IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my reply to those who suggested, rather demanded, an apology for my even suggesting the possibility of suicide when there was no evidence found to support the radio call reporting 3 suspicious suspects.

To the best of my recollection, you were the first person to realize that something was fishy here -- and this was before 95% of the current fishiness had come to light.

The fact about the suspects, who were cleared several days ago but are now back to being POI's, has me really scratching my head.

I sure hope the case doesn't take a turn for the worse ending up hurting even more people.

I think the three they cleared via receipts and video are not the ones they are still thinking are POI and are the ones Gliniewicz would have called in about it. This would be two totally different sets of two white/one black.

I would hate for LE for to be so quick to pin this on anyone that they grab the first group of people who don't have a solid alibi for that day.
Can you imagine if that group from the videos didn't have eye witnesses and receipts to prove they weren't there what could have happened to them?

Yeah that's just an average- I'm sure much lower or non-existent in instances of a more cushy detail.

Thanks for the court update- so he has not bailed out yet... Why are they holding him?

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

For two counts of disorderly conduct which are Class 4 felonies.
Battaglia made threatening phone calls stating he would harm Filenko and Rudd if they didn't declare Gliniewicz's death a suicide.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/09...-investigators-in-fox-lake-cop-shooting-case/

I think the three they cleared via receipts and video are not the ones they are still thinking are POI and are the ones Gliniewicz would have called in about it. This would be two totally different sets of two white/one black.

I would hate for LE for to be so quick to pin this on anyone that they grab the first group of people who don't have a solid alibi for that day.
Can you imagine if that group from the videos didn't have eye witnesses and receipts to prove they weren't there what could have happened to them?

Yeah, I'm hoping they've dropped the BOLO for the "salt and pepper trio".

For what it is worth.

I have family and friends in Federal LE and I just talked to someone who knows someone in Fed Illinois LE and they said they all (in Illinois) pretty much think this was suicide.

So this isn't just a bunch of us silly Internet conspiracy folks. :-) It seems everyone is talking about this and most people are suspecting suicide.

For what it is worth.

I have family and friends in Federal LE and I just talked to someone who knows someone in Fed Illinois LE and they said they all (in Illinois) pretty much think this was suicide.

So this isn't just a bunch of us silly Internet conspiracy folks. :-) It seems everyone is talking about this and most people are suspecting suicide.

Earlier locals checked in to say the only place they'd seen mention of suicide was here.

Interesting.

This is my reply to those who suggested, rather demanded, an apology for my even suggesting the possibility of suicide when there was no evidence found to support the radio call reporting 3 suspicious suspects.

I am sorry I was not on the forum when that happened because I would have backed you. I am rather outspoken if you haven't noticed. Not much for PC feelings when I need to get a point across. :-)

Prompted by some of today's posts as well as by a couple of today's news stories, I have been thinking about Commander Filenko.

From the very beginning, he has struck me as odd. I think I have mentioned before, the way he phrases things strike me as just slightly off kilter. Combine that with how he has run this investigation, which has just been over the top, imo. Dozens of search dogs, guys with their jungle camouflage (or is it desert camouflage?), house to house searches, wholesale collecting of DNA, sending in the weed whacker crew, the circus surrounding the head of state funeral. etc., etc.

I have finally hit on an explanation that satisfies myself for the moment, at least. Filenko is a perfect example of ‘the peter principle’ and unless he can be overcome, there will never be a rightful conclusion to this investigation. I looked up “peter principle” just to be sure I understood it correctly (I think I do) and found this quote which seems applicable in this case. José Ortega y Gasset, a Spanish philosopher once said: "All public employees should be demoted to their immediately lower level, as they have been promoted until turning incompetent."

Anyhow, just my opinion and something I have been thinking about.

Earlier locals checked in to say the only place they'd seen mention of suicide was here.

Interesting.

My friend said it sounded like they started to suspect it right around the holiday weekend.
I am a member of a LE board where it was discussed as well but so many don't like to talk about Suicide and the main stream media were so careful not to mention it.

And I doubt most Fed LE would be discussing it much outside coworkers and such early on.

Authorities investigating possibility of suicide in shooting death

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/1...ibility-suicide-in-shooting-death-ill-police/

Thanks for the link KEVINinTO. I have to admit, I was one who did not think suicide was likely, but the latest info from fox linked by KEVINinTO really sounds like it may have been. I know nada about guns and bullets and stipling, etc. Question for the posters who do, does the distance the bullets were found from Lt G's body seem likely if he fired the shots himself? Gosh, it was such a narrow window of time from his last radio communication to when the first officer arrived on the scene.....so close to witnessing what went down. I wanted to add that I truly appreciate everyone's input and theories, whether they align with my ideas or not. So many smart, thoughtful people here.

To the best of my recollection, you were the first person to realize that something was fishy here -- and this was before 95% of the current fishiness had come to light.

And OHHHHH the fallout! JMO

Yes, I was. I had that horrible sinking feeling the moment it was confirmed the only evidence regarding three suspects was the radio call. We can't go back and review that post though because my post regarding that theory was removed, presumably after being alerted by those offended by the suggestion.

I am glad that msm now supports the truth coming out, because it is my understanding the goal of WS is to get to the truth.

Maybe now that msm has confirmed that theory the mods will make those posts viewable again. The evidence was always there to support the theory.

Yup, I remember thinking how I wished you hadn't posted that, but as much as I didn't like it, it made all too horrible sense at the same time. I remember thinking the description of the suspects just sounded off, that it sounded strange that Lt.Gliniewicz asked the Mayor for reassurance that the Explorer group he worked with would continue after he was gone, and there not being any clue who these suspects were and how they just vanished without a clue, but with everything happening I hadn't really had a chance to think things through until your first post theorizing suicide, then after seeing your post I knew this could be a real possibility. I'm starting to think the media is going to report that the Coroner ruled a suicide sometime this week, maybe by the end of the week.

Thanks for the link KEVINinTO. I have to admit, I was one who did not think suicide was likely, but the latest info from fox linked by KEVINinTO really sounds like it may have been. I know nada about guns and bullets and stipling, etc. Question for the posters who do, does the distance the bullets where found from Lt G's body seem likely if he fired the shots himself? Gosh, it was such a narrow window of time from his last radio communication to when the first officer arrived on the scene.....so close to witnessing what went down. I wanted to add that I truly appreciate everyone's input and theories, whether they align with my ideas or not. So many smart, thoughtful people here.

We still do not know his timeline. He may have been in that location a while, before he called in. The shot to his bullet proof vest could have already happened before he reported the 3 perps. No evidence of that, and so far none to dispute it. JMO

Prompted by some of today's posts as well as by a couple of today's news stories, I have been thinking about Commander Filenko.

From the very beginning, he has struck me as odd. I think I have mentioned before, the way he phrases things strike me as just slightly off kilter. Combine that with how he has run this investigation, which has just been over the top, imo. Dozens of search dogs, guys with their jungle camouflage (or is it desert camouflage?), house to house searches, wholesale collecting of DNA, sending in the weed whacker crew, the circus surrounding the head of state funeral. etc., etc.

I have finally hit on an explanation that satisfies myself for the moment, at least. Filenko is a perfect example of ‘the peter principle’ and unless he can be overcome, there will never be a rightful conclusion to this investigation. I looked up “peter principle” just to be sure I understood it correctly (I think I do) and found this quote which seems applicable in this case. José Ortega y Gasset, a Spanish philosopher once said: "All public employees should be demoted to their immediately lower level, as they have been promoted until turning incompetent."

Anyhow, just my opinion and something I have been thinking about.

I think it is just an example of a little bit of power has gone to his head.
And I would never in a million years give DNA or allow anyone to search my house without a warrant. PERIOD. I don't care who was murdered, missing etc... Wouldn't happen. So I am appalled so many people gave up their rights in this case and now have their DNA floating around for police (and probably corrupt police) to use anytime they want.

I think the 400 LE manhunt was a result of this was a cop and LE is always looking for an excuse to bring out the toys.

We still do not know his timeline. He may have been in that location a while, before he called in. The shot to his bullet proof vest could have already happened before he reported the 3 perps. No evidence of that, and so far none to dispute it. JMO

Exactly! He could have staged the scene for all we know.

For what it is worth.

Realllllly.... Wow. My jaw is currently traveling to the floor. Man I am pretty naive.

That explains the Feds dropping back....

Thanks for the link KEVINinTO. I have to admit, I was one who did not think suicide was likely, but the latest info from fox linked by KEVINinTO really sounds like it may have been. I know nada about guns and bullets and stipling, etc. Question for the posters who do, does the distance the bullets where found from Lt G's body seem likely if he fired the shots himself? Gosh, it was such a narrow window of time from his last radio communication to when the first officer arrived on the scene.....so close to witnessing what went down. I wanted to add that I truly appreciate everyone's input and theories, whether they align with my ideas or not. So many smart, thoughtful people here.

That crime scene was not secure.

Having ONE casing away from the body means absolutely nothing. He could have thrown a casing, shot his gun from another location and then moved to another to kill himself. Only ONE casing need be near the gun for a suicide and like I said that crime scene was not secure and that casing could have conceivably been moved by another person during the manhunt or even while searching for him initially.

I think he shot himself directly after the last call. He knew they would not get there fast enough to help if he hit his chest correctly.

Realllllly.... Wow. My jaw is currently traveling to the floor. Man I am pretty naive.

That explains the Feds dropping back....

That was the jist of my discussion with him that the feds sort of dropped out after speculation ran to suicide.

LOL I was GRATEFUL that Cubby broached the subject, with credence. I knew what would happen, next. Glad Cubby hung in there. JMO

I knew what would happen next too, and I'm glad Cubby hung in there too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89