GUILTY IL - Kristina Wesselman, 15, raped & murdered, Glen Ellyn, 21 July 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nope, I did that. It would show the article then a pop would come to make me register on every attempt. I finally did the free one. Geesh! Good article, it was worth the few seconds to sign up.

The attack of the woman from her bicycle was especially brutal. The victim was beaten, raped and hung by a rope until unconscious. Jones released her in a hospital parking lot...

He was supposed to serve 10 -20 years but only served 6. His victim was never notified that he was out. If he served his full sentence he would not have been out to kill. I guess his line of BS and the fact that he took her to the hospital was in his favor, but really hanging/raping and beating? They should have thrown away the key. There is no redeeming someone that evil.

I was struck on how he almost didn't have to submit dna..... and the other cases which never got charged. His current wife's excuses for him make me sick.

Well, we know he wasn't reading here. If he was, he would have known the authorities had dna from Kristy's murderer. I wonder how many other unsolved crimes he is responsible for.

Champaign man pleads not guilty in Kristy Wesselman slaying

Jones was indicted Tuesday morning on eight counts of first-degree murder and three counts of aggravated criminal sexual assault stemming from the July 21, 1985 murder <snip>

If convicted, Jones faces 80 years to natural life in prison for the murder and six to 30 years in prison for the sexual assault. Prosecutors gave defense attorneys 2,382 pages of discovery. His next court date is at 8:30 a.m. Nov. 24 in Courtroom 4006.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151013/news/151019610/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I've been searching online for an update on Michael Jones court date, but haven't been able to find anything. :-/

Any idea where his trial info or next court date may be listed online? Dupage county inmate search is no help.

Any idea where his trial info or next court date may be listed online? Dupage county inmate search is no help.

There is an online site but it specifically states it is not for research. My suggestion is to contact the journalist JKmitch and ask he follow up on all future court dates. Even if it's a short paragraph update. Since it's the holiday I will wait and email him next week. Anyone else interested should email him as well. His email info is listed at the above October Daily Herald Link.

Thanks, that's a good idea Cubby.

While I was looking for the journalists email, I browsed some other articles he read. This was interesting. Apparently the Du Page County Sheriffs is being sued. I'm telling ya, something is corrupt with that department and has been for a very long time.

Thanks, that's a good idea Cubby.

While I was looking for the journalists email, I browsed some other articles he read. This was interesting. Apparently the Du Page County Sheriffs is being sued. I'm telling ya, something is corrupt with that department and has been for a very long time.

I found a very recent article with information regarding the lawsuit filed against the DPCS. One of the complaints made by the employee alleges his children not being allowed to be in a court room was racially motivated.

No children under a certain age are allowed in the courtroom during proceedings. The courthouse offers baby sitting services during regular business hours.
https://www.dupageco.org/safeharbor.aspx

Anytime I've seen a child in the courtroom, the judge always requires the parent to bring them to the babysitting service snd then come back to the courtroom. This service has been available for at least a decade. If an employee of the sheriffs office cries racism because his children were required to go to the free service offered at the courthouse I find it somewhat clear there was a legitimate reason he wasn't promoted.

I mention this because not every lawsuit or complaint against the Sheriffs office is legitimate. I hope invalid complaints and lawsuits don't lead people to mistrust those investigating this case. After having personal contact with the cold case unit by phone and in person, I have every confidence in their ability and professionalism. I know they would never ever do anything to jeaprodize Kristina's case.

I can't find any other updates that I can discuss. Remember, the DuPage County Court records have a specific warning the online site is not for research. I can say it does appear when something actually happens in court, msm is reporting it. What they are not reporting are the continuances and the date of the next hearing. We'll just keep watching msm for updates.

Hi, I am still wondering what is going on with this case. If DuPage County has DNA evidence, then what exactly would be taking so long for them to go on with the trial? In the last link posted, it said that they were reviewing prison records from when Jones was previously incarcerated. Does this make sense to anyone?

I have been to every single court hearing.
At this point, there is nothing to report; evidence is being reviewed and exchanged. There is 30 years worth of evidence to review; that takes time...a LOT of time.

Please try to refrain from speculation on this case based on Google searches and 3rd party investigators.

When there is something "official" to report regarding a trial date being set, the States Attorneys office will post a Press Release.
The link where you will find that information is: https://www.dupageco.org/statesattorney/news.aspx

Until that time, I can assure you that no amount of searching will give you any more information than "The case is in progress." because nothing has happened.

I will not release court dates or any information about toe goings-on of the case, because that is not my place.

Why do they need to go over 30 years of evidence if they have a DNA match? And, are court dates not public info?

I think it is amazing that they flew out to tell her mom in person. I think their continued contact with her and flying out to tell her in person show their dedication.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-kristina-wesselman-murder-met-20151003-story.html

Wesselman said police regularly checked in with her, even when they had nothing new to report.

So she didn't think too much of it when a detective called a few weeks ago to ask her if the name "Michael Jones" meant anything to her. It didn't, she told them.

Unbeknownst to Wesselman, though, police learned Sept. 10 that there was a DNA match through the database identifying someone as the source of the semen obtained during Kristy's autopsy.

Authorities said further investigation led to Jones. Detectives arrested him at his home Friday, Sept. 18.

That next day, Wesselman said, DuPage sheriff's Detective Tiffany Wayda called to say she was in Colorado and could she stop by for coffee. Wesselman realized this was not a casual visit when she looked outside and realized Wayda was not alone.

"I saw two people pull up," she said. "I thought, 'It's either really good or really bad.'"

Wesselman said she initially was too stunned to speak. She soon picked up the phone and told family: "They got him."

Thank you for the updates Quessie. Based on my following other cases in the NE IL area this probably won't get to trial until 2020, unless they come up with some kind of plea. Everything seems to take 5 years from date of arrest and charges until trial. I hope for Kristy's mom it gets to trial sooner..... She has waited way to long for justice and MJ had far too much freedom from the time he murdered Kristy to his incarceration.

So we wait......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back