GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Southcitymom...

I'll try to see if I can find the post that says the chin thing... or article ... or wherever I read it... :doh: It gets very confusing...

I certainly can see your scenario .. in fact just about the same thing ran through my mind... even to the point that she may have planned it. ( I am NOT saying that is what happened ... just that trying to look at all the different scenarios... )

Yep ... I'd imagine forensics will tell ...

... also I totally agree about neighbors never knowing about what goes on behind closed doors.

If she had done it, and left a suicide note, would I be correct in assuming that LE would have revealed that by now? Before the lab stuff was released or possibly at the same time lab results would be released?

If she had done it, and left a suicide note, would I be correct in assuming that LE would have revealed that by now? Before the lab stuff was released or possibly at the same time lab results would be released?

Maybe she did it, and maybe there was a note left from her, composed on her computer that last evening, and printed out on one of the printers LE picked up.

OTOH, maybe he did it, and maybe there was a note left "from" her, composed on one of their computers at some point in time, and printed out on one of those same printers that LE picked up.

<< sigh >>

I just wish LE would HURRY!!!!

My mind just never quits, I am now wondering WHO made the reservations for the Bed and Breakfast get-a-way? Wonder also how far in advance reservations for THAT particular B&B are booked?

Anyone close to there that could check on that, wasn't the name Brue or something like that??

WHEN did HE supposedly tell her about an affair, and compare the date of the reservation that was made and the date the TALL TALE was told?

I am also guessing that IF IF she even allowed a gun to be brought on the trip THAT night, that she would not have let it be in the front seat. BUT even more importantly IF IF he stashed the gun in the back end near the hatchback door WITHOUT her even knowing that it was in the car, that when he got out of the vehicle and opened the hatchback on pretext of getting a tool to fix the rattle, he then would have access to the GUN, he could have surprised her by opening her door and shooting her under the chin from the ground from where he was standing.

Read article at link.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...linked_to.html

The Chicago Tribune is reporting that the investigation into the death of the Oswego mother Kimberly Vaughn and her children has taken a twist.

If you will remember, Kimberly and her three children were found dead in their SUV along Interstate Highway 55 in rural Will county , after her husband had flagged down a passerby asking them to call 911, after being shot in the leg by his wife when got finished adjusting the vehicles luggage rack. Kimberly Vaughn died one of gun shot to the head, their children had been shot multiple times, Christopher Vaughn was said to have a minor gunshot injury to his thigh. An unidentified law enforcement official has been reported to say that the incident closely resembles a " Law and Order, SVU" episode aired on May 8th of this year. The particular episode involves a man that was leading a double life blaming his wife for the murder of their children before she took her own life in the show, the man also suffers from a minor gunshot wound and is later charged with the crime. A search was conducted to determine if anyone in the Vaughn family had watched the show.

Another Peterson similarity:

Neither husband called their parents immediately to give them the news and allow the families to support each other.

What were they hiding?

I also believe that, like Peterson, Vaughn believes himself to be smarter than the police.

As for gun shot residue, I know that two people can be holding a gun when it fires and neither person will have residue on their hands. Strange, but true.
Not that I believe Kimberly was firing the gun, but there may have been a struggle for the gun.

Did anyone one on here see the Law and Order episode? I am wondering if the shootings on the episode took place in a vehicle?

I did not see it, Medusa. However, according to the NBC website, the episode referenced in the news stories is the one that originally aired 5/8/07 titled "Annihilated." It reairs THIS Sunday (as in tomorrow) on NBC at 10:00.

I still think that the husband may have shot the wife first with one shot to the head, killing her. Then, he shot the children with one shot each. He then put the gun in his dead wife's hand and shot them again using her hand. That would account for the children being shot several times. I also think that he leaned over his wife to shoot the children, to stage the scene as if she were the one shooting them. I hope that the police will be able to piece this all together.

It would not surprise me if he changed his clothes. However, she may have some type of smear on her clothes if he leaned over her.

There is no way in he!! that I believe that this woman murdered her children and then herself.

I also think that it is very convenient for the husband to say that he recently revealed to her that he had an affair. I do not believe that story, either.

If he revealed an affair, I'm sure the police will be talking to the object of his affection to confirm.

Sex or money are really the only two motives that make sense to me if the husband did this, so I buy the story about the affair. I think it was really going on.

But I'm still not conviced he did it. If he pulled over at that remote location for his wife to get sick, that makes more sense to me. I would rather throw up in privacy than on the side of the interstate.

Additionally, I've several cases where gunshot victims didn't hear the shot that hit them, so I don't have any problem with that aspect.

Waiting and waiting for more information!

I still think that the husband may have shot the wife first with one shot to the head, killing her. Then, he shot the children with one shot each. He then put the gun in his dead wife's hand and shot them again using her hand. That would account for the children being shot several times. I also think that he leaned over his wife to shoot the children, to stage the scene as if she were the one shooting them. I hope that the police will be able to piece this all together.

I have no knowledge of gun logistics, but is there a way that the gun leaves markings on the bullets to show the order of each bullet as it leaves the gun. Seems like on CSI shows, the bullets have markings on them, but that could be in TV land only. And who knows if this makes a difference? Just my mind wandering here!

two weeks ago they go to a shooting range, two weeks ago he wants a divorce and now she is gone after he confesses something?? If he wanted a divorce, I wouldn't be celebrating an anniversary with family members and staying at a bed-n-breakfast with him! Does not add up!

I have no knowledge of gun logistics, but is there a way that the gun leaves markings on the bullets to show the order of each bullet as it leaves the gun. Seems like on CSI shows, the bullets have markings on them, but that could be in TV land only. And who knows if this makes a difference? Just my mind wandering here!

Mama,
You're close!
The bullet, when leaving the gun barrel, does in fact gain the groove markings from the inside of the barrel. That's how they can sometimes later connect the bullet with a certain gun. However, to my knowledge, I haven't ever heard of any testing that can be done to prove the order several bullets may come out of the gun. Too bad, huh?!

Any new news on this case?! It seems they should have their test results on any drugs involved and other forensics done by now. They are moving so slow on this one. I thought it would be solved by now and he would be behind bars already. Hmmmm...wonder why this is taking so long?

JUST got this email alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subject:
FNC Alert
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2007 13:20:23 -0400
BREAKING NEWS<breakingnews@foxnews.com>
To:
BREAKINGNEWS Subscribers<BREAKINGNEWS-Subscribers@foxnews.com>

MISSOURI POLICE ARREST FATHER WHO WAS SOLE SURVIVOR OF LAST WEEK'S ILLINOIS FAMILY SHOOTING

**Watch FOX News Channel or go to http://foxnews.com for more

--- ADVERTISEMENT ---
Presented by RadioShack
--

Have not turned my TV on or checked through google yet.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286394,00.html

CHANNAHON, Ill. — A man who was found shot — but alive — after his family was killed in a Chicago suburb last week was arrested by St. Charles County Police in Missouri, according to MyFox St. Louis and FOX 2 News.

Click here to read the MyFox St. Louis report.

Vaughn was in Missouri for his family's funeral. <THIS disgusts me!

What is it, that makes these idiots think they can get away with this stuff? It's just amazing to me, how many men/husband/boyfriends, think they can just wipe out their wives/girlfriends/children and no one will even suspect them.

You're family are the only ones in the car and you just blow them away, and try to make like it was a random act of violence... Amazing! They ought to kill them and desect their brains.

MSNBC is reporting that he has already been processed and is being held.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member