IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, if he was shot in the torso, where is his bullet proof vest in all of this ? Has his vest been removed from the equation now ?

O/T-- Looks as if all the ads on the Websleuths pages finally overwhelmed the server..........it's something to think about.

MSM reported his body was found near 128 Honing Rd. That is closer to the Prairie Material Yard when the address is googled. Precision Chrome is in the opposite direction of where his body was found.

“Please use this website to submit information, pictures, and/or video related to the September 1, 2015 shooting death of police officer Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz in the vicinity of 128 Honing Road in Fox Lake, Illinois,” the page states.

http://www.nwherald.com/2015/09/05/...ontinue-throughout-labor-day-weekend/a81mnnn/

Not sure what I said that is wrong, I did not say he was found at precision chrome. His car was found parked in front of a closed gate to a business that is closed. And to tell the truth the car is closer to precision chrome then the prairie material yard. And as far as I know the location where his body was found has not been released. But the MSM article I posted says 50 yards, it does not say in what direction of the car that was parked at the gate that was closed.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...2!3m1!1s0x880f7805bcb27aab:0x2e0ede61044ec752

His car was found on the left of this map,pretty much where the first Honing Rd is printed on the rd by the pond in the bottom left of the map. It sure looks closer to Precision Chrome then Prairie Material to me. jmo idk

bbm

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vicinity\\

I was a little suspicious from the start when I heard these supposed assailants were two whites and one black. Certainly possible but criminal groups don't tend to follow affimative action guidlines.

If what's been reported today about the gunshot to the torso being the shot that killed Lt G, does anyone still think it's a suicide?

Torso shot makes it seem less likely to be suicide, to me. If you want to die right away you should probably shoot yourself in the head. Still, I can only see it as an accident if he really WAS chasing people, in which case, there ARE people out there to look for. And if all three are not the shooters, I see no reason not to come forth and explain what was going on. Also, does this new information mean the he was NOT wearing a vest? JMO

I am not seeing where Rudd says the torso shot was the kill shot. Does anyone have a link where Dr Rudd says it and not MSM saying that is what he is saying. TIA.

You have to wonder where this "shot to the back of the neck" came from. Certainly spin, clearly with a motive. I doubt that EMS reported anything of the kind, so I am left to thinking that it had to be from those who witnessed the autopsy. Not from Rudd, who performed it. JMO

I was a little suspicious from the start when I heard these supposed assailants were two whites and one black. Certainly possible but criminal groups don't tend to follow affimative action guidlines.

Remember the unknown black guy who Susan Smith claimed hijacked her and drowned her kids? JMO

I think it depends on the racial makeup of the area. Where I am it would actually make perfect sense if it were drug related.

My state is very predominantly white and the way the heroin trafficking works here (heroin is our biggest drug issue) is someone (statistically an African American) comes up from NYC or CT with a big load of drugs and meets up with a local drug dealer (statistically white) who often brings a friend for protection.

Most of the big drug arrests in my area are two local white guys and then a black guy from Brooklyn or Hartford.

I don't know if that's the case here though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the link. My eyes about fell out of my head when I read:

"Three officers were present at the autopsy performed later that night, officials have said. Rudd and Major Crimes Task Force Commander George Filenko have both stated they have not spoken directly to each other."

Can someone tell me if that is common to have so many officers in the autopsy room when a fellow officer has been killed? I am also wondering about the lack of communication between Filenko and Rudd. Is that typical in that type of professional relationship?

Many Thanks!

It appears that there are internal problems, I am guessing that is why the bad mouthing of the coroner. jmo idk

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...g-met-0911-20150910-story.html#navtype=outfit

In Lake County, as in other jurisdictions, politics and policing are inextricable, and the law enforcement officials charged with working together are also enmeshed in campaign battles and disputes over major cases.

Sheriff Mark Curran, for example, recently opened his campaign to replace State's Attorney Mike Nerheim by attacking the prosecutor's efforts to eliminate wrongful convictions, which plagued the county under former State's Attorney Michael Waller. Nerheim's campaign manager pointed out changes he brought to the office and his willingness to drop cases contradicted by evidence.

Rudd has frequently criticized the case against Melissa Calusinski, a day care worker convicted of killing a toddler in Lincolnshire in 2009. Nerheim has reviewed the evidence and defended the case. Filenko helped take her confession.

You have to wonder where this "shot to the back of the neck" came from. Certainly spin, clearly with a motive. I doubt that EMS reported anything of the kind, so I am left to thinking that it had to be from those who witnessed the autopsy. Not from Rudd, who performed it. JMO

I think it's a play on words. back of the neck versus side of the neck. jmo idk

I think it depends on the racial makeup of the area. Where I am it would actually make perfect sense if it were drug related.

My state is very predominantly white and the way the heroin trafficking works here (heroin is our biggest drug issue) is someone (statistically an African American) comes up from NYC or CT with a big load of drugs and meets up with a local drug dealer (statistically white) who often brings a friend for protection.

Most of the big drug arrests in my area are two local white guys and then a black guy from Brooklyn or Hartford.

I don't know if that's the case here though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I see what you mean, but THIS place is a pretty unlikely place and time for a big drug deal to be going down IMO. A logical one if kids are involved, though. JMO

Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was shot twice, once in his vest and once “somewhere else,” with the latter shot ultimately killing the Fox Lake cop, according to a new report from FOX32, citing sources. The bullet that killed him has been recovered from his body.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/10/lt-charles-joseph-gliniewicz-shot-twice-report-says/

"I think it's necessary that it's stated that there are no shots to the head or neck," Rudd told Fox News on Thursday. "The devastating wound is below the neck, that's all I can say as far as the position."

Not sure what I said that is wrong, I did not say he was found at precision chrome. His car was found parked in front of a closed gate to a business that is closed. And to tell the truth the car is closer to precision chrome then the prairie material yard. And as far as I know the location where his body was found has not been released. But the MSM article I posted says 50 yards, it does not say in what direction of the car that was parked at the gate that was closed.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...2!3m1!1s0x880f7805bcb27aab:0x2e0ede61044ec752

His car was found on the left of this map,pretty much where the first Honing Rd is printed on the rd by the pond in the bottom left of the map. It sure looks closer to Precision Chrome then Prairie Material to me. jmo idk

bbm

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vicinity\\

I'm going by the address given by the FBI. It comes up closest to Prairie Material on google maps. The info on the address from the FBI is the most current information on the location the body was found. I'm just trying to stick with the most recent information provided by LE.

By the way, if he was shot in the torso, where is his bullet proof vest in all of this ? Has his vest been removed from the equation now ?

O/T-- Looks as if all the ads on the Websleuths pages finally overwhelmed the server..........it's something to think about.

I have the same question. I'm not sure if he was wearing a bullet proof vest. I don't think that's been confirmed yet.

Also, sources told FOX 32 that Gliniewicz was also shot in the vest, the bullet hitting his cell phone which was clipped on the vest, and that the shell casing was found a considerable distance away from where his body and the second shell casing was discovered.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/18717002-story

Behan and Fox Lake Mayor Donny Schmit also offered some clarity about whether Gliniewicz had been planning to retire at the time he was killed. Both the former chief and the mayor said Gliniewicz had talked about retiring soon but had not submitted any formal paperwork to that effect. Schmit said the officer had discussed the prospect of retiring at the end of the year but had also considered moving that up to the end of September.

Behan said Gliniewicz had also been a recent candidate for the job of police chief in Antioch, the officer's hometown. Antioch officials were not available to confirm that Wednesday. The village announced the hiring of a new chief, Steve Huffman, in August.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-police-shooting-met-0910-20150909-story.html

Also Wednesday, the village released a statement saying that, at the time of Gliniewicz's death, the village had been in the process of conducting an "inventory review" of Police Department procedures and equipment that was prompted by former Chief Michael Behan's retirement Aug. 28. Gliniewicz had "participated in this process," the statement said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-police-shooting-met-0910-20150909-story.html

bbm

I'm going by the address given by the FBI. It comes up closest to Prairie Material on google maps. The info on the address from the FBI is the most current information on the location the body was found. I'm just trying to stick with the most recent information provided by LE.

I've looked for the fbi link that states that, can't find it do you have a link to that info. TIA

OK. Now the shot is below the neck. A devastating shot to the BACK is clearly a homicide. So why dance around it? A shot to the torso has to be investigated more precisely to determine the mode of death. Earlier, there was mention of a shot to the abdomen, which the vest protected. This is where the VEST business entered the picture. Vest or not? If the shot was to the torso, does this mean the vest story is wrong??? Jeeze. JMO

OK. Now the shot is below the neck. A devastating shot to the BACK is clearly a homicide. So why dance around it? A shot to the torso has to be investigated more precisely to determine the mode of death. Earlier, there was mention of a shot to the abdomen, which the vest protected. This is where the VEST business entered the picture. Vest or not? If the shot was to the torso, does this mean the vest story is wrong??? Jeeze. JMO

Now wondering if there is injury to the neck is it an exit wound?

I've looked for the fbi link that states that, can't find it do you have a link to that info. TIA

MSM reported his body was found near 128 Honing Rd. That is closer to the Prairie Material Yard when the address is googled. Precision Chrome is in the opposite direction of where his body was found.

“Please use this website to submit information, pictures, and/or video related to the September 1, 2015 shooting death of police officer Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz in the vicinity of 128 Honing Road in Fox Lake, Illinois,” the page states.

http://www.nwherald.com/2015/09/05/...ontinue-throughout-labor-day-weekend/a81mnnn/

The address is on the last paragraph of the above article.

It is also the address given in the FBI link seeking tips

https://tips.fbi.gov/digitalmedia/9b581e7f20e66b8

Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was shot twice, once in his vest and once “somewhere else,” with the latter shot ultimately killing the Fox Lake cop, according to a new report from FOX32, citing sources. The bullet that killed him has been recovered from his body.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/10/lt-charles-joseph-gliniewicz-shot-twice-report-says/

"I think it's necessary that it's stated that there are no shots to the head or neck," Rudd told Fox News on Thursday. "The devastating wound is below the neck, that's all I can say as far as the position."

Quoting myself, I would think that a coroner would be able to say what bullet it is, whether it be a 9mm or a 45. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl