IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if wearing a vest a bullet that entered though the unprotected axillary region (armpit) could exit through the posterior/lateral aspect of neck . I recently heard of this happening in an unrelated story, military if my memory serves me well.

Wouldn't be hard to have that happen during a struggle.

TY again. This is as expert on CNN just stated. He brought a vest with him, too. JMO

IDK if this is enlightening, but seems strange to me that
no minutes for Fox Lake Bd of Police Commissioners were posted since Feb & Mar.
Noting here just a few employment matters discussed in minutes. Could have missed something.

Start at link http://www.foxlake.org/Archive.aspx
- select "Fire & Police Commission Minutes" archive,
- select meeting date,
- read.

The minutes go back to Oct 2013, w ~ 13 meeting dates to current. although for multiple dates, no meetings took place, due either to inclement weather or lack of quorum.

Oct 1, 2013..... item re list of charges against Officer Tom O----, announce spec meeting Oct 8 re whether Commission will conduct hearing.
June 3 2014 ..... item re setting Aug arbitration hearing for Tom O----.
Dec 2 2104 ...... item re further extension of probation for Officer Llenza.
Dec 22, 2014.... Russell Todd Ebbing is sworn in as new LEO, starts at academy in Jan.
Jan 6, 2015...... Office Llenza submitted letter of resignation. Arbitrator award ordered Tom O. be reinstated, given 30 day suspension. He has reported back to work.
Feb 3, 2015 .... no meeting, lack of quorum.
Mar 3, 2015.....Ditto
No posted minutes since Mar.

Alerting on own post, to ask Mod about IDing PD personnel ^ here.

I'm over the "sources close to the investigation" BS. I want to hear and see Dr. Rudd say that the devastating singular shot was to the torso. JMO..........I'm beginning to think that we have some serious science-deniers opposed to the ME. Rudd has reportedly said that he leans toward homicide as mode of death, but he needs ballistics results, and trajectories etc, to reach a conclusion. What is the big hold-up and why????

Rudd has reportedly said that he leans toward homicide as mode of death, but he needs ballistics results, and trajectories etc, to reach a conclusion. What is the big hold-up and why????

That's what I find so bizarre about this case.

"Barring the arrest of suspects and with so many unknowns, Dr. Rudd said he could be months away from making a ruling on Lt. Gliniewicz's manner of death." SOURCE - http://abc7chicago.com/news/investigators-accuse-coroner-of-jeopardizing-fox-lake-case/977112/

Also, sources told FOX 32 that Gliniewicz was also shot in the vest, the bullet hitting his cell phone which was clipped on the vest, and that the shell casing was found a considerable distance away from where his body and the second shell casing was discovered.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/18717002-story

Behan and Fox Lake Mayor Donny Schmit also offered some clarity about whether Gliniewicz had been planning to retire at the time he was killed. Both the former chief and the mayor said Gliniewicz had talked about retiring soon but had not submitted any formal paperwork to that effect. Schmit said the officer had discussed the prospect of retiring at the end of the year but had also considered moving that up to the end of September.

Behan said Gliniewicz had also been a recent candidate for the job of police chief in Antioch, the officer's hometown. Antioch officials were not available to confirm that Wednesday. The village announced the hiring of a new chief, Steve Huffman, in August.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-police-shooting-met-0910-20150909-story.html

Also Wednesday, the village released a statement saying that, at the time of Gliniewicz's death, the village had been in the process of conducting an "inventory review" of Police Department procedures and equipment that was prompted by former Chief Michael Behan's retirement Aug. 28. Gliniewicz had "participated in this process," the statement said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-police-shooting-met-0910-20150909-story.html

bbm

Ok Quoting myself again. You know when you are outside waxing you vehicle all kinds of thoughts are swirling around in my brain.

So what process did GI Joe participate in? And what was the process that caused the chief to take a retirement? How deep was Joe involved in the process and what did he see or hear that may cause someone to feel that he could cause trouble down the road. And is this why they have taken baby steps with his family, possible to see if he told them or one what he was doing as far as the processing was concerned. IDK maybe I should stick to waxing. jmo idk
bbm

I'm glad that Rudd spoke out, imo he is not the one putting the investigation at risk, the LE is. I'm glad these "internal" issues are being brought out into the light, and hopefully the exposure will force LE to give the ME what he needs to make his report. I fear that Rudd is under tremendous pressure from LE to rule this death a certain way, and I'm glad he's not caving in to the pressure. Whatever the truth is be it suicide, accident or murder, the truth needs to come out, but I think there are some who may not want it to if it's going to make some look bad. JMO.

This public "shaming" of Rudd by LE is just wrong. It is the way LE has handled this case and the statements they have made that has been causing controversy. People have known there was something "hinky" about this case before Rudd spoke out. I get the impression LE is desperately trying to force Rudd to make conclusions he's not prepared to make in order to force the desired outcome of this investigation and that is very concerning.

Not sure what I said that is wrong, I did not say he was found at precision chrome. His car was found parked in front of a closed gate to a business that is closed. And to tell the truth the car is closer to precision chrome then the prairie material yard. And as far as I know the location where his body was found has not been released. But the MSM article I posted says 50 yards, it does not say in what direction of the car that was parked at the gate that was closed.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...2!3m1!1s0x880f7805bcb27aab:0x2e0ede61044ec752

His car was found on the left of this map,pretty much where the first Honing Rd is printed on the rd by the pond in the bottom left of the map. It sure looks closer to Precision Chrome then Prairie Material to me. jmo idk

bbm

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vicinity\\

Elley Mae,

I made up a map on this case about 10 days ago. The link is below:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kdNsSY53CGeU&usp=sharing

ABC7 does too!

LOL. I think they all do. I checked the recent CNN report online, looking to see if Rudd's statement was paraphrased or in quotes. The "devastating wound" was in quotes, followed by the *to the torso*. Still have found no Rudd quotes which include "torso". If he said it off the record it should have stayed off the record. Picky picky, I know. JMO

I guess this is an indication why at the end of a solved murder, at the final press conference, the guy thanks all the different agencies for working together in order to catch a killer.

I guess a bunch of grown men working together in order to solve a murder really is something to be grateful for and praised, this case is glaring proof of it.

Cops Bash Coroner for Speaking About Slain Fox Lake Police Lieutenant
“All of the progress made since this tragic incident is potentially in jeopardy,” a task force commander said.

By JOSEPH HOSEY (Patch Staff)
September 10, 2015

http://patch.com/illinois/crystallake/cops-bash-coroner-speaking-slain-fox-lake-police-lieutenant

On Wednesday, Rudd told Patch that a “single devastating gunshot wound” took the life of Fox Lake police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz. Rudd also said he has not yet been provided with enough information to rule on the cause or manner of Gliniewicz’s death.

“Right now we can’t say if it’s an accident, homicide or suicide,” he said. Rudd did note that, for now, “We are leaning in favor of homicide.”

On Thursday, Rudd said the fatal shot struck Gliniewicz in his torso, contradicting an ABC “I-Team” report that one round went into the back of the lieutenant’s neck and another hit his bulletproof vest.

“That’s not true,” Rudd said.​

Cops Bash Coroner for Speaking About Slain Fox Lake Police Lieutenant
“All of the progress made since this tragic incident is potentially in jeopardy,” a task force commander said.

By JOSEPH HOSEY (Patch Staff)
September 10, 2015

http://patch.com/illinois/crystallake/cops-bash-coroner-speaking-slain-fox-lake-police-lieutenant

On Wednesday, Rudd told Patch that a “single devastating gunshot wound” took the life of Fox Lake police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz. Rudd also said he has not yet been provided with enough information to rule on the cause or manner of Gliniewicz’s death.

“Right now we can’t say if it’s an accident, homicide or suicide,” he said. Rudd did note that, for now, “We are leaning in favor of homicide.”

On Thursday, Rudd said the fatal shot struck Gliniewicz in his torso, contradicting an ABC “I-Team” report that one round went into the back of the lieutenant’s neck and another hit his bulletproof vest.

“That’s not true,” Rudd said.​

FTA:

"Filenko claimed the coroner may have undone all his investigators have accomplished since the lieutenant was found shot to death nine days ago.

“All of the progress made since this tragic incident is potentially in jeopardy,” said Filenko."

What progress? It seems to me LE are the ones jeopardizing this investigation by not giving Rudd what he needs to make his report. Add to that this public mud-slinging which gives one the impression that they're trying to force the ME to come to a certain conclusion, and it seems clear to me it is not Rudd anyone needs to worry about!

It almost seems like the ME is being set up to take the fall so LE won't have to solve this case.

However Lt. Gliniewicz died is a real tragedy. There is simply no good reason to obfuscate, delay skew, or manipulate any evidence in the investigation of his death. There should be NO agenda but discovering the truth. Whatever it is. LE is accusing Rudd of leaking information, while "sources close to the investigation" have been doing just that since day1! Who are these "sources"? LE??? Who else is close to the investigation? GRRRRRR JMO

Behan said Gliniewicz had also been a recent candidate for the job of police chief in Antioch, the officer's hometown. Antioch officials were not available to confirm that Wednesday. The village announced the hiring of a new chief, Steve Huffman, in August.

No clue why Antioch officials just happened to be not able for the media to available to confirm that Lt. Gliniewiicz was a recent candidate for the position of Police Chief. Lt. Gliniewicz stated that he did apply.

This public "shaming" of Rudd by LE is just wrong. It is the way LE has handled this case and the statements they have made that has been causing controversy. People have known there was something "hinky" about this case before Rudd spoke out. I get the impression LE is desperately trying to force Rudd to make conclusions he's not prepared to make in order to force the desired outcome of this investigation and that is very concerning.

No doubt. They are already preparing the public for no answers with phrases like it could be months and this is a marathon-not a sprint.

Elley Mae,

I made up a map on this case about 10 days ago. The link is below:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kdNsSY53CGeU&usp=sharing

I have also been mapping the details in this case. I was able to find the officer's (public info) home address and I considered the route that he most likely took that day. Long story short, his claimed reason for stopping and for being at that location. For one thing, there is no entrance to the old concrete plant from the highway, so if the lieutenant spotted someone while "on his way to work" he would have had to double back and then drive through the industrial complex. Also, there is a public "bike path" along that highway and how suspicious would three guys be along that path? Thirdly, the view of anyone on foot from the highway while driving in either direction would not be an easy observation to make. (and again, the only road in is through the industrial complex.) Finally, the location where the officers car (and body) was found in clearly more than a couple minutes away from the highway when you account for the time to observe the three individuals, make a radio call, find the way in and drive through the industrial complex. . .

Sadly, I am leaning more and more towards the belief that this was a suicide made to look like an "officer killed in action" event.

P.S. @Steelman, you have a lot of skills with Google Maps. I sure could use your help with the Map and Group linked to in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968