IL - Larry Southwood & Kimberly Riordan for sex abuse of disabled 14yo girl, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
captain exposition said:
Or to take it a step further, why would you hire a man you met at a TRUCK STOP to babysit your kids? Doesn't the state help find care for disabled children, especially if they live in disadvantaged families? :confused:
Ok just what I know to be a fact.. She was a waitress at the truck stop. Not saying she wasn't a prostitute but she was also a waitress. I do know who this woman is and now that she does drink but nothing about her interaction with her children. My only concern is that the creep in this story is the one who gave the police this story of the money. If this is what happened I hope we are not rushing to judgement on the story of a predator who has been convicted multiple times. And before it starts I do not need anyone jumping on me. It is just a thought. A year ago Kevin Fox sat in jail presumed guilty of his daughter's murder. Just something to ponder. This is the same town and the same county police..

BillyGoatGruff said:
I'm sure she's claiming she hired him to babysit, but the truth of the matter is that she was pimping her daughter out.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

captain exposition said:
I just re-read everything and I guess I was being niave. That does appear to be what she was doing. I can't even imagine the circumstances that lead to even the discussion of such an arrangement. How does something like that ever come up? :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Please, link us to where you saw she WAS pimping out her daughter, or am I misunderstanding? Thanx

crash676 said:
Ok just what I know to be a fact.. She was a waitress at the truck stop. Not saying she wasn't a prostitute but she was also a waitress. I do know who this woman is and now that she does drink but nothing about her interaction with her children. My only concern is that the creep in this story is the one who gave the police this story of the money. If this is what happened I hope we are not rushing to judgement on the story of a predator who has been convicted multiple times. And before it starts I do not need anyone jumping on me. It is just a thought. A year ago Kevin Fox sat in jail presumed guilty of his daughter's murder. Just something to ponder. This is the same town and the same county police..

You make some good points. First of all, I would have to question how this , who reportedly worked as a handyman- how would he come up with $10,000 to pay the Mom?
The initial story was that the Mom was paying him to babysit.
So this could very well be the whinning of a perv who just wants to try to excuse or mitigate his behavior.

christine2448 said:
Please, link us to where you saw she WAS pimping out her daughter, or am I misunderstanding? Thanx

I believe that statement was probably made in reference to the first paragraph of the original article posted here. That Mom accepted $10,000 to keep quiet about the abuse.

I do not have a confirmed source regarding her pimping out her daughter, and I also had not read that she worked at the truck stop. I thought she was hanging around and struck up a conversation with the guy. So I guess I don't really know if she is telling the truth, he is telling the truth, or if $10,000.00 was actually in involved. In short I know nothing, don't listen to me. lol

The whole thing is horrible though, and I certainly would rather think that he is a liar, or that she simply had bad judgement and thought that Mr. Truck Stop customer was a suitable gaurdian for her kids.

Edit: If she took the money after the abuse had stopped but the police investigation had began, is that considered pimping? Can you pimp after the fact?:confused:

Will County officials say they've never seen a crime like this one: A Wilmington woman is accused of accepting $10,000 from a convicted sex offender to keep quiet about the fact that the man was repeatedly raping her disabled, teenage daughter.

WBBM Suburban Bureau chief Julie Mann reports one of the complaints against 32-year-old Kimberly Riordan says she was warned about Larry Southwood's past sex crimes.

Southwood was arrested Christmas Day. Riordan surrendered last night and is being held in lieu of $250, 000 bail.
http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/2266.php

channel five news was in town last night and the camera man told me and a few other people that the mother turned herself and the money in to police. she then had to surrender herself to LE yesterday. she claimed he paid her 10,000 to keep quiet and she considered the money tainted and didnt spend a penny and turned him in anyways. i have no clue what to believe but if she accepted it and let that monster continue what he was doing to that girl she needs to hang just like him.

This is going to be an interesting trial.
And if the guy thinks he will recieve the same treatment he did when he abused his dau. he better be thinking about it again. This is a different day and age. No matter if the alleged mother did or didn't take money, it won't change his fate.
As far as the mother, if what the cameraman said is true, then that is probably going to be tomorrow's media story. The mother says she turned him in, but some time ago, the man's dau. said she is the one who turned him in. Mom's story is sounding less likely. What seems more likely is that Mom, 'cooperated in the investigation', except for her part of it of course.

:sick: :furious: :sick: :furious:

Oh, this makes me so sick and angry at the same time. ARGH!

An Illinois woman has been sentenced to 65 months in prison for taking $10,000 in hush money from the man who sexually molested her severely disabled daughter.
The Chicago Tribune reports that the 33-year-old woman — whose name is not being published in order to protect her children — pleaded guilty in March to obstruction of justice and concealing a fugitive for accepting $10,000 from Lawrence Lee Southwood and agreeing not to tell authorities what she knew about the molestation.
Southwood, who the newspaper reported has a long history of sexual and violent crimes, befriended the woman and sometimes took care of her daughter, who has cerebral palsy and uses a wheelchair. The girl testified at his trial that he repeatedly molested her in August and September 2005.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,272422,00.html

How old was the girl at the time of the molestation? :( How poor was the family, that the money was more tempting than justice for her child? :banghead: It's.....bumfuzzling to borrow a friend's phrase. I'm confused, but not wholly surprised. :(

How old was the girl at the time of the molestation? :( How poor was the family, that the money was more tempting than justice for her child? :banghead: It's.....bumfuzzling to borrow a friend's phrase. I'm confused, but not wholly surprised. :(

She was 14. Her molester got 104 years in prison. The mother had been in trouble before for crashing her car & injuring her children while driving under the influence. More at link:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...50094may15,1,6653567.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

Lawrence Sommers, the woman's attorney, said he would ask Bertani-Tomczak to reconsider her decision. "We believe the sentence is excessive," he said
i wonder if she had rented the lawyers child out to a violent sex offender how long he would have felt she deserved...

I don't think that the mother got near enough time. It is a horrible thing that she did. I wonder if she has any other kids living in her home and if these children will be given back to her after she gets out of prison. Wait till those hard core females find out what she is in prison for. They won't give her a moments peace.

Best News of Past Year? It's over

Herald News [Joliet IL]
January 1, 2007

Will County Judge Dan Rozak sentenced Larry Southwood, 69, of Wilmington to the maximum 104 years in prison Oct. 24 for sexually assaulting a disabled teenager whom he was hired to watch while her mother was at work or running errands. A jury found him guilty of the crimes in August.

The victim's mother, Kimberly A. Riordan, 32, of 349 N. First St., Wilmington, was arrested in January. She is charged with neglect of a disabled person, obstructing justice and concealing a fugitive.

Riordan allegedly accepted a $10,000 payment from Southwood. He allegedly paid her to keep quiet about the sexual abuse, police said.

Her trial is postponed until February.

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news2007/01_02/2007_01_01_HeraldNews_BestNews.htm

Lawrence L. Southwood

Housed: Menard Correctional Center
Admission: 01/04/2007

Offense: 3 counts Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault-Handicapped
Sentence: 30 years each count

Offense: 2 counts Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse-Victim 13-16
Sentence: 7 years each count

Projected Parole Date: 12/24/2056

I have not yet found any sentencing information on the mother. However, she is not incarcerated at this time.

POSTED: 7:39 pm CDT May 14, 2007
JOLIET, Ill. -- The mother had faced an additional charge of criminal neglect of a disabled person, but prosecutors dropped it to spare her daughter having to testify at a trial.A Wilmington mother was sentenced to five-and-a-half years in prison on Monday after being convicted of accepting hush money from a man who molested her disabled daughter.Kimberly Riordan, 33, plead guilty to accepting $10,000 from 69-year-old Lawrence Southwood, who was a caregiver for Riordan's daughter. Southwood is serving a 104-year prison term for sexual abuse. "It seems you've made some seriously bad choices in your life that have had some serious consequences for your children," Will County judge Amy Bertani-Tomczak told the woman Monday. Southwood is serving a 104-year sentence after being convicted in August of aggravated criminal sexual assault in the case of the disabled girl. The woman apologized before being sentenced Monday, saying, "Most of all, I want to apologize to my children." Her lawyer said he plans to ask the judge to consider a shorter sentence, calling the 65 months "excessive." Relatives have custody of the woman's three children under the supervision of the Department of Children and Family Services.

http://exposemolesters.blogspot.com/2007/05/yosef-meystel-is-dangerous-criminal-and.html

However, per usual she didn't even do that much time, since she is already out. Will double check.

ETA: She's not in IL DOC and she's not in Will County Jail.

Kimberly Riordan

Admit Date: 06/01/2007
Release Date: 11/22/2009

Actual Time Served: 2 years 5 months 21 days

jesus christ.

i come over from the missing section after alisa is found alive and walk into this garbage.

someone should have taken care of her in prison if you get my drift. :(

and no, mr lawyer, 65 monthis is NOT excessive when your client sold her daughter like a piece of meat :(

I wish all the mothers who sell their children could be locked up!
They might not get thousands of dollars handed to them, but how many turn a blind eye so they can keep their "man" etc.

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKT
Back