Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree.
While combing ID, I noticed "Blaming Melissa" will air again at 8:00 a.m. central time on October 24, Saturday.
In case someone wants to set their DVR if they haven't seen the episode yet.

It is 48 Hours on ID, S6/Ep46

Woe.be.gone, Thanks for ^info.

Also avail at: http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/blaming-melissa/ aired Feb 28, 2015. ~43 min long.
Not sure if I'm linking correctly; my search on Bing for "48 hours video blaming melissa" returned this.
Hope it helps.

Please don't take this as a personal attack but it seems to me that you have never been responsible the opening of a business. I know some may take more time to open than others but in my experience, very few are able to be opened and ready for business in less than an hour. I would be very surprised if we found out that the person or persons responsible for the opening of that business is not regularly there about an hour before opening time, every day.

Open well in advance of posted business hours because you never know when they'll be a early morning rush of hydraulic industry customers clamoring for chrome-plated rod and cylinder stock.

That aside, there doesn't need to have been a pattern of the LT routinely visiting that location prior to his shift for him to have been there that morning with no intention of suicide.

FOIA request for details of Fox Lake PD 2014 suspension from 1033? Maybe it wasn't ever published??? JMO

Does DHS Urban Security Initiative provide equipment to PD"s as well as 1033 or does it do that UNDER authority of 1033? Is this why DHS was involved in Gliniewicz death investigation from the beginning? These are QUESTIONS they are not accusations. JMO

FYI
"Blaming Melissa" is also on YouTube.
For those of us without TV.

I just finished watching it on YouTube. After seeing F's interrogation tactics it's clear to me he is going to find a way to obtain the outcome he wants, whether it is true or not. I do not believe a single word he has to say. Not one.

I just finished watching it on YouTube. After seeing F's interrogation tactics it's clear to me he is going to find a way to obtain the outcome he wants, whether it is true or not. I do not believe a single word he has to say. Not one.

After watching I'm not sure how either one of them still have jobs. Their behavior was disgusting.

All the discussion about where LTGs and 2MWs, 1Bs, location and timing has come from assumptions that they were all on the gravel rd near the gate at the start, moving away from his car. But everything could have happened as everyone was moving in the direction towards his car.

He arrives on scene 20 minutes prior to 1st call and begins foot patrol. He could have walked all the way to the building and be on his way back to his patrol car. Or he could have taken a route off the road towards Precision Chrome and the treatment plant (clockwise or counter clockwise). Not very thick terrain, easily walkable.

3 men could be coming from anywhere. Gravel rd from Rollins, woods just east of the gate...Lots of directions and still not see his patrol car. They could easily enter the road or be on the road with their backs to the LT, as he re-enters the road, or sees them enter the road.

I believe now, with Walkers recent info, that none of his calls came from LTG while he was in his car. The calls that begin with a Screetch seem to all come from a radio on a vest. Calls from the cars don't have that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Put all that into the scenario, and it fits the timeline. Including the 20 earlier arrival time.

Side note to consider. We all also assumed the first shot hit the vest. What if that was the second shot, with the sole purpose to destroy the cell phone. I know calls can be tracked. Along with time and duration of those calls. And so can texts. But the contents of those texts cannot be retrieved by the phone provider. The content is stored on the device itself. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, it was brought up about 911 calls from cell phones being tracked. I have had the police at my door saying a call came from my house. He was quite certain of the accuracy. I just said sorry, not from here, and he left. Talking to my neighbor later and the police also went to his house. It turns out his kid meant to call 411 and called 911 by mistake, freaked out and hung up. Our houses are only 20 apart.

Does DHS Urban Security Initiative provide equipment to PD"s as well as 1033 or does it do that UNDER authority of 1033? Is this why DHS was involved in Gliniewicz death investigation from the beginning? These are QUESTIONS they are not accusations. JMO
1033 is a Dept of Defense Program.
DHS is a Different Program

Open well in advance of posted business hours because you never know when they'll be a early morning rush of hydraulic industry customers clamoring for chrome-plated rod and cylinder stock.

Or, because chrome plating machines, computers and other equipment may have a really long "start up" time. And / Or because promises have been and deadlines have to be met. And / Or because you (the owner/ opener) like to get a head start, have a cup of coffee and do some personal business before the doors open. And / Or because you have morning "start up" meetings that you do not want to have interrupted by phones calls and customers during normal business hours. . .

That aside, there doesn't need to have been a pattern of the LT routinely visiting that location prior to his shift for him to have been there that morning with no intention of suicide.

True.

But the comment was made that this MIGHT have been his pattern. To which, I responded that it would not be that difficult to find that out for sure.

All the discussion about where LTGs and 2MWs, 1Bs, location and timing has come from assumptions that they were all on the gravel rd near the gate at the start, moving away from his car. But everything could have happened as everyone was moving in the direction towards his car.

He arrives on scene 20 minutes prior to 1st call and begins foot patrol. He could have walked all the way to the building and be on his way back to his patrol car. Or he could have taken a route off the road towards Precision Chrome and the treatment plant (clockwise or counter clockwise). Not very thick terrain, easily walkable.

3 men could be coming from anywhere. Gravel rd from Rollins, woods just east of the gate...Lots of directions and still not see his patrol car. They could easily enter the road or be on the road with their backs to the LT, as he re-enters the road, or sees them enter the road.

I believe now, with Walkers recent info, that none of his calls came from LTG while he was in his car. The calls that begin with a Screetch seem to all come from a radio on a vest. Calls from the cars don't have that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Put all that into the scenario, and it fits the timeline. Including the 20 earlier arrival time.

Side note to consider. We all also assumed the first shot hit the vest. What if that was the second shot, with the sole purpose to destroy the cell phone. I know calls can be tracked. Along with time and duration of those calls. And so can texts. But the contents of those texts cannot be retrieved by the phone provider. The content is stored on the device itself. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, it was brought up about 911 calls from cell phones being tracked. I have had the police at my door saying a call came from my house. He was quite certain of the accuracy. I just said sorry, not from here, and he left. Talking to my neighbor later and the police also went to his house. It turns out his kid meant to call 411 and called 911 by mistake, freaked out and hung up. Our houses are only 20 apart.

BBM, Excellent thoughts!!!
I tried to make a map to point out your thoughts. I think there are a few scenarios in the movement that could have happened to cover this theory but let me know if I am mistaken to what you are trying to point out.

I also thought about this in noticing the screeches but wondered if even in the car if they might choose to use the one the vest radio? Wonder if there is a protocol for that? It's up for debate and plausible for sure.

Excellent point on the cell phone being destroyed. I have worked on cases where we received the cell phone data quickly, thanks in part to the Kelsey Smith Act, iirc, but it's only enacted in close to half the states. Though the carriers have enacted emergency data retrieval programs with law enforcement. It's been awhile, so going off the top of my head. That scenario entails receiving all of the raw data to track and triangulate the pings. In our case, we had resources with private experts whose technology in their programming far surpassed that of Law Enforcement's. In fact, various departments have since purchased the programming from the resource we worked on conjunction with. However, it has taken a little longer to receive the actual text messages which have to be subpoenaed and depending on the time frame that has gone by and the actual carrier, being able to retrieve the messages varied. So, it is possible law enforcement may have been able to recover the messages in light of the short time frame if the phone itself was destroyed. Also, depending on the type of phone, back up storage locations, if there is one, can also be explored, to much to go into but there are many avenues to consider.

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 10.38.54 AM.jpg

Further spring boarding off of Japple latest theory.

Something else I am wondering. Could he have been meeting with the Mayor? Or someone else? Perhaps to meet in a place where people might not see them together.

Or perhaps as simple as let's meet out to discuss this area that was brought up at the board meeting that needs extra patrols?!!!! Although, I must say, Joe was present at that last meeting, but there is absolutely no mention of any agenda item in which Joe participated that is documented.
During the chat about the explorers, is it possible that the Mayor further discussed this "problem" area to Joe and wanted to further show Joe the issue? After all, if calls never came into the PD and Joe is just taking the word of the board or Mayor etc.. He might like to see perhaps the area or the evidence of said problems? Perhaps, Joe texted the Mayor at 9pm that night to confirm meeting at the location for the following morning. The mayor did not respond back but also did not expect Joe to text him this to put it in writing. Which could account for why the cell phone was destroyed?

REMEMBER! The mayor himself said "He texted me at 9:00 that night and I didn’t answer him because Id talk to him tomow, next morning”

Did Joe park and chat with the mayor all the while spotting 3 suspicious subject in which Joe then cut the meeting short to pursue and the Mayor took off?

Was Joe set up? Was the Mayor set up or in collusion? All just theories and speculation? Find it an interesting alibi coming from Filenko, that Joe himself was asked to help with this property, which I don't find mentioned anywhere in that agenda for that day. Who was the person on the board that made the allegations of troublesome activity at this location? Based on what evidence? Did the entire board know about this? Or just the Mayor?

Did Joe have his weapon drawn, but faced subjects who had 3 weapons pointed back at him? Who ordered him to drop his weapon, while one went to pick up his weapon and proceed to shoot him with it, trying to make it look like a suicide? This surely would fit into the scenario better than a struggle given the time frame factor.

Just saying...

With all this discussion of weapons and 1033, has it been confirmed what gun Joe had with him? I've read several reports stating he was shot with his own weapon but I can't find specific information on make and model. Maybe I missed it?

Further spring boarding off of Japple latest theory.

Something else I am wondering. Could he have been meeting with the Mayor? Or someone else? Perhaps to meet in a place where people might not see them together.

Or perhaps as simple as let's meet out to discuss this area that was brought up at the board meeting that needs extra patrols?!!!! Although, I must say, Joe was present at that last meeting, but there is absolutely no mention of any agenda item in which Joe participated that is documented.
During the chat about the explorers, is it possible that the Mayor further discussed this "problem" area to Joe and wanted to further show Joe the issue? After all, if calls never came into the PD and Joe is just taking the word of the board or Mayor etc.. He might like to see perhaps the area or the evidence of said problems? Perhaps, Joe texted the Mayor at 9pm that night to confirm meeting at the location for the following morning. The mayor did not respond back but also did not expect Joe to text him this to put it in writing. Which could account for why the cell phone was destroyed?

REMEMBER! The mayor himself said "He texted me at 9:00 that night and I didn’t answer him because Id talk to him tomow, next morning”

Did Joe park and chat with the mayor all the while spotting 3 suspicious subject in which Joe then cut the meeting short to pursue and the Mayor took off?

Was Joe set up? Was the Mayor set up or in collusion? All just theories and speculation? Find it an interesting alibi coming from Filenko, that Joe himself was asked to help with this property, which I don't find mentioned anywhere in that agenda for that day. Who was the person on the board that made the allegations of troublesome activity at this location? Based on what evidence? Did the entire board know about this? Or just the Mayor?

Did Joe have his weapon drawn, but faced subjects who had 3 weapons pointed back at him? Who ordered him to drop his weapon, while one went to pick up his weapon and proceed to shoot him with it, trying to make it look like a suicide? This surely would fit into the scenario better than a struggle given the time frame factor.

Just saying...

I can see something like that being what happened, but could it take place within five minutes? It would mean he caught up to and confronted the suspects, they all drew their weapons, he dropped his weapon, they shot him twice - once in the phone and once under the vest - and vanished before the other officers arrived. I don't know...

Thanks for the map walker. That's one of many different routs that would work. And make sense of the time line. He could have spotted them from the north end (top of the blue arch) as well as they were entering from the east, and cut though to meet them on the road, or came in behind them as they got passed the bend heading west.

My main point was that there are many any different ways to look at it. Not just starting at the gate.

With all this discussion of weapons and 1033, has it been confirmed what gun Joe had with him? I've read several reports stating he was shot with his own weapon but I can't find specific information on make and model. Maybe I missed it?
40 caliber? I think it was his own service weapon. JMO

He said he could not comment on what at the scene suggested a struggle had taken place, or whether other shots had been fired. Authorities have previously said Gliniewicz's .40-caliber service weapon was found near his body and that multiple gunshots were fired at the scene.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ce-shooting-one-month-met-20151001-story.html

http://foxlakepost300.homestead.com/files/swat_basic_flier.doc

>>>>>>The Fox Lake Police Explorer post 300 will host another 48hour BASIC Swat Course.

Yes, we do Firearms familiarization with
REAL M-4s, MP-5s and all calibers of handguns. <<<<<<

For those who do not know the M4 is basically the M-16. So as you can see this was some serious inventory of the Explorers even if just borrowed for special training courses"

Btw these courses did not take place at the PD.

Do they use live ammunition while on these exercises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot