IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone's husband arrived on the scene and killed CJG because he found out he was fooling around with his wife.
Maybe CJG was confronted by someone who had some "goods" on him and threatened to reveal or out him for some reason.

Not my own original thought but one I read in comments somewhere else - why did Mrs. G make a public statement that her husband came home to her every night?
The more I thought about it, the comment sounded a little off under the circumstances.
Isn't that what we expect our husbands to do?

I'm not married to a cop, so I'm guessing here, based on what I've heard cops' wives say. They always wonder if he'll come home that night. As in, not get killed by a violent criminal during his shift. As in, it's a constant worry, every time their husband leaves for work, that he won't be coming home that night. I would guess her comment had to do with that.

It doesn't mean that he was a bad person, committed suicide or anything else. It's a silly picture. Who cares?

No one (me) indicated the finger giving pic meant anything other than grown ups having bad manners.
Having young adult children is one of the reasons why I would not pose while holding up my middle finger.
Duchess, with a name like yours, I must say I'm a bit surprised you disagree!

I'm joking with you but I do try to set an example (failing at times) for appearance sake. The young ones need to know they can't just flip off their co-workers or especially their bosses. Or, I hope the police! Yet, if they see the police doing it then they may think why can't I?
This generation seems to be the nobody is better than me generation. Also, respect is earned. I'm going in too deep here but I do believe one thing leads to another and flipping the bird isn't funny because the action can potentially provoke another person.

I'm new here... but live in the area this happened (which of course drove me here to read what you guys think) I missed this Crime Watch Daily interview when it aired but found it online and thought I'd drop the link to share with the rest of you.

http://crimewatchdaily.com/videos/0-a0r66btb/

I'm not married to a cop, so I'm guessing here, based on what I've heard cops' wives say. They always wonder if he'll come home that night. As in, not get killed by a violent criminal during his shift. As in, it's a constant worry, every time their husband leaves for work, that he won't be coming home that night. I would guess her comment had to do with that.

So? How does this explain what I said? Confused.
If anyone loses a spouse for any reason, they won't be coming home anymore.
If you take your example, military spouses have it worse because, often times, for months on end, the spouse doesn't come home at night because they are unable to do so. A lot of professions involve challenges, dangers and absences.

The point, that someone else wrote under an article in the comments section, was meant to suggest that if there ever was another someone, he always came home to me.
The observation the person made regarding the Mrs. making the comment that led to someone having a head tilt thought, was meant as a suggestion I think.
They didn't post it as if it was a proven fact.
To me, the observation was interesting and possibly insightful.

I think of gentleness as a willingness to be vulnerable, to be open to showing emotions, and caring about the feelings of others. This Army veteran in Oregon may or may not have felt that way at the time, but what he was strong...heroic. It took courage to do what he did. Prayers for all the families affected by this.

To me personally, giving the finger is vulgar and disrespectful, especially so because his position as a police officer was quite open on the Facebook site. I hear that it has been scrubbed.

People have many facets, good and bad. It's black and white thinking to imagine that he was different from any other human being, and not a combination of traits and tendencies.

Thank you. I tried replying before but kept losing the post so trying again. I did reread your post. I'm just still at the show me the evidence, any solid evidence someone was there when LT. CG was shot. For example, in yesterdays presser Filenko said that Lt.Gliniewicz hands could have been on the weapon or in close proximity to the gun. I don't want to remwin in a circular discussion on things I posted several times, but I just do not see any evidence to concretely prove Lt.Gliniewicz was not alone when he was shot.

I understand where you are coming from and that is precisely my point. Some of us are looking at it from a homicide point of view saying "prove to me it was suicide" and some of us are looking at it from a suicide point of view saying "prove to me it was homicide." JMO

Woe, do you remember when the Melissa Calusinski case was mentioned earlier in this thread? Filenko was the person who interrogated and illicited what Rudd and others believe to have been a false confession. A false confession that helped to put her in prison. There are better articles than this one which specifically mention Filenko (this one does not) but this will either get you started or jog your memory. Virtually everyone in the State's Attorney Office as well as the Lake County Sheriff's office would like to see Rudd voted out of office in the next election.

This will get you started. I really think this is a very big factor in what is or isn't going on with Filenko, etal.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-a-caregiver-in-prison-for-a-murder-that-never-happened/

Thanks, i.b.nora.
I'm aware of the MC case and believe Rudd's conflicting autopsy interpretation may have upset the apple cart.
Maybe there have been additional conflicts as well.
Rudd has the greater education and experience on his side though.

I don't think he was bad or unkind. i just think our perceptions, or definitions of gentle differ. I don't really have much experience with people with military backgrounds so maybe I just don't equate that tough strong man stuff with gentleness.

Haven't you ever heard of the gentle giant? :heartluv:

I really don't think it is that big of a deal. Maybe because I am married to a comedy writer. He is rebellious and always breaks 'professionalism' and abhors sound judgment if it means he cannot be irreverent.

Do we know the context of that picture?

Just them goofing around.

This post is in relation to the new facts that were released yesterday. Not about details from unnamed sources close to the investigation, (shell casing found 100 feet away) PTSD, or middle fingers on face-book.

Signs of struggle at the crime scene: This is speculation because we don't know the details yet.
One or more people sneak out from behind him at his right side and go immediately for his
holstered gun. (maybe LTs hand is on or near it it, and ready to draw). There is a struggle in the standing position, twirling around and disturbing the vegetation in an immediate radius from where the body was found.

Lets focus on the 2 shots fired at the LT.

1st shot into the vest: Now stand up.....ready?... Imagine a sledge hammer hitting you aprox 4 inches to the right of your belly button. What does your body do? Bend over and lean a little to the right. You would also lose grip of the your gun as this was stated an an incapacitating blow. As your body is bending downward and to the right, where is that gun pointed now? At the left area above the vest at a downward angle into the center of the chest.

Second shot: devastating.

Now look at the motion your body is in. You would hit the ground face down. (which has not been confirmed as far as I know)

9 samples of DNA. We don't know where they were in relation to the LTs body. They have not informed us if any were on his body or not.

Just them goofing around.

Exactly,active people who do dangerous things learn life lessons others aren't able to comprehend.....they don't take themselves seriously, they often tend to share a camaraderie with others like themselves that outsiders are not able to understand.

Well I see he said it, but I think he is wrong about a detective calling cause of death. He should probably walk that back. jmo idk

There is no question about the cause of death, is there?

We all know that he died of a gunshot from his own weapon.

Maybe someone's husband arrived on the scene and killed CJG because he found out he was fooling around with his wife.
Maybe CJG was confronted by someone who had some "goods" on him and threatened to reveal or out him for some reason.

Not my own original thought but one I read in comments somewhere else - why did Mrs. G make a public statement that her husband came home to her every night?
The more I thought about it, the comment sounded a little off under the circumstances.
Isn't that what we expect our husbands to do?

BBM
I took it as that now she knows that he will never be coming home to her again, something she looked forward to every day. A routine. And now she will never know that comfort again. People don't always word thing right when there is so much emotion going on.

I understand where you are coming from and that is precisely my point. Some of us are looking at it from a homicide point of view saying "prove to me it was suicide" and some of us are looking at it from a suicide point of view saying "prove to me it was homicide." JMO

I think this is a good point, D, and I have to fault LE to some extent for how people have become as polarized as they have on this event. They've released very little information, and what they have released (officially and not) has been sometimes contradictory, sometimes withdrawn, but generally inadequate, forcing people to base their speculation off of a lot of assumptions.

Plus, the huge initial manhunt and investigation was really quite over the top...and since then, so far as we can tell, there has been virtually no ongoing investigation, no progress, and notably, no warnings to the public to be concerned about three (at one time) alleged cop killers.

The way that LE has handled this investigation and the release of information has been somewhere between a train wreck and a gong show. That in itself does nothing to instill confidence in the public about their abilities or motives.

I'm new here... but live in the area this happened (which of course drove me here to read what you guys think) I missed this Crime Watch Daily interview when it aired but found it online and thought I'd drop the link to share with the rest of you.

Wow. Just wow. Not once does she make a plea to the killers to come forward and turn themselves in or for anyone with information to come forward. But she does have a message for Obama that we'll have to tune in next week to learn? SMH

Exactly,active people who do dangerous things learn life lessons others aren't able to comprehend.....they don't take themselves seriously, they often tend to share a camaraderie with others like themselves that outsiders are not able to understand.

They're public servants who depend on the public's confidence and cooperation. It's totally inappropriate for paid public professionals to make themselves, and by extension their colleagues, look like buffoons who have no sense of what sort of behavior is appropriate in a public context. When a public servant acts like an idiot in public, whether in person or in the media, they hurt those they work with.

Thanks for the post - I hadn't gotten a chance to watch it till now and wow that was powerful. I feel so bad for this family, and in particular, when the son said people are turning away from them. :(

That said, how rude to go through someone's bushes to try to get an interview! What was the point of that?

Wow. Just wow. Not once does she make a plea to the killers to come forward and turn themselves in or for anyone with information to come forward. But she does have a message for Obama that we'll have to tune in next week to learn? SMH

Wow, just wow...way to judge...how would you act in an interview? I think that they are pretty sure that no killer is going to come forward to confess at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches