouble of shooting his wife and children and works in security would have come up with something better than this. I just hope the police will be able to prove he did it.

From the Chicago Tribune article (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...n22,0,1460478.story?coll=chi-newsbreaking-hed) :
While at the Provena St. Joseph Medical Center emergency room in Joliet on June 14, where he was being treated for a gunshot wound in his left thigh and a graze wound in his left wrist

And

The wound in his wrist was minor, while the bullet that entered the top of his thigh, from his right side, passed out the left side of the thigh, the sources said.

Ok, so provided this source is accurate, why would he plan to graze his own left wrist if he was shooting himself in the left thigh, with the bullet entering through the right and exiting left?

That would mean his left arm was resting at his side, wouldn't it? And if you are going to shoot yourself in the left thigh, why would you have your arm resting in the direct path of the bullet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985