IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The two Green/Residential parcels are funny. A number of related factors make that pretty unattractive land to anyone developing that into livable space.

I completely agree. And those I would think would be the only land the village would purchase but to what purpose? The one on Honing would be horrible to get to and the one on Rollins would be good maybe for a park? But I am not sure if that would require rezoning that parcel???

The land I would think the village would buy would be across the street from Christopher road there off Highway 12 next to the Marina. That though is not "near" the cement plant. He would have no reason to be on Honing if that was the parcel he was keeping an eye on.

I wonder what Joe's standard day at work was like?
I would think as a Lieutenant he wasn't on patrol.
So did he do paperwork mostly?
Did he only do special rounds that were special requests for current problems?

bbm Back to that again, and now I wonder was he moonlighting? doing someone there that has business a favor? Would the department say that or tell us that?

I can't imagine that there was that much drug/tagging activity there that would warrant special patrolling at that time of day (early) for the ones that would be involved in either. just seems odd to me. jmo idk

Although I don't look that closely when driving by, I honestly don't remember any tagging going on that is visible from the road.

Truck as of 3 years ago, yes. The street view is from Oct. 2012.
Oh yeah. Didn't notice that.

There better be some tagging or I am calling Filenko out. LOL

bbm Back to that again, and now I wonder was he moonlighting? doing someone there that has business a favor? Would the department say that or tell us that?

I can't imagine that there was that much drug/tagging activity there that would warrant special patrolling at that time of day (early) for the ones that would be involved in either. just seems odd to me. jmo idk

I agree it seems odd because I don't see that much criminal activity going on either.
They claim he was doing the Village a favor and keeping an eye on the newly purchased village property.
If he were doing something else I don't know if the task force would ever tell us.
They have to know where else he went that morning. Why haven't they said? Even if it is boring coffee and breakfast or just sitting in the park. Something. Where was he for those hours when he left the house to when he pulled onto Honing?

I believe someone posted a long time ago, that Joe tried to get in overtime, when he could. Also, I read that the Explorers helped support their club by helping out at events like parking cars and stuff. So, Joe may have worked events, when they came up. JMO

It would be interesting to know what time the precision chrome guy got to work, got to tell you if joe's cruiser was there when he got to work he would have seen it, especially since the place is pretty much vacant, your eye would be more drawn to something (car) there when normally it's not. Also what time did he leave to go get breakfast, seems he would have seen it then, he didn't see it till he got back when backup was there. idk just curious. jmo

attachment.php

Green is Residential
While the village's plan may guide towards residential, those two parcels are listed on the tax roles as "Industrial Vacant", one being last sold in 2/2007 and the other in 2/2008. Still having issues seeing who is paying taxes on those parcels.

I just thought of something. Recalling back to a link I posted about the named firm conducting the investigation into Fox Lake PD. I couldn't really pin point much down outside of a firm that is on the Texas Mexico Border. Does anyone else remember this?

I wonder how those DNA tests are coming along.....aren't those just about the last test results that they need? JMO

I just thought of something. Recalling back to a link I posted about the named firm conducting the investigation into Fox Lake PD. I couldn't really pin point much down outside of a firm that is on the Texas Mexico Border. Does anyone else remember this?

It seems to me it was named something like Gold Star.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-84689160/
Fox Lake weighs future of youth program led by fallen officer

Mike Hale, scout executive of the Boy Scouts of America's Northeast Illinois Council, said he'd heard from local staff that members of the Fox Lake Law Enforcement Explorers Post 300 had been having trouble getting access to their post and equipment since Gliniewicz's death.

The council tried to contact Fox Lake officials about the program, chartered to the Fox Lake Police Department, but received no response, Hale said.

Fox Lake village spokesman Dave Bayless said the post remains active but has been secured as part of the village's ongoing review of police assets, equipment and vehicles.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-84689160/
Fox Lake weighs future of youth program led by fallen officer

Mike Hale, scout executive of the Boy Scouts of America's Northeast Illinois Council, said he'd heard from local staff that members of the Fox Lake Law Enforcement Explorers Post 300 had been having trouble getting access to their post and equipment since Gliniewicz's death.

The council tried to contact Fox Lake officials about the program, chartered to the Fox Lake Police Department, but received no response, Hale said.

Fox Lake village spokesman Dave Bayless said the post remains active but has been secured as part of the village's ongoing review of police assets, equipment and vehicles.

I seriously think something was going on with this program and Joe was in some way being questioned regarding it or something.

I want to know if he went to their "Post" the morning he died.

So they purposely locked the kids out and are claiming it is part of the Behan inventory investigation.

But then they say this:

"The entire program is being looked at in terms of its structure, its mission goals and how the program can serve as a valuable asset for youth going forward," Bayless said.

Why would you need to completely restructure and change goals going forward just because the leader died?

This is very fishy....and doesn't look good for Joe imo.

I would also expect that not all the equipment was paid for by the pd. Surely they do fundraisers and have donations.

"The entire program is being looked at in terms of its structure, its mission goals and how the program can serve as a valuable asset for youth going forward" Bayless said. The police department audit is ongoing and is taking longer than village officials had expected, Bayless said.

Hmmm. That's kind of an odd turn of phrase, whether he meant it or not imo it sounds as though someone thinks the program itself needs an overhaul in order to better fulfill its original mission.

edited to add: JINX didn't see this post ^^^^^while I was picking through the site code to read the article not being a subscriber etc.

"The entire program is being looked at in terms of its structure, its mission goals and how the program can serve as a valuable asset for youth going forward" Bayless said. The police department audit is ongoing and is taking longer than village officials had expected, Bayless said.

Hmmm. That's kind of an odd turn of phrase, whether he meant it or not imo it sounds as though someone thinks the program itself needs an overhaul in order to better fulfill its original mission.

edited to add: JINX

You owe me a coke. Lol

I seriously think something was going on with this program and Joe was in some way being questioned regarding it or something.

I want to know if he went to their "Post" the morning he died.

Any thoughts on what kind of something?

Any thoughts on what kind of something?

There were always rumours Joe was being investigated for missing inventory but those I think were a result of people not understanding that when the Chief leaves you do inventory.

But maybe they had some basis in realty.

I am personally thinking something that really makes me want to know if he met anyone that morning at the "post".

Before anyone has a problem this is my personal speculation based on this new information in conjunction with what we know and what they are obviously not telling us for some reason.

The whole thing is weird. Now this Trib article today regarding the Explorers mentions the mayor saying Lt.CG wanted to stay on to mentor the kids?

Either this is by far the worst reporting of any case I have ever followed here at WS, or ??? The whole group of them is hinky, all except for Rudd. I like him......

The only theory I am going with right now is this was no stranger homicide. If he didn't harm himself someone he felt trusted closely is responsible. Again, the whole thing is bizzare as hades.

Hope this ok I don't know how to carry post from previous thread.

This is for Cubby to answer from yesterday. Post 1050 from thread #4

You quoted my post with answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
Obviously. If someone was close enough to him to shoot him at close range they couldn't grab both the gun and the radio. The dispatcher should have heard something if lt. CG wasn't alone. The radio should have picked something up if there was a scuffle of some sort.

1bbm Obviously what?

2bbm Why?

3bbmWhy should the radio pick something up?

TIA

First, there is no need to serial post the same question.... I'll find it. I can't always reply right away even if I am logged in reading.

I know how a radio works. My thoughts were something should have been heard if he was interupted... early msm reported this as if he were on the radio while they lost contact. I don't know how else to explain it. I already did that when I posted (on the last thread) that perhaps it was MSM hype making it appear as if he were interupted......

Is that clear enough?

GO CUBS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads