Found Deceased IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, 20 Aug 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been posted before but I noticed on Kyrian's NCMEC it says that the man or woman who Kyrian may be with may travel to the Midwest...hmmm

I also noticed that the last seen date has been changed from the 28th to the 20th. I wonder who confirmed the date as the 20th.
My guess is the mom and her friend gave corroborating statements, since that is the day when they would have stopped in Rockford on the way back to Cedar Rapids. Phone records and receipts would back up their statements, and show their whereabouts during the period they said they travelled. Employment records for the mom probably have been used to establish her timeline, as well.

JMO

Is Illinois not the Midwest?

So is Iowa.

I think Midwest is slightly open to opinion. But it seems like the states included in that geographical area are Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Missouri, and Ohio.

So is Iowa.

I think Midwest is slightly open to opinion. But it seems like the states included in that geographical area are Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Missouri, and Ohio.

And Ill add Wisconsin also. Milwaukee isn't to far from Rockford. But not sure if it matters. Everything seems to be pointing to Chicago.

Any mention of where they actually searched?

I must admit they don't look like the most organized group of searchers I have ever seen. But at least they are trying and it looks like they are having fun.

Lol. I like your sarcasm.

They looked as far down a camera lens they could find. Shouldn't joke but wow just wow

Any mention of where they actually searched?

(modsnip)

From the post I was following concerning the search on the Help Find Kyrian page, they only "searched" for a few hours Sat. The volunteers that showed up in Rockford waited for hours on the family group coming from Chicago, but gave up and left around 5pm. When that family group (that didn't include mom) did finally arrive they spent considerable time having to change the incorrect LE phone number the mom had put on all the flyers. I never saw mention what area those flyers where eventually passed around in.

"The midwest" is such a broad term. I wish they could narrow that down a bit. But I suppose that's as good as it can get right now. Sad.

I'm not really up to speed on USA geography, but how far is Rockford from where mom was in Iowa. Different states obviously but is it a long journey?

so having not read the entire thread (shame on me ) boss keeps cracking that whip, as anyone tied him to the child remains found in the park in Chicago?

Nothing definitive to date.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

It makes my heart so heavy that another day and still no further forward with this poor boy.

I don't understand. I really don't understand any of it.
The story.
The family.
The friends.
The lack of information.
The lack of urgency the police seem to have.
The time on the DNA results.
The fliers.
The reward.

The way this whole case is being handled just really doesn't sit well with me.

He's 2 years old... He's not been seen for weeks. makes me want to scream!

I'm not really up to speed on USA geography, but how far is Rockford from where mom was in Iowa. Different states obviously but is it a long journey?

It's about a 3 hour drive from Cedar Rapids to Rockford, and 1 1/2 hours from Rockford to Chicago.

It's a 15 minute drive from Marion IA to Cedar Rapids.

Well looks like this is not a direction we want to take but if it is so at least we are talking one child as opposed to two , not that that fact will make us feel much better :(

Well looks like this is not a direction we want to take but if it is so at least we are talking one child as opposed to two , not that that fact will make us feel much better :(

I hear ya. I am currently torn between being mortified at the idea that Kyrian is Charming, and the idea that we may not know for ages about either of them.

Either way it's a big crap sandwich.

I just keep thinking someone is getting arrested soon. The police are way to relaxed. They've gotta know or have a huge hunch to be this relaxed. Or at least I sure hope.

If they did get DNA test back would they maybe with hold that info? If so why? I thought it'd be back by now.

Hopefully they will at least let the public know who was ruled out through DNA.

Just getting caught up on more about Kyrian's case.

So from what I understand or read from the conflicting reports over the past week:

Mom was in the process of moving from one city in IA to another.

Mom was also starting a new job in her new city

Mom had to do some training for this new job, get household moved from one city to another

Mom and BFF decide to go to Chicago for a visit for a few days

Mom's BFF also has a child around same age as Kyrian, suggests her family member could watch both children as the friends are in Chicago and then while the move in IA is happening

Mom drops Kyrian mid August (around the 15th or the 17th) off at the friend's family member's home in Rockford (caretaker)

Some reports state that mom and friend stopped to check in on the kids on their return from Chicago to IA which may be the August 17th date origin and some report Kyrian was last seen on the date she dropped him off, also reported as the 17th by some outlets.

She phoned the caretaker once back in IA occasionally to speak to her son (but got no return feedback that specifically could ID Kyrian as the person on the other end of the phone) several times in the next several weeks.

She states timing was an issue for the caretaker when she made attempts to arrange to come get Kyrian.

She states the caretaker's GF indicated confusion one day when she attempted to make contact about Kyrian on 9-17 and then later received a call from LE that her child is reported missing. Some indications that the caretaker made the report to police. Caretaker is currently in custody over charges completely unrelated to Kyrian.

LE from Chicago is checking into possibility that Kyrian is the child whose dismembered remains were found in Garfield Park lagoon.

Mom feels strongly that her son is not that child.

DNA has been taken from mom in efforts to rule Kyrian out as that victim.

Do I have the gist?

Thank you for this! I still can't understand why she needed to leave kyrian in someone else's care for more than a couple days to move. A month?!! Something is just not right about this! What man would offer to keep 2 toddler boys for a month?! I'm wondering if mom and the caretaker are in on something together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16