Found Deceased IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, 20 Aug 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed another case where a two year old is missing but not abducted.

Kiewatt, 43, was arrested and charged with child endangerment. Bloomington police then heeded the mother’s request to turn the boy over to a family friend, records show. The same day, the child was passed along to two other people.

But in a hearing Tuesday, Assistant Hennepin County Attorney Erin Goltz said “as the court is aware, we have been unable to locate” the boy. Goltz and the judge asked Kiewatt if she knew where her son was, or how to contact Salter. She said she didn’t know.
http://www.startribune.com/safety-net-fails-boy-missing-for-a-second-time/328971501/

Reminds me of another case, too - Shannon Lea Dedrick. The mother reported her as missing - she got up in the morning and the baby was gone. The mother showed little emotion and her story seemed very fishy, so of course some people thought she'd killed the little girl.

But it turned out that the babysitter had convinced the mother (who had a low IQ and mental health issues) to give her the baby and then lie about it to police. The police kept the name of the babysitter out of the press whilst they worked behind the scenes to recover the baby - and they did recover her, alive and well. The babysitter (who had also been accused of murdering her toddler step-son years before) had been hiding the baby in a box under her bed. She claimed that she was trying to protect the baby because her mother wasn't looking after her properly.

I just noticed another case where a two year old is missing but not abducted.

http://www.startribune.com/safety-net-fails-boy-missing-for-a-second-time/328971501/

Reminds me of another case, too - Shannon Lea Dedrick. The mother reported her as missing - she got up in the morning and the baby was gone. The mother showed little emotion and her story seemed very fishy, so of course some people thought she'd killed the little girl.

But it turned out that the babysitter had convinced the mother (who had a low IQ and mental health issues) to give her the baby and then lie about it to police. The police kept the name of the babysitter out of the press whilst they worked behind the scenes to recover the baby - and they did recover her, alive and well. The babysitter (who had also been accused of murdering her toddler step-son years before) had been hiding the baby in a box under her bed. She claimed that she was trying to protect the baby because her mother wasn't looking after her properly.

I would love for this to be the case with Kyrian!

I find it odd that a man would offer to watch 2 toddlers for over 2 weeks. My mom didn't watch my toddler for more than 3 days while we moved- and I have 4 kids - it was a LOT to move. Why would they need this man to watch their boys that long to move from an apt to another apt and why would this man be so generous. What man watches 2 year olds for more than a couple of hours unless it's his own?

This whole story is just shady and has lots of holes in it

I'm guessing she had to get settled and set up child care in the new city...? And I don't find it odd that the man volunteered to watch him. It seems like she and her friend have been close for some time.

I would do the same for a close friends family if I had the means. Some people tolerate/like children more than others.

I love having my nieces and nephews over and enjoy when they run through the house playing and hooting and hollering. I really enjoy the company of children. I cared for my niece and my son (born 3 months apart) for the first three years of their lives because my sister had to work and I was lucky enough to be a stay at home mom. So it was like I was raising twins and I LOVED every minute of it.

My sister and my mother on the other hand can't stand when the kids are over acting all hyper and noisy and they can only take about an hour before they send them home or outside. We all live on the same street and they play at my house 99% of the time along with all the neighborhood kids. Their parents all think I'm nuts too but I just sit on my laptop and let them run circles around me and doesn't bother me at all.

But we are all individuals and some people might find it hard to fathom but I don't find it odd at all.

Just my two cents...

Kyrian's mother says she was moving apartments between Marion, Iowa to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. She needed someone to watch her son.
http://www.wrex.com/story/30102412/...mes-out-about-the-missing-toddler-in-rockford

Lanisha tells 23 News that she was planning on moving to Rockford to be with her son.

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Missing-Boy-328454341.html?device=phone&c=y

She said she was in the process of moving from Cedar Rapids, Iowa to Chicago.*

http://www.wrex.com/story/30082850/...d-possible-connection-to-heinous-chicago-case

I would like to know when her bff son was picked up? Was he still there when Kyrian was reported missing or was he picked up prior to that?

maybe that is how they figured out he was missing.... because he was arrested for some other reason but hey wasnt he supposed to have the boy...

13 News has also learned that the person Kyrian was allegedly staying with was arrested the day he was reported missing on a different charge. That's according to Kryian's mother. We know this person's name but are not releasing it. Rockford Police confirm a person by that name was arrested but will not confirm that he is involved with the case. They say the focus now is on finding Kyrian.

http://www.wrex.com/story/30102412/...mes-out-about-the-missing-toddler-in-rockford

Kyrian was reported missing Sept. 17, but police said they believe the boy was last seen around Aug. 20.

Snio
"That sketch looks nothing like my child. There's no way my child's hair could grow that much in a month's time. I keep my son's hair low, super low, so that's impossible," she said.

Snip

Knox recently moved to Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with a high school friend, Harris said. The friend also has a young child.

Knox had secured a job in Iowa and needed to go through training in August. That's when the pair left Kyrian and the other child in the care of the high school friend's father, who lives in Rockford, Harris said

Snip

She said Knox called the Rockford man to check on Kyrian routinely but did not speak with the child on the phone.

Snip

Last Thursday, Harris said, Knox texted the Rockford man's girlfriend to check in, asking about her son, but the woman was at work. Hours later she received a call from Rockford police about Kyrian's disappearance.

Knox, who said she had expected to pick up the children last weekend, said the Rockford man was approached by another man who said he was picking up the toddler on her behalf. He allowed the boy to leave with the man.

"Any common-sense adult would say, 'Let me call to confirm that someone's coming to pick them up,'" Knox said. "But that never happened. ... How could I report him missing if I didn't know?"

Snip

According to officials with the Department of Children and Family Services, the office has not had any previous contact with Knox's family. The agency is investigating the Knox family for neglect with regard to the disappearance of the child, DCFS spokeswoman Veronica Resa said.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-84499117/

maybe that is how they figured out he was missing.... because he was arrested for some other reason but hey wasnt he supposed to have the boy...

Likely scenario is that when he (best friends father that was watching Kyrian) reported Kyrian missing, he had an outstanding warrant for his arrest and was arrested at the same time.

JMO

Kyrian was reported missing Sept. 17, but police said they believe the boy was last seen around Aug. 20.

Snio
"That sketch looks nothing like my child. There's no way my child's hair could grow that much in a month's time. I keep my son's hair low, super low, so that's impossible," she said.

Snip

Knox recently moved to Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with a high school friend, Harris said. The friend also has a young child.

Knox had secured a job in Iowa and needed to go through training in August. That's when the pair left Kyrian and the other child in the care of the high school friend's father, who lives in Rockford, Harris said

Snip

She said Knox called the Rockford man to check on Kyrian routinely but did not speak with the child on the phone.

Snip

Last Thursday, Harris said, Knox texted the Rockford man's girlfriend to check in, asking about her son, but the woman was at work. Hours later she received a call from Rockford police about Kyrian's disappearance.

Knox, who said she had expected to pick up the children last weekend, said the Rockford man was approached by another man who said he was picking up the toddler on her behalf. He allowed the boy to leave with the man.

"Any common-sense adult would say, 'Let me call to confirm that someone's coming to pick them up,'" Knox said. "But that never happened. ... How could I report him missing if I didn't know?"

Snip

According to officials with the Department of Children and Family Services, the office has not had any previous contact with Knox's family. The agency is investigating the Knox family for neglect with regard to the disappearance of the child, DCFS spokeswoman Veronica Resa said.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-84499117/
I'm astounded, did this mother accuse another adult of not using their common sense? Hold me back...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this.

The landing page at Chicago Tribune is a paid site but I found the text version to it that is open for anyone:

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/chicago-tribune/20150924/281530814824801/TextView

getimage.aspx

"He just made 2 years old on August 5, he hasn't started talking yet", said the mom.

Likely scenario is that when he (best friends father that was watching Kyrian) reported Kyrian missing, he had an outstanding warrant for his arrest and was arrested at the same time.

JMO
Very smart!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The friend's father was watching Kyrian for a couple of weeks and then just gave him to some tattooed folks who showed up and said they were picking the baby up for mom? Well, who are these folks? And then the friend's father got arrested on some outstanding charges after he called to report the baby missing but never called the mom to tell her that the child was taken by some of her 'friends'?

I will never cease to be amazed at the stupid things people do without a second thought.

You'd think the mother would be more worried about the lagoon baby - even if she really believes it can't be him because of the hair, there is still a baby dismemberer on the loose and her son may have been taken as a second victim.

ETA and actually, don't you think she would have seen on the news about an african american toddler being fished out of the lagoon and immediately checked that her son was still okay??

JMO

This makes a lot of sense. I was totally confused about the charge!

I am happy that Knox's mother cleared the story up a little. I don't know what it is but today I'm kind of believing her, that somebody did come and take him. I still wish we knew who dad is

I feel like if that story is true...it has to be someone they know. I doubt some random stranger would just take someone's kid. For one, how would they know the child doesn't belong to the people he's with? Yeah...it's got to be someone who know Ms. Knox and little Kyrian.

ok but why didnt he report him missing whenever that other person supposedly picked him up?

JMO

I'm astounded, did this mother accuse another adult of not using their common sense? Hold me back...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Seems he's not the only lacking it.
I'm so shocked by her lack of emotions. I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead