GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
~snip~

Gerald Kielian, Vaughn’s lawyer, told Judge Daniel Rozak that there are numerous depositions scheduled over the next three weeks.

He also said Illinois State Police were scheduled to take jacket worn by Vaughn the day of the slayings to a crime lab in Arizona for testing Feb. 14 or 15.

“We expect the state to have the results back by March,” Kielian said.

The case is scheduled to return to court Feb. 22.

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news/3372743-418/vaughn-scheduled-wife-2007-arizona.html

Thanks to all who keep this case on here...cannot find information anywhere else.
I have never lived in a place where Justice was so slow..........very frustrating!!!!!

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/3954899-417/key-evidence-returns-in-vaughn-murder-case.html

JOLIET — "A key piece of evidence in the trial of a man accused of killing his wife and three children in 2007 in Channahon Township has returned from an out-of-state crime lab, his lawyer said Tuesday. Christopher Vaughn, 35, of Oswego, sat quietly among a group of other inmates of the Will County jail as his lawyer, Gerald Kielian, informed Judge Daniel Rozak that a coat Vaughn had worn the day of the June 14, 2007, slayings was back from testing at a lab in Arizona. Doctors who worked on the coat will be deposed next week, Kielian said.
Kielian also asked for haste in scheduling Vaughn’s next court date because of the political climate in Springfield.
“We want move quickly on this because of pending death penalty legislation,” he said.
Vaughn is eligible for the death penalty. The state legislature voted last month to abolish the death penalty, but the governor has yet to sign the ban into law."

"Vaughn, who pleaded not guilty in July 2007 to four counts of first-degree murder, is being held at the Will County Jail. His next court date is March 21."

Most likely the delay is exactly what the defense wants. They want as much time as possible to pass before this ever goes to trial, in the hope that peoples memories will fade. I know my memory hasn't faded one iota. I remember how I felt when I learned Christopher Vaughn killed his entire family, I still feel the same way.

One thing about most of us....... we've learned to be patient.

After death penalty banned, area prosecutors sorting out what to do with about 90 capital cases

In Will County, State's Attorney James Glasgow said his office would immediately move to decertify its two pending death penalty cases and seek natural life instead.

Glasgow said the move would prevent defense attorneys from continuing to dip into the state's Capital Litigation Fund, which remains open until July 1. The fund, paid for by tax dollars, is available to attorneys defending death penalty cases.

"It's a situation where we've had this … shell of a death penalty left," said Glasgow. "I don't want any more billing done on these two cases by defense counsel. Let's move immediately to direct those funds to victim services and law enforcement training instead of into the pockets of defense attorneys."

John Rogers, a defense attorney for Christopher Vaughn, charged in Will County in the 2007 killings of his wife and three children, said he wasn't yet sure how his client's case would be affected by the lack of access to the Capital Litigation Fund, but said the defense had already developed "very favorable" forensic evidence.

Full article at link: ( no more about Vaughns case at link but an interesting read).
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ttorney-robert-berlin-capital-litigation-fund

It will be four years in June - just two short months away - and still no trial date.

Get the tissues out for this following MSM article which includes an interview with Susan Phillips, Kimberly's mother.

http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-jo...cle_de302ad6-d79c-59bc-a28d-02f87a0f5279.html

God Bless her. There are no words.. my heart breaks for her and all who loved Kimberly and those children. Prayers the wheels of justice start turning a bit faster in this case. 4 years is far too long to wait....

Will County prosecutors want to admit email and Internet chat evidence from Christopher Vaughn’s wife, Kimberly, to show the 34-year-old Oswego woman would not have wanted to harm her family, as her husband’s defense claims.

~snip~

The two sides in the case agreed Tuesday to return to court May 10 to set a date to argue the issue.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/...lain-wifes-e-mails-in-vaughn-murder-case.html

Christopher Vaughn's Lawyer Skips Murder Hearing

Rozak scheduled a May 10 appearance for Vaughn at which lawyers for both sides will pick a date to hold the hearing on the admissibility of the emails.

"We were fully prepared to argue today, but Mr. Rogers was not present," Pelkie said Tuesday.

Rogers refused to discuss why he failed to appear for the hearing, hanging up the phone when asked why he was not there.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/14/christopher-vaughns-lawye_n_849071.html

Shocked that this piece of human garbage has not gone to trial. Hope the good people of Will County do what is right and give this liar the maximum.

Shocked that this piece of human garbage has not gone to trial. Hope the good people of Will County do what is right and give this liar the maximum.

His lawyer sounds like a real piece of work, too. Skipping the hearing and hanging up the phone when asked why. I hope there are sanctions coming for him if it was done deliberately.

Interesting to note from the article above (posted by BrownRice):

Rozak appointed the public defender's office to the case. George Lenard, a Joliet attorney with a private practice who also works as a part-time public defender, landed the lead role in Vaughn's defense.

Among the more notable clients Lenard has represented are Craig Stebic and Drew Peterson. Stebic's wife, Lisa Stebic, vanished in April 2007. Stebic has not been charged with harming his missing wife.

Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, went missing six months after Lisa Stebic. The state police believe Stacy Peterson may have been slain and named Drew Peterson the sole suspect in their investigation but have yet to charge him in connection with her disappearance.

The state police did arrest Peterson two years ago on charges he murdered his third wife, Kathleen Savio, who was found drowned in a dry bathtub in March 2004. Peterson has yet to go to trial. He has been held at the county jail on a $20 million bond since his arrest in May 2009.

Lenard quit the Peterson case after a dispute with attorney Joel Brodsky, whose involvement drove two other lawyers away from the Peterson camp as well.
Lenard's latest client, Vaughn, has been locked up in the same jail for nearly twice as long.

Bumping. It has now past the 4 year mark and this case has still not gone to trial.
With a new attorney appointed who knows how long a trial may take.

Praying Kimberly and her children receive the justice they deserve soon! And praying for all who love and miss them dearly, especially Kimbely's parents and family.

sometimes trials come to court in a reasonable amount of time and then some such as this one take forever, is he going with the she did it, or I have mental health problems, or we were attacked by strangers,

Report: Evidence uncovered in family murders

June 28, 2011

According the Chicago Sun-Times, newly released court documents show officers found a magazine article about staging crime scenes and one about making a death appear to be a suicide inside of Chris Vaughn's family home.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8219056

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members