IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get back to this Homeland Security investigation mentioned by 2 people in the last thread. Is the suicide being thrown out as a red herring by LE not saying much about DNA, etc? Or is this new FBI and DHS investigation the red herring?

Are we being given DISinformation in order to throw the public off what the real issues are?

oh I wanted to say I don't believe any of the investigations are homeland security. They would be DOJ or FBI depending on what they think is going on.

Maybe state but that state isn't trusted much....

I didn't think we were supposed to discuss rumors here. I have heard rumors that he was a whistleblower and was talking about others who were stealing, and i wouldn't bring it up, but seeing other rumors here compels me to do so. JMO

Without going into specifics, all along I thought if this is determined to be a homicide someone wanted to shut Lt. CG up.

oh I wanted to say I don't believe any of the investigations are homeland security. They would be DOJ or FBI depending on what they think is going on.

Maybe state but that state isn't trusted much....

Well, thats not to say DOJ and goodness knows who else could be involved. I would also ponder DEA but the reason I focused on DHS is because Softail, who posted here last night quoted that FBI and DHS are involved. FBI the obvious one but DHS is curious.

Well, thats not to say DOJ and goodness knows who else could be involved. I would also ponder DEA but the reason I focused on DHS is because Softail, who posted here last night quoted that FBI and DHS are involved. FBI the obvious one but DHS is curious.

This was from early in the investigation. Supposedly, DHS was given surveillance video to analyze. If they did, they were able to clear the three people thought to be POIs. There has been nothing else to link DHS to the investigation, nor should or would there be. Perhaps Softail was just speculating -- there was nothing provided to substantiate his or her assertion. Supposedly, the video was sent to DHS mainly because of convenience, not because it was a Homeland Security issue.

In short, my opinion is that it would be imprudent and counterproductive to run with this as if a fact, unless there is some substantiation.

Besides drugs, something else to consider would be arms or weapons

RICO . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act

Lake County Charges 21 under RICO.

"Guns, Money, Drugs, and Vehicles were Seized"

"Especially with respect to herion, this is a drug that is being sold in every community of Lake County"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/mundelein/ct-rico-arrests-lake-county-met-20141031-story.html

From other reading. There have been gang related shootings and incidents in Fox Lake. Certainly not an everyday occurrence but just to give an idea that there has been a presence. But some of the items from reading on the web address the tagging etc.. So does make you wonder if this could be a known hideout or meeting location of gang members given the tagging was brought up. Which is interesting, because at the onset it was stated that social media and online investigators were brought in to scour the web for information of anyone potentially taking part in this. That feels more gang related in that effort. Looking for anyone perhaps claiming credit? Just some random thoughts on my part. All speculation.

EDIT To ADD: Fox Lake has their own drug and gang tipline. http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20140327/news/140328525/
"The Fox Lake Drug and Gang Information Hotline is available at (847) 587-3513"

I am interested to hear her theories on what the dhs is supposedly investgating here.

As far as the GPS goes, I just assumed it came from his phone?
That would explain how they knew he was walking around. :dunno:

I thought Filenko explained the vest radio when they questioned how he could have radioed in if he was walking around?

Both.

Filenko.said "one of the things I can tell you is that because of his radio we can confirm he was on foot for about...."

I took that to mean he was saying the radio not in the car because he was addressing the question that he was on foot and not cruising. I do think Filenko.either isn't very good speaker or he purposely says evasive and confusing things.

I am not sure they know exactly where he walked because I am not sure the radios
had that tech.

So that is CHAIN OF LAKES BIKE PATH.
Well then what the heck. You are bound to see all sorts of people along that area all the time if there is a bike path along Rollins.
This isn't a top secret area where you would never expect to see anyone. So what the heck do they think these suspicious three were doing that they had to be chased into a swamp?

Exactly what I posted early on when we first thought that the LT may have spotted the trio from Rollins. I noticed the bike path from street view in Google maps.

Without going into specifics, all along I thought if this is determined to be a homicide someone wanted to shut Lt. CG up.

That would be one heck of a conspiracy.

To trick the LT into investigating the males in a wooded and swampy area, where they could then disarm him and kill him with his own weapon? They had to count on him not using proper protocol on his radio and him not waiting for backup to arrive too.

In other words, for this to have been an organized "hit" on the LT. He would have had to have been in on the planning of it himself. (jmo)

As far as the GPS goes, I just assumed it came from his phone?
That would explain how they knew he was walking around. :dunno:

However Filenko was very sure it came from his vest radio.

I thought Filenko explained the vest radio when they questioned how he could have radioed in if he was walking around?

Both.

Filenko.said "one of the things I can tell you is that because of his radio we can confirm he was on foot for about...."

I took that to mean he was saying the radio not in the car because he was addressing the question that he was on foot and not cruising. I do think Filenko.either isn't very good speaker or he purposely says evasive and confusing things.

I am not sure they know exactly where he walked because I am not sure the radios
had that tech.

Filenko is full of....

Errrr Ummmm, let me rephrase.

Filenko is both very wrong and inconsistent in his comments.

One of the ways that we know the LT was NOT out walking around for the 20 Minutes his car was located there at the gate - is because it wasn't until (after he was parked there for 20 minutes - 7:52 am) that he finally radioed in to say that he was "going to be out. . ."

Why would he radio in that he's "going to be out" if he's already been out for 20 minutes or more?

That would be one heck of a conspiracy.

To trick the LT into investigating the males in a wooded and swampy area, where they could then disarm him and kill him with his own weapon? They had to count on him not using proper protocol on his radio and him not waiting for backup to arrive too.

In other words, for this to have been an organized "hit" on the LT. He would have had to have been in on the planning of it himself. (jmo)

It is a long shot and I don't think the three suspects were hired as hitmen......and I still go back to it being someone he trusted who could have gotten close enough get control of his weapon. IF......this was not self inflicted.

The other part of this I have to add in the scanner thread. I will ask there in a bit......

It is a long shot and I don't think the three suspects were hired as hitmen......and I still go back to it being someone he trusted who could have gotten close enough get control of his weapon. IF......this was not self inflicted.

A fourth suspect?

When the dogs couldn't find any trace of the first three?

Navy Seals aren't even THAT good at going undetected.

Filenko is full of....

Errrr Ummmm, let me rephrase.

Filenko is both very wrong and inconsistent in his comments.

One of the ways that we know the LT was NOT out walking around for the 20 Minutes his car was located there at the gate - is because it wasn't until (after he was parked there for 20 minutes - 7:52 am) that he finally radioed in to say that he was "going to be out. . ."

Why would he radio in that he's "going to be out" if he's already been out for 20 minutes or more?

Agree totally. You must have been sipping on some good Foldgers coffee. Lol. Because i totally never thought about the going to be out statement.

Also agree. There is no chance in Hades that someone planned this besides possibly LT himself.

Thanks.

Let's remember. He never asked for backup. And he sounded like he didn't want backup but decided to say okay. He really didn't want to see his peers that morning as well. Jmo

A fourth suspect?

When the dogs couldn't find any trace of the first three?

Navy Seals aren't even THAT good at going undetected.

No. not a 4th suspect. Omg, I posted this already. Someone who happened upon the scene after he radio'd the three in and believed that person was there to help with back up. Someone he believed was there for back up or to help him. Someone who he wouldn't have 'the stance' with.... someone who he felt comfortable around that he trusted. You guys know the stance, the one cops have when speaking to someone and they are kind of on the defense when they first talk to a person.....

I hope that makes sense. It's the same one/single theory I have had all along on how someone could get close enough to him to gain control of his weapon.

hth

I appeal to all to watch this video interview. One of the other posters pointed this out to me about this interview. I had only read the articles. This video is very interesting. Does anything stand out?? I can point out about 10 things off the top of my head as I am shaking it back and forth. But I will start with this:

A Fox Lake man stepped away from his job Tuesday morning to get a sandwich and ended up watching the aftermath of a police officer’s murder unfold.

“We just missed it,” said JV, the operations manager at Precision Chrome.

“We were outside at the time it happened, actually,” but all the din of the industrial area must have drowned out the sound of the gunshot, V said.

http://patch.com/illinois/crystallake/video-fox-lake-man-watched-aftermath-cops-murder-unfold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double