IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're public servants who depend on the public's confidence and cooperation. It's totally inappropriate for paid public professionals to make themselves, and by extension their colleagues, look like buffoons who have no sense of what sort of behavior is appropriate in a public context. When a public servant acts like an idiot in public, whether in person or in the media, they hurt those they work with.

Acting like an idiot? I think that is quite a bit harsh. As far as I know these people are still considered victims. :gaah:

They're public servants who depend on the public's confidence and cooperation. It's totally inappropriate for paid public professionals to make themselves, and by extension their colleagues, look like buffoons who have no sense of what sort of behavior is appropriate in a public context. When a public servant acts like an idiot in public, whether in person or in the media, they hurt those they work with.

They're "public servants" not trained circus monkeys.We've had United States Presidents who've behaved far more inappropriately.

It is definitely time for me to go to bed. I am just not very happy about the way this whole thread is headed. This is supposed to be a victim-friendly forum and I have never seen such victim-bashing in I don't know how long. It was only one month ago yesterday and everyone is treating this man and his family as if they are all criminals and I don't like it. I need to leave this discussion for a while. This story hits too close to home and is too emotional for me to try and stay involved.

Wow. Just wow. Not once does she make a plea to the killers to come forward and turn themselves in or for anyone with information to come forward. But she does have a message for Obama that we'll have to tune in next week to learn? SMH

Why on earth would a killer turn themselves in? Or even an accomplice? At this stage they can be hopeful that there is no hard evidence, or a suicide as a MOD. If one of them were to rat out another, it would have been done already. Or in the court room later on. IMO

Also, IMO, if she were to plea for one of them to turn on the others, she would have, or should have done that within days of the incident. But now even she would know that that wouldn't be productive because of the public knowledge of the investigation, and what would be the perspective of the killers knowing what that knowledge is.

Acting like an idiot? I think that is quite a bit harsh. As far as I know these people are still considered victims. :gaah:

What people? I didn't name any. I was speaking about public servants in general. Perhaps you should review my post.

Wow, just wow...way to judge...how would you act in an interview? I think that they are pretty sure that no killer is going to come forward to confess at this point.

So many families beg for media about there loved ones unsolved murder or for their missing family member to be remembered. She gets 10 full minutes on national media and the focus is on PR for her husband, her anger/finger pointing at the coroner and how they are facing financial issues because they haven't gotten his death benefits all because the coroner has not issued a cause of death? Come on, this was purely political. Not a thing to solve the crime. Just some political nonsense to try and influence the coroners decision.

Actually, and this may sound harsh, I dont think she made the plea for suspects to turn themselves in or for anyone to call in tips because she knows deep down inside they don't exist. She gave that away when she said, ,'I wish he would have just talked, I wish he would have just walked' As in talk about his problems or walked away from them rather than taking his life.

Angst and foot stomping over a lack of details surrounding the mysterious circumstances of a small town Police Officer's death have caused some reckless speculation and unfortunate comments directed towards Lt.Joe Gliniewicz and his family.

As facinating as this discussion has been there are some lines not worth crossing.

At 5:42 in the video MG says, "I play it out in my mind everyday. Why didn't you just walk? Just say it's the end?"

The facts are the same today as they were the day it happened. I take offense to the assertion the coroner isn't just saying ok he'll sign off on the COD based on the radio call. He told LE what he needs and he has not ruled out any theory. Personally, I am glad Rudd is not willing to cave to pressure just because of someones standing in the community and is remaining firm on a complete scientific investigation before making a final decision. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

So many families beg for media about there loved ones unsolved murder or for their missing family member to be remembered. She gets 10 full minutes on national media and the focus is on PR for her husband, her anger/finger pointing at the coroner and how they are facing financial issues because they haven't gotten his death benefits all because the coroner has not issued a cause of death? Come on, this was purely political. Not a thing to solve the crime. Just some political nonsense to try and influence the coroners decision.

Actually, and this may sound harsh, I dont think she made the plea for suspects to turn themselves in or for anyone to call in tips because she knows deep down inside they don't exist. She gave that away when she said, ,'I wish he would have just talked, I wish he would have just walked' As in talk about his problems or walked away from them rather than taking his life.

In fairness, she didn't mention anythin about finances or recieving benifits. That apears to be a media addition for dramatic effect.

At 5:42 in the video MG says, "I play it out in my mind everyday. Why didn't you just walk? Just say it's the end?"

The facts are the same today as they were the day it happened. I take offense to the assertion the coroner isn't just saying ok he'll sign off on the COD based on the radio call. He told LE what he needs and he has not ruled out any theory. Personally, I am glad Rudd is not willing to cave to pressure just because of someones standing in the community and is remaining firm on a complete scientific investigation before making a final decision. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

Her quote in your post can be taken as to why he didn't retire when he could have, a month before he died. This video is innacurate in saying he was just days away from being eligeable for retirement. He already was.

I also noted the quote of his "last words" as being innacurate. Though the way they presented it does make for better TV.

In fairness, she didn't mention anythin about finances or recieving benifits. That apears to be a media addition for dramatic effect.

You are correct, but the media neglected to say she was informed on how to go about applying for the pension benefits she is entitled to. All that is needed there is for her to submit the necessary paperwork.

.... Some of us are looking at it from a homicide point of view saying "prove to me it was suicide" and some of us are looking at it from a suicide point of view saying "prove to me it was homicide." JMO

^sbm. I think TheDuchess' ^ observation is a good one.

In the midst of many great minds are at work here, I may be one of the few still on the fence Some posters seem quite entrenched in the accuracy of their homicide or suicide conclusions.
Seems -
- some say, must be suicide because of Factors A, B, C, D, & E. And some based simply on Factor B alone.
- others say, must be homicide because of Factors L, M, N, O, P, & Q. And some based simply on Factor P alone.

I suspect, at the moment -
- There is much we (gen public, even sleuthers) do not know, because LE is holding back some/lots of info (approp'ly,imo).
- There is much LE does not know.

If only our concern, thoughts, & analysis of situation could bring him back. [Sigh.]

I suspect, at the moment -
- There is much we (gen public, even sleuthers) do not know, because LE is holding back some/lots of info (approp'ly,imo).
- There is much LE does not know.

We do know that LE's current actions are not the actions of a police force that actually BELIEVES that they have three cop killers running loose in their community.

Wow. Just wow. Not once does she make a plea to the killers to come forward and turn themselves in or for anyone with information to come forward. But she does have a message for Obama that we'll have to tune in next week to learn? SMH

Interesting observation. But, I am sure she had no control over editing and we really don't know what landed on the cutting room floor.

We do know that LE's current actions are not the actions of a police force that actually BELIEVES that they have three cop killers running loose in their community.

What should they be doing? Keep the town on lockdown? They are already being criticized for an "overblown" manhunt and taking too many resources and time and treating this case "special" because he's a cop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What people? I didn't name any. I was speaking about public servants in general. Perhaps you should review my post.

Not to be overly argumentative bit I did retread your post and while you didn't name anyone you were commenting on the discussion about Joe and Mel giving the finger on fb. So yes by extension it would be easy to assume you meant them included. Am I incorrect??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't hear her complain that the coroner hand't made a ruling. In fact, her complaint was that he spoke publicly about the suicide potential and she felt that was irresponsible. If anything, she is asking for a thorough investigation to determine what happened.

This seems to happen in every unsolved case. The family members who do speak out in the media are now harshly criticized and their words picked apart. I have seen this happen more and more in the past several years.

I know my son and daughter pray everyday that our grandson will return home safe and sound and will not be killed in the line of duty. We all pray for his safety. I think that thought constantly runs through every family member's mind who has a law enforcement officer in their family. Every wife of a cop I have seen speak out says the very same thing. Its always in the back of their minds. Even more so now with the toxic atmosphere against our nations LEOs.

I think it is only normal to go through the 'what ifs' after losing someone and that is all she is doing. She wished he had not stopped the suspects that day and just kept going. If that had happened she feels he would be alive today which is totally understandable rational thinking from a wife who has lost her police officer husband.

No where did I pick up she was saying she thought he committed suicide. Those statements she made are more inline with someone who is grieving the loss of the man they loved and wants justice for him. She just wishes things had gone differently that day so he would still be coming home to her and to his four boys like he had always done. I am sure she does wish he had never stopped that day when he saw the three suspects. She now wishes he had just gone on past them instead of pursuing them. I have seen family members of murdered loved ones who are posters on WS also go through the 'what ifs' concerning their loved ones. It is a very normal thing for humans to do.

I find it sad that so many outsiders put such heavy demands on family members and think they should act like they want them to act and say exactly what the outsiders demand they say.

Because of the hostile climate against many family members of murdered victims less and less are speaking with the media. They have learned if they do so then they are bashed and every word critiqued and dissected as being wrong. Now so many have become so judgmental against people they don't even know. Imo, his wife and family needs words of compassion and support.

She isn't a stupid woman. She knows no one is going to come forward. If that was going to happen it would have happened long ago. If she did plead then that too would be criticized as many other family members in other cases have been and then it will be said she didn't plead enough, she sounded fake, and on and on. There is simply no way for family members to appease the masses nowadays.

I suppose it all boils down to individual perceptions. In no way did I interpret her words like you have done. She is a grieving widow of a husband she believes was murdered in the line of duty and that is exactly what she sounds like. IMO

IMO

You are correct, but the media neglected to say she was informed on how to go about applying for the pension benefits she is entitled to. All that is needed there is for her to submit the necessary paperwork.

She has to have the official death certificate first.

Thanks for the post - I hadn't gotten a chance to watch it till now and wow that was powerful. I feel so bad for this family, and in particular, when the son said people are turning away from them.

That said, how rude to go through someone's bushes to try to get an interview! What was the point of that?

BBM-Right after a death, people are very attentive to a grieving family. As time goes on, these people move on and resume their everyday lives. Sometimes the family that is still grieving feels people have abandoned them. Perhaps this is what the son is feeling. IMO

I feel very badly for the family as well.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member