IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen any reports that officers heard shots or anyone else heard shots.

I heard several times on CNN yesterday, that the officers did hear shots. I hope someone else heard that also, because I don't have anything but, I heard it on CNN, yesterday. Whether this is true, or bad reporting, CNN did report that.

In this case/timeline, it seems less likely the suspects could report to work and appear "normal" if they had just run through a swamp.
Also, how did they, three people, escape the scene undetected so quickly?
Only six minutes passed before other LE arrived on the scene.
Where or how could the perps hide in such a small window of time?
Where was their vehicle parked if they had one?

All good questions. Unfortunately, we don't know the answers to any of them. Law enforcement isn't talking or sharing anything, which is typical for them. Only after 4 months have gone by and no arrest have been made will they come up with the idea to share important details with the unwashed public. Information that could make a difference NOW. Their "First 48" is just about up, and last I heard there still hasn't been an arrest or even a POI named.

ABC local news is reporting he was on the dirt road part of Honing. There might be video showing the weeds and junk and a for sale sign near the vacant cement plant.

Fox Lake is about 60 miles north west of Chicago and only 22 or so miles south of Lake Geneva, WI. Fox Lake is in Lake County and Chicago is Cook County.

Thanks Cubby.
I guess I assumed people knew Fox Lake is considered within the Chicago area even though it is nothing like nor has anything to do with the city of Chicago.
Back in the day, Fox Lake may as well have been all the way up in Michigan or Wisconsin.
Today, it is considered a suburb of Chicago. My, how times have changed.

There were three males involved.

I think it is a safe bet that at least one or two of them have a girlfriend or a wife.

That's how this case is going to end up being solved, a tip from someone that knows them.

When that is going to happen is the big question.

Thanks Cubby.
I guess I assumed people knew Fox Lake is considered within the Chicago area even though it is nothing like nor has anything to do with the city of Chicago.
Back in the day, Fox Lake may as well have been all the way up in Michigan or Wisconsin.
Today, it is considered a suburb of Chicago. My, how times have changed.

I saw something mentioned in MSM that Fox Lake was north of Chicago and nothing was mentioned about it also being west, so I thought I would add that for non locals...... Milwaukee is north of Chicago and it ticked me off that media outlet neglected to mention west in their description of the location for Fox Lake.

Not that it is relevent to this case, but Al Capone had ties to Fox Lake.

Another thought, what if CG managed to fire his gun and one of the perps was hit?

Former Fox Lake Police Chief Mike Behan, who retired from the police department Friday, three days before Gliniewicz was killed in the line of duty, said he loved Gliniewicz and his family.

From the same Daily Herald link I posted above.

I wasn't aware the police chief had retired just a few days ago.

Didn't one of the details today say the officer radioed he was in foot pursuit of one of the three? I would think once the officer started out on his foot chase, he had his gun out/drawn. If so, maybe one of the other two was able to shoot him from a position unknown to the officer, :mad:and the officer's gun dropped when he became incapacitated from the hit? And that's why his gun was found near him?? IDK? Just thinking of possible scenarios.

They've played the final radio call a few times on our local tv news. I will try and find a link. He doesn't sound out of breath or concerned of any danger at all. Not to himself or anyone in the area. I thought he sounded rather calm and at ease during both calls.

bb after I look for a link to the radio call.

ETA I can't find it quickly and have to run out soon. Can someone please find it? tia

They've played the final radio call a few times on our local tv news. I will try and find a link. He doesn't sound out of breath or concerned of any danger at all. Not to himself or anyone in the area. I thought he sounded rather calm and at ease during both calls.

bb after I look for a link to the radio call.

ETA I can't find it quickly and have to run out soon. Can someone please find it? tia

Lt.Gliniewicz's Radio Call in video at link:

http://abc7chicago.com/news/fox-lake-manhunt-ends-after-officer-killed/966463/

This link also shows some of the road and surrounding area.

The area where Lt.Gliniewicz was found doesn't seem like the kinda place one just happens upon. What is the likelihood that one or more of the suspects either live nearby or have close ties to the area?

<modsnip>

Another thought I just had about this case has to do with the commuter train line. It's a little out there, but this case is so puzzling and so disturbing so I'll just throw it out there. Could it be that these three came into the area via the commuter train line? Maybe from Chicago? And then set out on foot and purposefully headed to an out of the way area to continue their journey to who knows where once exiting the train? From what I recall reading, this town is the "end of the line" for that commuter route.

Just watched NG's coverage of the murder of GI Joe. I have a thought...In listening to the dispatcher it was first said that there were 2 men, one white, one black. That got me thinking that the third suspect, white, separated from the other two during the chase, ambushed the deputy, took his gun, and shot him.

Just watched NG's coverage of the murder of GI Joe. I have a thought...In listening to the dispatcher it was first said that there were 2 men, one white, one black. That got me thinking that the third suspect, white, separated from the other two during the chase, ambushed the deputy, took his gun, and shot him.

If you listen to the link with the call a few posts up thread his words are translated he clearly said two white a (or one) black.

Where ABC is posting inaudible, I think that is where he says swamp. It sounds like swamp to me.

Rosa Flores (@RosaFlores): https://twitter.com/RosaFlores?s=09

Several thousand people gather to pay respects to slain Fox Lake officer. #rip https://t.co/jD8kMTqAcK

I just watched his wife speak and his four sons. Wow. Just wow. He was so loved and loved so much. I hope they catch these guys and fast and this violence ends. These men and women go work every night putting their lives on the line hoping to come home to their families while we all sit at home praying they do. I pray that it ends soon and everyone stays safe.

I just watched his wife speak and his four sons. Wow. Just wow. He was so loved and loved so much. I hope they catch these guys and fast and this violence ends. These men and women go work every night putting their lives on the line hoping to come home to their families while we all sit at home praying they do. I pray that it ends soon and everyone stays safe.
I had tears running down my face. From all accounts that I have seen, he was a dedicated Officer & family man. It is absolutely heartbreaking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindzk86