GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Chicago Tribune article (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...n22,0,1460478.story?coll=chi-newsbreaking-hed) :
While at the Provena St. Joseph Medical Center emergency room in Joliet on June 14, where he was being treated for a gunshot wound in his left thigh and a graze wound in his left wrist

And

The wound in his wrist was minor, while the bullet that entered the top of his thigh, from his right side, passed out the left side of the thigh, the sources said.

Ok, so provided this source is accurate, why would he plan to graze his own left wrist if he was shooting himself in the left thigh, with the bullet entering through the right and exiting left?

That would mean his left arm was resting at his side, wouldn't it? And if you are going to shoot yourself in the left thigh, why would you have your arm resting in the direct path of the bullet?

To explain possible GSR on your hands and you are right handed ? How does a woman sitting on the opposite side of the vehicle shoot him through the top of his left thigh instead of hitting him on the right side of his body which would be fully exposed to her ?

Another question:

Why, IF IF he is based in Illinois, would EACH business trip cause him to LEAVE on a Tuesday and come back on a Sunday?

Different business situations take different amounts of time to solve or discuss or???

I am thinking that a double life 'timeline' fits here quite nicely, BUT BUT since WE donut know what he did on these business trips, its a guess on my part. BUT the timing sounds like a double life to me.

Another question:

Why, IF IF he is based in Illinois, would EACH business trip cause him to LEAVE on a Tuesday and come back on a Sunday?

Different business situations take different amounts of time to solve or discuss or???

I am thinking that a double life 'timeline' fits here quite nicely, BUT BUT since WE donut know what he did on these business trips, its a guess on my part. BUT the timing sounds like a double life to me.

This does sound like a double life and it would make sense this might be right. I would bet that there is not only another woman but perhaps other children too. JMO of course.

To explain possible GSR on your hands and you are right handed ? How does a woman sitting on the opposite side of the vehicle shoot him through the top of his left thigh instead of hitting him on the right side of his body which would be fully exposed to her ?

--->>>I wonder IF IF he is left handed or right handed? My thought process has wandered to wondering IF IF he had the hatchback open AFTER the killings, and holding still holding the gun, he might have been moving or arranging things and sorta bent over, when the gun went off accidentally with his left wrist in the way and his thigh accidentally being the 'accidental target'.

Another question:

I have to say, I haven't followed this case in detail and this is the first I've heard of this but the double life sounds reasonable. Do you know the frequency - once a month, twice a month ? Is the frequency also consistent ? Surely LE would track down these trips especially if there is a pattern. Could be - stranger things have happened.

I have to say, I haven't followed this case in detail and this is the first I've heard of this but the double life sounds reasonable. Do you know the frequency - once a month, twice a month ? Is the frequency also consistent ? Surely LE would track down these trips especially if there is a pattern. Could be - stranger things have happened.

I think this is where the info is:
http://www.nbc5.com/news/13539818/detail.html?dl=mainclick

It says "Neighbors said he would often leave on Tuesdays and come home the following Sunday."

"Often" could really be anything. From every week - to it happened 3 times in the past year...

I used to be a travel agent - people have strange "habits" .. and companies sometimes have strange travel policies... We had one client company that would actually force their employees to use companion fares to save money - which was a pain in the neck when one of the "companions" would cancel .. we'd have to get approval for a higher fare... it was a mess.

I will agree a "double life" could be part of it though too...

Gosh - I am so curious about this case..

--->>>My information came from chicoliving's post #358 page 18 or 19,

Here it is again - http://www.nbc5.com/news/13539818/detail.html?dl=mainclick

What really made my eyes roll was when I read that he said that he had recently told his wife that he had an extramarital affair. This guy must think that we (including the police) are idiots.

So, he is killing two birds with one stone. He knows that the police will discover his affair(s). So, he is saying that he told his wife; and this could very well be the thing that pushed her over the edge. Uh-huh...right... :rolleyes:

I can't find a link to it by they reported on the news last night that police were interested in the neighbors and that the Vaughns had a couple over for dinnner the night previously and their was no mention of the trip to the waterpark. Also most interesting to me was the family dogs were left a home in the house and no one had been asked to take care of them. If anyone els can find the link but I haven't been able to. It was on Fox Chicago ews last night.

I think you could graze your wrist if you were trying to shoot yourself in the leg & trying to brace yourself with your free hand.

He's full of crapola.

If the reason she killed herself and her children was that she was angry, despondent, upset, whatever, about her husband having an affair, why on EARTH then, would she shoot at the husband and wound him and then NOT get out of the car & chase him down and shoot him some more until he's dead??? I mean, the children were shot multiple times. But the husband was shot ONCE. He would have been the focus of her rage (or whatever emotion she was consumed with). Why start shooting at the children when the husband is still outside the car, alive??

First of all, this was premeditated. As the wife didn't like having the gun around the house, she made the husband keep the gun in the jeep (which I believe was his vehicle). The gun now being in the family vehicle makes me think HE put it there on purpose.

IMHO, the turning point was the wife getting her degree. Now Chris knew that IF and when his wife found out about his affair or affairs, she WOULD take the kids and leave him high and dry AND be able to support herself and the kids just fine without him.

This reminds me so much of the Peterson case. He was free as a bird, traveling here and there, having affair(s). But it wasn't a new child that caused him to do this deed, it was his wife's education and him knowing that he was going to loose control of her because she now had a means to support herself and the children. Plus, he'd also be stuck with paying child support.

I believe he's a manipulative person who's gotten away with whatever he wanted for all these years. I think that when he was first picked up by the passerby, he hadn't thought through his story, or when he was met with doubts by the 'stranger,' he changed his story as time went on. Or, maybe he wasn't prepared for the shock to his own body when he shot himself.

I still think he snuck up on his wife and shot her once in the head. The children buckled in the back seat probably started screaming and panicing and he had to shoot them swiftly, thus the 'multiple wounds' to each of the children.

I believe the forensics is going to show that the wife may even have had some of the children's forensics on her back, thus making it impossible for her to have been the shooter.

Sorry, I don't believe for a minute that this woman shot her husband and children. I think he did it and his days as a free man are numbered.

Oh, and I think the 'graze' to his left wrist happened when he was blasting away at his kids. He was probably leaning in the car using his arm to support himself as he was murdering his children, and he got in the way of his own murderous rampage.:furious:

JMHO
fran

I see all the holes in his story ...

The only thing that really throws me is that it seems to have been reported that she was shot under the chin? How could he sneak up on her and do that? Though I suppose we really don't know exactly how long they were there...

I think that's what has me have that little bit of doubt - from what's "leaked" I still can't figure how it all could have gone down without more panic .. on 4 of 5 people...

What really made my eyes roll was when I read that he said that he had recently told his wife that he had an extramarital affair. This guy must think that we (including the police) are idiots.

So, he is killing two birds with one stone. He knows that the police will discover his affair(s). So, he is saying that he told his wife; and this could very well be the thing that pushed her over the edge. Uh-huh...right... :rolleyes:

I can't believe how much this case reminds me of Scott Peterson.:eek:

I think you could graze your wrist if you were trying to shoot yourself in the leg & trying to brace yourself with your free hand.

He's full of crapola.
Thinking out loud here.,....but shouldn't they be able to tell how far distance the bullet traveled that hit his leg...Also, the angle (I know everyone has been saying....) but if he did it don't you think he would have thought about these couple of things??

First of all, this was premeditated. As the wife didn't like having the gun around the house, she made the husband keep the gun in the jeep (which I believe was his vehicle). The gun now being in the family vehicle makes me think HE put it there on purpose.

IMHO, the turning point was the wife getting her degree. Now Chris knew that IF and when his wife found out about his affair or affairs, she WOULD take the kids and leave him high and dry AND be able to support herself and the kids just fine without him.

This reminds me so much of the Peterson case. He was free as a bird, traveling here and there, having affair(s). But it wasn't a new child that caused him to do this deed, it was his wife's education and him knowing that he was going to loose control of her because she now had a means to support herself and the children. Plus, he'd also be stuck with paying child support.

I believe he's a manipulative person who's gotten away with whatever he wanted for all these years. I think that when he was first picked up by the passerby, he hadn't thought through his story, or when he was met with doubts by the 'stranger,' he changed his story as time went on. Or, maybe he wasn't prepared for the shock to his own body when he shot himself.

I still think he snuck up on his wife and shot her once in the head. The children buckled in the back seat probably started screaming and panicing and he had to shoot them swiftly, thus the 'multiple wounds' to each of the children.

I believe the forensics is going to show that the wife may even have had some of the children's forensics on her back, thus making it impossible for her to have been the shooter.
Sorry, I don't believe for a minute that this woman shot her husband and children. I think he did it and his days as a free man are numbered.

Oh, and I think the 'graze' to his left wrist happened when he was blasting away at his kids. He was probably leaning in the car using his arm to support himself as he was murdering his children, and he got in the way of his own murderous rampage.:furious:

JMHO
fran

fran, you're my hero!:blowkiss:

JMHO
fran
Totally agree.. I said something similar back in my comments in entry #242.. I dont for aminute buy the my wife did it story.. I think he planned it down to the tiniest detail. Also not buying the I forgot bit .. how the h*ll do you forget something that horrific as your childrens deaths.. especially at the hands of your wife? You don't ..

--->>>I AM now wondering IF IF he has a girlfriend with another baby of his in one of the business trip locations??

That is an idea I hadn't thought about, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if you are right.

Looks like we got another COB on our hands.....

Ya know, I am getting really really really tired of all these senseless murders - I for one am voting for the return of vigilante justice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72