GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's name his cell....."The Yukon" . I would've rather seen him get the death penalty...but the truth is we would all have to pay the millions to defend him. This would continue year after year.... Enjoy The Yukon and your stripper Chris !

Oh they'll be a stripper or two in there for sure! Ha!

Finally! Justice!! There were times when I didn't think this case was ever going to get to trial. Nice job by the prosecutors!! Wonder if we will get the usual BS from the family, excuses or lies or 'he was framed'. Get sick of that!!

Glasgow will be reelected, imo (he is up for it, right??).

Now you can rest in peace, Kim, Abby, Sandy, Blake. God bless.

I am a native Illinoiann and am so grateful for this verdict. A loving wife and 3beautiful children berased by an egocentric, monster dad....Good job jury. Myonly wish---put him in the general population!!!!!

I always feel that finally after trials such as this the family of the victim can finally breathe, they have waited years for this day, never being able to move forward as this trial was always there waiting to be concluded

now they can sit and remeber the good times they had with Kim and the children, they can open the memory box and recall all the happy times

they should not let him steal anymore of there lives,

Such a mixture of emotions right now....... sad-sick at the knowledge that 4 innocent beautiful lives were lost for no reason.... sorrow for their loved ones and knowing there will forever be 4 empty places.

Yet at the same time, I feel elated that another jury 'got it right'.

Amazed at the speed at which they came back with their verdict. Must have taken a straw poll to begin with and found they all agreed right off from the get-go. Bless them as their lives will never be the same again either. '

Too bad these selfish family murderers never pause to consider the number of people who will ultimately be affected by their actions.

Many thanks to those who selflessly kept me updated on the trial.... I work 3rd shift and the wonderful posters here are the only way I keep up to date on the trials that I follow and I can't express how much I appreciate the time and effort of those who give of themselves in posting the numerous updates.

Kim, Abby, Sandy and Blake will forever have a special place in my heart, and I'm so very sorry that they didn't have the same in Christopher Vaughn's, as if they had, we wouldn't be here right now.

Bumping for Kim, Abby, Sandy and Blake. I think of them often.

23 more days until sentencing.

Thank you CA Lady for that!

Well, it's after 9:30, wonder if it is taking place yet.....

SeidelContent....5 min ago

#ChristopherVaughn has arrived in the courtroom. He's shaved his hair short and grown a goatee.

A defense attorney for Christopher Vaughn is asking for a new trial on what he said were 51 different grounds, including the novel argument that jurors were so disgusted by press conferences involving Drew Peterson's defense team that they were prejudiced against all criminal defense lawyers.

George Lenard spent almost 90 minutes this morning arguing his motion for a new trial to Judge Daniel Rozak in a packed Will County courtroom. He's expected to finish his arguments after a lunch break.

<snip>

Kimberly Vaughn's family members are expected to testify this afternoon about how the deaths have devastated them.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...murder-of-wife-3-kids-20121126,0,846803.story

Still looking for a link, but I heard on the radio (WBBM AM 780) that the judge was going to rule tomorrow? on the new trial request? I think that's is what I heard.....

Christopher Vaughn sentencing delayed as judge considers motion for new trial

The sentencing for Christopher Vaughn, who murdered his wife and children, was delayed Monday as the judge in the case wanted time to consider a motion for a new trial made by Vaughn’s defense attorney.

Will County Judge Daniel Rozak will likely rule on the motion Tuesday morning and barring a new trial, will continue with the sentencing hearing for Vaughn.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/...bnoxious-they-biased-jury-in-vaughn-case.html

Yet another delay. :banghead:

JOLIET, Ill. —
A judge will decide Tuesday whether an Illinois man convicted of killing his wife and three children deserves a new trial, based in part on claims that the behavior of lawyers next door during Drew Peterson's murder trial made it impossible for the man to get a fair trial.Christopher Vaughn was convicted of fatally shooting his family in their SUV so he could start a new life living in the Canadian wilderness. His September trial overlapped with the high-profile trial of Peterson, the former suburban Chicago police officer convicted of murdering his third wife.

http://www.wftv.com/ap/ap/crime/judge-to-sentence-vaughn-in-murder-of-wife-3-kids/nTFfD/

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-11-27-07-47-01

He noted that at one press conference, Peterson's lawyers jokingly said, "Stacy who?" when asked what effect Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, who vanished in 2007, might have on Peterson's trial in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

"That gave defense attorneys, all of us, a black eye," Lenard told the judge during a hearing Monday. "Nobody ever said to me that made defense attorneys look good."

bbm

Jon Seidel &#8207;@SeidelContent
Judge denies #ChristopherVaughn 's bid for new trial.

:clap:

Kimberly's mother is speaking right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum