IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuz,To provide context I've taken the liberty of answering within your responses from late last night.Your words have been bolded by me,all my words are underlined by me.

However, we do know that he said that he was "going to be out" at 7:55 am. and we know that his last transmission was at approx. 7:57 am. We also know that his body was found at 8:09 - shot once in each of two different locations about 100 feet apart. His last radio transmission was only 3 minutes or from his first. . .

night train:
Our times vary a bit from my understanding of times per the scanner thread:LT.G said he was going to be out at- 7:52:00
LT.G last transmission at- 7:56:22
= His last radio transmission was 4 minutes and 22 seconds from the first
Back up arrived at-8:00:16
Note:The 100 feet apart shot location measurement is still based on unidentified source

So, with all that, how much time are you thinking he could have possibly remained in his car?

night train:
3:30 minutes

= exited patrol car at- 7:55:30 walked a few feet towards 2 MW/1 MB trio

radio transmission that they took off towards the swamp at- 7:55:42

But, what we do know is that there were a lot of things that took place between the time that he said that he was "going to be out" and the time that he stopped responding and his body was found that could not have taken place if he spent any more time in his car than a moment after he said he was "going to be out."

night train:
7:55:42 = took off towards the swamp transmission
7:56:22 = plant's off Rollings (final transmission)
8:00:16= backup arrives

From Lt.Gliniewicz's last radio transmission at- 7:56:22 until arrival of backup at- 8:00:16 = APPROXIMATELY 4 MINUTES

Before backup arrived----There would have been a 3 minute and 54 seconds ( call it a 4 minute ) window available for Lt.Gliniewicz to have run approximately 180 yards confront the 3 perps,be over come/lose gun,sustain 2 gunshots and for perps to flee.

A world class sprinter can cover 200 yards in about 22 seconds-Lt.Gliniewicz should have easily been able run what would have been under 200 yards in less than a minute

Plenty of time even if the shot are found to have occurred 100 feet apart.

If he did that - then by the time everything else was set in motion (namely the two shots) - arriving backup officers would have heard them. Remember, the first backup was on the scene only five minutes or so after the LT's FIRST radio transmission.

night train:
Lt.GliniewicZ's first radio transmission at 7:52:00
Backup arrival at 8:00:16

That's 8 minutes and 16 seconds after the LT's First radio transmission

Do you have any idea why they would run into a swamp instead of back in the direction from where they just came from?

night train:
Yes,priority #1 is you want to exfiltrate through cover of trees etc,etc.Trees/cover is a great equalizer.If they had ran back in the direction they came from they would have been 100% visible with a cop in pursuit.

Priority #2 they may have had a vehicle they could access by heading that direction.They would have been able to reach a vechicle before the perimeter was anywhere close to being established.

I'm sorry, but I can't see how the Lt staying in his car for those 3 minutes between those two radio transmissions would not leave enough time for him to cover all the ground and get shot twice before arriving backups are close enough to hear it - let alone to see any fleeing suspects.

night train:
I think it was possible Chuz,sorry for my slow response,my playtime for this is sometimes limited.Whether my scenario proves to be right or wrong,For now,with the information that's available,think it's worth throwing into the hat.

night train----edit by me)
CONCLUSION: 8 minutes and 16 seconds available from Lt.G's first radio transmission until backup arrived///////4 minutes were available after Lt.Joe's final radio transmission and arrival of backup

After the LT's final radio transmission-There would have been a 3 minute and 54 seconds ( call it a 4 minute ) window available for Lt.Gliniewicz to have run approximately 180 yards confront the 3 perps,be over come/lose gun,sustain 2 gunshots and for perps to flee.

My head hurts from trying to read this. Is there a reason you didn't (or can't) use multi-quote?

Are these the comments y'all are talking about? On this article? I can't see daily herald. But these were interesting.

http://chicagoist.com/2015/10/14/unsolved_death_of_fox_lake_officer.php

Yes, that I suppose is a different commenter as the names are different but we were looking for Thora Jay to provide the MSM from around July 2014 when the suspension happened.

I would be interested in any sort of evidence the MSM or Fox Lake addressed this at the time.

Yes Bluesneakers, there is an article with the date being October 6th 2015. I have to find the link for you and it will take a few minutes, I am in the middle of a few other tasks right now.

I found the earlier one with the comment, but I was asking for a link to the Tribune story about the 1033s. That's what I haven't been able to find yet.

This explains this program. I had been scrolling and reading but not fully understanding what this program was about. Now I am REALLY understanding. I would be lying, if I didn't inspect the photos on the page out of curiosity if they were real weapons the kids were handling until I realized they were and there were so many of them! I guess this could be and additional key to Softail's comment about DHS and FBI having issues, which to me had to be bigger than reviewing some video footage.

SNIPPED:
http://abc7chicago.com/news/widespr...ois-police-forces-uncovered-by-i-team/259740/

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Now, the I-Team has uncovered a county by county breakdown of exactly what military equipment is here in Illinois. Federal officials refused to release what specific department possesses the equipment, citing homeland security concerns. But, a federal spreadsheet obtained by the I-Team following our initial reporting does detail the kinds of equipment local departments have received as of May 2013.

"You can't arm police departments with military-grade equipment and expect them not to behave like an occupying force," says local watchdog Rey Lopez-Calderon with Common Cause Illinois. He continues, "the Ferguson madness can happen anywhere in the USA including Illinois."

Tiny Winthrop Harbor in Lake County has a fleet of military issued-helicopters, at least seven have been issued to Lake County law enforcement according to federal records obtained by the I-Team.

In far north suburban Round Lake Park, the police department is fully outfitted by the LESO program equipment, from a Hummer used for patrols and SWAT deployments to an armored vehicle, a snowmobile, a segway and an ATV.

The village's police aren't hiding it. The humvee hand-me-down makes regular appearances in local parades.

"Small-town police departments in Illinois have been loading up on these surplus military-grade weapons for some time now. The question isn't whether this could happen in Illinois, but rather when it will happen," says Rey Lopez-Calderon, Common Cause Illinois.

I know who we could ask.

I wonder if we can get a hold of the guy in the news video that worked at the machine shop. He said they went out to get a sandwich and noticed the patrol car sitting there. He would know for sure if that was common or uncommon for any officers (including the LT) to do.

No he wouldn't:
Lt.Joe may have parked there every once in a while.

More importantly,Precision Chrome's hours are 8-5 Mon - Fri
Unless Lt.Joe was running late (or spotted 2 WM/1 BM) he'd probably already have been been pulling in to the Police station before Precision Chrome opened.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 159
Thanks but what Boo and I were talking about was the Fox Lake Suspension from the 1033 program.

This explains this program. I had been scrolling and reading but not fully understanding what this program was about. Now I am REALLY understanding. I would be lying, if I didn't inspect the photos on the page out of curiosity if they were real weapons the kids were handling until I realized they were and there were so many of them! I guess this could be and additional key to Softail's comment about DHS and FBI having issues, which to me had to be bigger than reviewing some video footage.

SNIPPED:

SNIPPED:

I doubt small towns really need military-grade equipment and weapons. Are they just using it for training or to practice, or because there's so much of it to go around?

I'm not implying there's some big conspiracy or martial law is coming. It's either weird or wasteful, imo. Maybe both.

"Small-town police departments in Illinois have been loading up on these surplus military-grade weapons for some time now. The question isn't whether this could happen in Illinois, but rather when it will happen," says Rey Lopez-Calderon, Common Cause Illinois.

Those hours are probably customer hours and not the actual hours employees are on site.

Just saying...

I doubt small towns really need military-grade equipment and weapons. Are they just using it for training or to practice, or because there's so much of it to go around?

I'm not implying there's some big conspiracy or martial law is coming. It's either weird or wasteful, imo. Maybe both.

When Joe said tbat they had the 45s as backup to the 40's they carry just in case of whatever I thought "these could have gone to another PD who had no guns."

It's like the recent case in Hawaii where they destroyed a bunch of unused or little used guns because they got new ones. Instead of turning them over to another PD that could use them.

As for the other toys I could write a dissertation on the problems I have with PDs having those things.

My head hurts from trying to read this. Is there a reason you didn't (or can't) use multi-quote?

Sorry,that's a rarity for me,it was the best I could do from work.

Everything should fall into place If you review the scanner thread.
You'll be able to see that the times you posted are not correct and that my conclusions listed at the bottom are reasonable in support of homicide.

Yes, that I suppose is a different commenter as the names are different but we were looking for Thora Jay to provide the MSM from around July 2014 when the suspension happened.

I would be interested in any sort of evidence the MSM or Fox Lake addressed this at the time.

Is this it? I can't read it but scroll through the area it wants me to pay, it is from may 2015. I am going to try it on my phone as I haven't probably worn out my welcome yet on it. EDIT: Nevermind, I see it's the same now of the info you posted earlier. I know you were talking about it, I just didn't understand what it was yet.

http://www.nwherald.com/2015/05/07/...e-militarization-a-tale-of-two-mraps/al4mppj/

Is this it? I can't read it but scroll through the area it wants me to pay, it is from may 2015. I am going to try it on my phone as I haven't probably worn out my welcome yet on it.

http://www.nwherald.com/2015/05/07/...e-militarization-a-tale-of-two-mraps/al4mppj/

No, that is more about the purchases. I posted the longer article that is actually working off of earlier.

The suspension happened in JULY 2014 so nothing from 2015 is going to be it.

I have looked, Boo Has looked, bluesneakers has looked.

I am not saying it doesn't exist but it had to be from Around July 2014 and pertain to the Fox Lake suspsnsion. Not the purchase or the program itself.

No he wouldn't:
Lt.Joe may have parked there every once in a while.

More importantly,Precision Chrome's hours are 8-5 Mon - Fri
Unless Lt.Joe was running late (or spotted 2 WM/1 BM) he'd probably already have been been pulling in to the Police station before Precision Chrome opened.

attachment.php

Please don't take this as a personal attack but it seems to me that you have never been responsible the opening of a business. I know some may take more time to open than others but in my experience, very few are able to be opened and ready for business in less than an hour. I would be very surprised if we found out that the person or persons responsible for the opening of that business is not regularly there about an hour before opening time, every day.

Employees might also work odd hours to get a chrome job done on time or to fit in more work. They also might choose to work nights when it is cooler.

Might explain his sandwich at 8 in the morning he might work mids.

No, that is more about the purchases. I posted the longer article that is actually working off of earlier.

The suspension happened in JULY 2014 so nothing from 2015 is going to be it.

I have looked, Boo Has looked, bluesneakers has looked.

I am not saying it doesn't exist but it had to be from Around July 2014 and pertain to the Fox Lake suspsnsion. Not the purchase or the program itself.

I am coming up empty as well. I have even been rifling through the Village and no mention of it. The only thing I found about them being suspended was on a news site out of NC which lists their suspension date.

FYI
"Blaming Melissa" is also on YouTube.
For those of us without TV.

Agree.
While combing ID, I noticed "Blaming Melissa" will air again at 8:00 a.m. central time on October 24, Saturday.
In case someone wants to set their DVR if they haven't seen the episode yet.

It is 48 Hours on ID, S6/Ep46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member