IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:7:52 a.m. Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz calls dispatch, reports three men acting “suspicious.” 7:55 a.m. Gliniewicz calls in for backup. (At some point, the three suspects ran into a swamp.) 8:01 a.m. Additional officers arrive. 8:09 a.m. The officers find Gliniewicz’s body.
Lt. Joseph Gliniewicz died on 9/1/2015 and to date no one has been named a suspect or arrested. In fact, the police in Fox Lake, Chicago are reluctant to release much information to the public at all. They are careful in how they word things, careful with just what is being released.
The corner is stating that he cannot release the findings of the autopsy until police give him everything they have so, we still do not know if the shooting was murder, accidental or suicide and if the corner could rule it a homicide although he isn't going to.
Something about this shooting is not adding up. The suspects just vanished into thin air? Were they were armed and then took the gun with them? They used the officers gun and had the time to wipe it of prints before other officers arrived? Did Lt. Gliniewicz get any shots off? Why has the autopsy report not been released?
All questions that have not been answered. So why not?
A few conversations are leading to Lt. Gliniewicz committing suicide due to primarily, the absence of any real up to date information being released by the police.
We have fear mongers trying to cause worry over mass DNA collection.
As well as police and government cover-ups and of course several conspiracy theories yet nothing that would bring us closer to what really did happen.

What no one has, to date are the facts of the case the only fact we all have is that one upstanding police officer has died in the line of duty. The public is asked to assist but with what? The police are refusing the release any real information, you cannot ask for help if you are misinforming or under-informing the public. You end up with exactly where it is today. Nowhere, no leads, no suspects no arrests.
That said:
Quite simply IMO, looking at it logically, Lt. Gliniewiecz died in an accidental shooting, either caused by another or himself. The police in Chicago rushed to judgement because police fear the public right now and mistakenly ruled it a homicide in the beginning without any evidence what so ever, thus the FBI, SWAT, etc jumped in to lend assistance. The further along the police got with the investigation the initial story of murder started to crumble. The video's have nothing on them that would indicate anyone shot the officer and then fled the crime scene so they have nothing to substantiate this officer was murdered and they are not quite ready to admit it.
I never mean to offend, upset or hurt others when I publish my findings. I utilize facts, careful analysis and investigative skills to develop a finding, I do not publish my findings because a media outlet "quotes" someone. I do not regurgitate what the media says nor do I publish findings to appease public opinion and I play no favorites.
This isn't a murder investigation, "three" individuals ran from police and then an officer was found dead. The police are looking for "three" men, two white one African American.
So why "if" the "three" individuals have nothing to hide, haven't they come forward? Put yourself into that position, no not shoes put yourself into living after this hit the media as a murder investigation now death investigation according to the latest statement by pd. Really live life as one or all three men, live it, breath it, be it. You'll answer your own question once you do that.
As I said that the findings would be inconclusive, no official report has been made yet because pd won't give info to the coroner. In case you are confused by official report vs what someone tells the media. After they do the manner of death is going to be one of two findings, inconclusive or accidental. More likely than not inconclusive so pd can save face and state they are still seeking suspects.
This is not a murder plain and simple. We are not going to find "three" suspects who did much of anything.
This is an accidental shooting and I have other cases to look at.

looking4OPH ~ AC360 9/9 is On Demand if you have Comcast. Fast forward to 0.34 mins.

WS isn't working for me today - hope post goes through.

Thanks. 9/9 not available online. I'll look via TV later.

Yeah, WS has been a real mess today. Although not real helpful, this Twitter account seems to have some connection: https://twitter.com/websleuths Hope you enjoyed some chocolate today :happydance:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...2!3m1!1s0x880f7805bcb27aab:0x2e0ede61044ec752

At this image you can see trailers at the top center, iirc they are 53' long.

At the center just below the trailers is the rd and approximately where the car was found.

http://fox6now.com/2015/09/06/its-b...-prepare-to-say-goodbye-to-lt-joe-gliniewicz/

The lieutenant made the first call at 7:52 a.m. and called three minutes later to request backup. The backup units arrived at 8:01 and found their fellow officer dead, roughly 50 yards from his vehicle, at 8:09.

bbm 50 yards from the vehicle, that's 150 feet or three trailers. He was Probably found in the bottom center on the map picture. jmo idk

Previous MSM reports indicate his body was found nearest to 128 Honing Rd. That is near where Prairie Material is listed on Google Maps. Very far right on your map.

shooting death of police officer Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz in the vicinity of 128 Honing Road in Fox Lake, Illinois.

https://tips.fbi.gov/digitalmedia/9b581e7f20e66b8

Seems the coroner wants his 15 minutes more than anything else. What has he helped by his comments?

He didn't speak until after Filenko put the blame for not having information on him during his presser on Tuesday.

I have more respect for the coroner at this point than I do Filenko who is spinning stories. There is something fishy with the investigation and I get the feeling someone might be trying to press the coroner into doing something he isn't quite comfortable with. I am glad he is standing his ground for the truth to come out.

cmarieclark, great post. I have one question, how could this be an accidental shooting? In a situation like this, how could it even possibly be looked at as accidental?

I am a local and live a few minutes from the crime scene. I have been lurking on this thread and decided to sign up for an account. I agree 100% that they shouldn't be discussing details of the case. This coroner had no business releasing that detail without consent. They are purposely withholding key details because someone will slip up eventually that knows details that were not made public. I believe the Brown's Chicken Murders killer was caught years ago because a witness who testified against him knew a key detail that was never released (that a person vomited on the floor as they were dying). GI Joe is Dead.. It doesn't really help the public if it was his head or any other place. He is still dead. Although this investigation seems a but uncontrolled, but need to let them do their jobs.

Welcome to WS ov10mech! :welcome:

man is websleuths jacked up today or what :crosseyed:

When Filenko speaks, he has a tendency to use words and phrases that one hears a lot but that the way he uses them, isn't quite right. So, I usually end up going to myself, "huh? what did he say?"

A shot to the torso could logically be an accident. Especially if he had his gun pointed toward the suspects while he went after them. All he had to do was trip while chasing them into that thick brush. Seems simple and logical to me.

At this point I'm wondering if all this anger and animosity coming from Filenko is because they don't want to embarrass themselves by saying they jumped the gun with the 14 or so hour search, schools on lockdown when this now appears like a very unfortunate accident.

If what's been reported today about the gunshot to the torso being the shot that killed Lt G, does anyone still think it's a suicide?

If what's been reported today about the gunshot to the torso being the shot that killed Lt G, does anyone still think it's a suicide?

I still wouldn't rule it out, but I'm not really sold on any one theory right now.

I don't think that alone rules out the possibility.

It would definitely be an odd place to shoot oneself if hoping to commit suicide, especially knowing backup would be there soon. Seems like a shot to the head would be more likely in a suicide, better guarantee of "success."

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

A few days ago, there was discussion about why the term killed as opposed to murdered was used. I wonder if the gunshot to the torso and whatever else about the scene that hasn't been released to the public yet, is what prompted that distinction? Maybe LE was thinking it's possible it was an accidental shot, and hoping this would cause the shooter to come forward?

It would be nice to hear from the coroner exactly what he needs from LE to complete his autopsy paperwork. Maybe that will light a fire under someone to get moving on this.

If there are three suspects out there responsible for this pointing fingers at each office saying they are waiting on each other isn't going to help solve the case.

I would think if he accidentally shot himself in the torso tripping...
That the gun would be underneath him?
I thought it was established it was found away from him....

We don't know what position he was in when found, nor do we know where the gun was, other than it was found at the crime scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPACECAT89