IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing is weird. Now this Trib article today regarding the Explorers mentions the mayor saying Lt.CG wanted to stay on to mentor the kids?

Either this is by far the worst reporting of any case I have ever followed here at WS, or ??? The whole group of them is hinky, all except for Rudd. I like him......

The only theory I am going with right now is this was no stranger homicide. If he didn't harm himself someone he felt trusted closely is responsible. Again, the whole thing is bizzare as hades.

Maybe he "wanted" to stay on but was not allowed to stay on so expressed some concern about when he was gone.

There were always rumours Joe was being investigated for missing inventory but those I think were a result of people not understanding that when the Chief leaves you do inventory.

But maybe they had some basis in realty.

I am personally thinking something that really makes me want to know if he met anyone that morning at the "post".

Before anyone has a problem this is my personal speculation based on this new information in conjunction with what we know and what they are obviously not telling us for some reason.

I didn't think we were supposed to discuss rumors here. I have heard rumors that he was a whistleblower and was talking about others who were stealing, and i wouldn't bring it up, but seeing other rumors here compels me to do so. JMO

Maybe he "wanted" to stay on but was not allowed to stay on so expressed some concern about when he was gone.

If he was the problem behind the Explorer program then why wouldn't they just continue on with new leadership now? Why keep it closed down if the 'problem' is dead?

That plant would make great training grounds for explorers, swat, K-9, etc, IMO

Did/does the Explorers program have both boys and girls?

I didn't think we were supposed to discuss rumors here. I have heard rumors that he was a whistleblower and was talking about others who were stealing, and i wouldn't bring it up, but seeing other rumors here compels me to do so. JMO

Isn't what ifs and speculation just your own rumor not yet spread beyond you?

I have read on here other people discussing the inventory and Joe. I was just explaining the thought those people had. Maybe I should have said "some people speculated that what if he was being investigated for....

Anyone know the leadership and structure to the Explorer program? Was Joe ALL of the leadership and without him the vacuum would make it implode (which seems to be happening)? If not, why has nobody else from Explorers commented about it's viability?

All we have heard is outside (to the Explorers program) commentary from Fox Lake leadership, Lt. Joe's family, Boy Scout leadership, etc. Nothing from an official Fox Lake Explorer representative.

Something is more and more fishy here.

Did/does the Explorers program have both boys and girls?

Looks like both.

In order to become a member of the program you must be 14-21 years of age, maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA, have a well maintained physical and mental condition, communicates well with others, and can dedicate their time to the program to work numerous community events throughout the year.
All personnel who wish to join the program must fill out medical waivers and are subjected to a background check
http://foxlakepost300.homestead.com/index.html

And photos on the FB page show both.

If he was the problem behind the Explorer program then why wouldn't they just continue on with new leadership now? Why keep it closed down if the 'problem' is dead?
Perhaps out of concern that the charter which is the PD, didn't notice the problems.

Wonder what they plan to do with zoned manufacturing land?
As I can't think of too many municipal uses beyond parking or storage, maybe they bought low (in the economic downturn) and will sell high in the future....

Anyone know the leadership and structure to the Explorer program? Was Joe ALL of the leadership and without him the vacuum would make it implode (which seems to be happening)? If not, why has nobody else from Explorers commented about it's viability?

All we have heard is outside (to the Explorers program) commentary from Fox Lake leadership, Lt. Joe's family, Boy Scout leadership, etc. Nothing from an official Fox Lake Explorer representative.

Something is more and more fishy here.
Joe was the leader but they have another FLPD officer who is second in command as well as several other advisors including Mel Gliniwiecz.

So the transfer while not easy should have rolled on without many bumps. I would expect change but for them to lock the goods up and keep the program in the dark? That is strange.

Joe was the leader but they have another FLPD officer who is second in command as well as several other advisors including Mel Gliniwiecz.

So the transform while not easy should have ruled on without many bumps. I would expect change but for them to lock the goods up and keep the program in the dark? That is strange.

Yeah, reviewing the list of leadership in several direction here, I would see little problem with continuity unless there was more than just a loss of a single person/role going on.

http://foxlakepost300.homestead.com/firm.html

Remember when Bayless claimed Filenko Misspoke about the multiple internal investigations and said what Filenko really meant was the inventory audit and had called that an investigation?

Now I wonder.... I mentioned a few days ago the task force seems gun shy regarding any discussions of Joe and investigations.

Makes you wonder....

And combine that with the sudden changing of the locks a month after his death right around the time they let us know they had GPS...

Fox Lake owns 128 Honing (which is the plant itself) and 104 Honing. According to lake county tax assessor. Dont know if this link will work...

http://apps01.lakecountyil.gov/SPassessor/comparables/PTAIStreet.aspx?PIN=0510316003&POPUP=Y

104 honing is the parcel that's on the west side of Precision Dr. Could that be the equipment he was referring to in his 1st call? Seems FL has owned this for a while.

Also, looked more into 128 honing. village of FL owns 19.25 acres on that address. Prarie also owns 17 Acres at that same address. Don't know.....Maybe FL condemned the property?

104 honing is the parcel that's on the west side of Precision Dr. Could that be the equipment he was referring to in his 1st call? Seems FL has owned this for a while.

Also, looked more into 128 honing. village of FL owns 19.25 acres on that address. Prarie also owns 17 Acres at that same address. Don't know.....Maybe FL condemned the property?

Didn't they sa the streets department had the key to the gate so maybe the town parks equipment in there.

I want to get back to this Homeland Security investigation mentioned by 2 people in the last thread. Is the suicide being thrown out as a red herring by LE not saying much about DNA, etc? Or is this new FBI and DHS investigation the red herring?

Are we being given DISinformation in order to throw the public off what the real issues are?

I want to get back to this Homeland Security investigation mentioned by 2 people in the last thread. Is the suicide being thrown out as a red herring by LE not saying much about DNA, etc? Or is this new FBI and DHS investigation the red herring?

Are we being given DISinformation in order to throw the public off what the real issues are?
I don't think the investigations are red herrings. The investigations were going on before his death. I think the task force and probably many others in govt in that area are aware of these investigations and just don't want to discuss them. They also may not be allowed to discuss them. So they just dance around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double