Found Deceased IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, 20 Aug 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“The victim was most likely an African-American child (though mixed race heritage cannot be excluded) between 18 months and 4 years of age (best estimate 2-3 years old),” authorities said. http://fox8.com/2015/09/10/police-release-sketch-of-toddler-found-dismembered-in-chicago-lagoon/
i dont think this baby looks anything like the baby in the lagoon. that baby was said to be "black or biracial" which leads me to think he is lighter complected and ambiguous features, whereas this little guy is clearly darker skinned and not biracial.

i dont think this baby looks anything like the baby in the lagoon. that baby was said to be "black or biracial" which leads me to think he is lighter complected and ambiguous features, whereas this little guy is clearly darker skinned and not biracial.

They have took DNA from Kyrian's mother so I assume we will find out soon..

Also I'm pretty sure they said African-American but not ruling out mixed race.

You can watch a video of mom doing a facetime interview here...[video]http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Missing-Boy-328454341.html[/video]

You can watch a video of mom doing a facetime interview here...[video]http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Missing-Boy-328454341.html[/video]
Everyone is different, but for the life of me I don't know how these moms aren't in 24 hour freak mode. Remember Hannah Graham? Her mom looked sick and like she was about to puke or faint during those interviews. This mom is so matter of fact, so relaxed. No begging "where's my baby". Again, I get that every person grieves differently, but you would think she lost her laptop or keys for goodness sakes. JMO

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So in that interview, it says that mom says she hasn't heard from Kyrian since Sept 6. That adds even more confusion for me to an already confusing, not very believable, story.

Something isn't right. Mom didn't want media coverage at first.
I don't think the baby found in Chicago looks like Kyrian either. However, mom was moving from Iowa to Chicago. Loses baby in the move. Dont want media coverage. And in the meantime a baby shows up unidentified amd dismembered in Chicago where the mother was planning on moving. Hmmm

idk... the nose and eyebrows look different to me. he has the gaps but so does my 2 year old. most toddlers do, so their adult teeth fit later.

If the sketch is accurate, the difference in the eyebrows is remarkable; Kyrian has quite a bit more space between his upper lid and his eyebrow.

idk... the nose and eyebrows look different to me. he has the gaps but so does my 2 year old. most toddlers do, so their adult teeth fit later.

Right, but the sketch was done based on a picture of a dismembered head that had been in the water for at least a week. There are going to be discrepancies because of bloating and decomposition.
The fact that we are trying to figure out which baby this is is maddening! :(

Right, but the sketch was done based on a picture of a dismembered head that had been in the water for at least a week. There are going to be discrepancies because of bloating and decomposition.
The fact that we are trying to figure out which baby this is is maddening! :(

They will know as soon as DNA test is determined I would think. However long that takes i'm not sure though?

After all the back and fourth with baby doe-Bella i take artist renderings with a grain of salt. We have no idea what they have to work with who know if it's him. Anything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. Looking at the computer generated picture of Bella beside an actual photo, I thought the composite was very well done. However, many people that knew Bella are saying the resemblance is only slight and they never put 2+2 together when they saw the billboards. The estimated age given was also 2 years off. I think these composites should come with a huge disclaimer to the public advising the image is not to be gauged as 100% accurate and any similarity at all should be considered.

I wonder if one of the mom's friends realised they hadn't seen Kyrian for ages, and were suspicious enough to report it to LE. The friend might have told the police the mom's story about who he was with, and the police might have gone to see if he was really there, found he wasn't, then contacted mom. Someone might have even seen the police sketch of the lagoon baby found dead, and phoned a tip in saying it might be Kyrian.

It does sound like LE are looking very seriously at the two cases and think the lagoon baby *may* be Kyrian :(

http://www.wrex.com/story/30082850/...d-possible-connection-to-heinous-chicago-case

I think you are spot on. Mom's facebook has almost no responses to her postings about Kyrian. That is either terribly sad and she has very little support from caring friends or family....or.....her friends know something we don't.

if she gave up her DNA willingly then she prob doesnt think it is him.

the fact that any child ended up in that condition sickens me :(

If the sketch is accurate, the difference in the eyebrows is remarkable; Kyrian has quite a bit more space between his upper lid and his eyebrow.

I guess the accuracy of the sketch is the big question. I would think the amount of decomp (I hate even typing that) as well as the abilities of the artist are all at play here. I think we've all seen these sketches run the gamut from spot on to barely resembling the person.

http://www.wrex.com/story/30082850/...d-possible-connection-to-heinous-chicago-case

Imagine that you are this mother. Your child is missing. You want him home.

Would you call him 'the child'? Or would you call him Kyrian.
Would you speculate about what might have happened to him, horrifying though it may be? Would you be up all night, mind racing over the possibilities? Or would you just say you don't know and don't want to speculate.

Her word choice creeps me out.

IMO the sketch doesn't show the eyebrows, just a shadowing of the bone structure above the eyes but I could be wrong.

I'm so confused with this story. How long has this baby actually been missing? Aug or Sep? It seems mom didn't know until Sept 17th. From what I understand so far, Mom says she gave Kyrian to a friend in Chicago to look after (when???) and that friend gave the baby to his/her Dad and girlfriend (guy with the "Gangsta" neck tattoo and g/f with boob tat of a lips eating cherries.) I haven't heard any media mention of this friend or Dad&co. being talked to or looked for by LE. Is it the friend's Dad, who she is saying went to pick up Kyrian, telling the lie that the Mom had sent him for the child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member