IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's remember. He never asked for backup. And he sounded like he didn't want backup but decided to say okay. He really didn't want to see his peers that morning as well. Jmo

Do we even know if that was him talking on the radio?

No. not a 4th suspect. Omg, I posted this already. Someone who happened upon the scene after he radio'd the three in and believed that person was there to help with back up. Someone he believed was there for back up or to help him. Someone who he wouldn't have 'the stance' with.... someone who he felt comfortable around that he trusted. You guys know the stance, the one cops have when speaking to someone and they are kind of on the defense when they first talk to a person.....

I hope that makes sense. It's the same one/single theory I have had all along on how someone could get close enough to him to gain control of his weapon.

hth

There is also the possibility he was lured out there. And maybe it was not even him speaking into his radio?

No. not a 4th suspect. Omg, I posted this already. Someone who happened upon the scene after he radio'd the three in and believed that person was there to help with back up. Someone he believed was there for back up or to help him. Someone who he wouldn't have 'the stance' with.... someone who he felt comfortable around that he trusted. You guys know the stance, the one cops have when speaking to someone and they are kind of on the defense when they first talk to a person.....

I hope that makes sense. It's the same one/single theory I have had all along on how someone could get close enough to him to gain control of his weapon.

hth

You clearly put a lot of thought into your posts, Cubby. I have no doubts about that - so I will give this a lot of consideration before I respond to it any further.

I appeal to all to watch this video interview. One of the other posters pointed this out to me about this interview. I had only read the articles. This video is very interesting. Does anything stand out?? I can point out about 10 things off the top of my head as I am shaking it back and forth. But I will start with this:

A Fox Lake man stepped away from his job Tuesday morning to get a sandwich and ended up watching the aftermath of a police officer’s murder unfold.

“We just missed it,” said JV, the operations manager at Precision Chrome.

“We were outside at the time it happened, actually,” but all the din of the industrial area must have drowned out the sound of the gunshot, V said.

http://patch.com/illinois/crystallake/video-fox-lake-man-watched-aftermath-cops-murder-unfold

About 1:45 JV mentions an opening in the fence just left of the gate. What was the extent of the area which was fenced in? Does this mean the three suspects would have had to escape from within a fenced area? Was LT CG's body found within a fenced area?

I never thought about this area being fenced in. I had imagined the gate being something like a gate that blocks off an entrance to a forest preserve.

What about something like this:

Lt. speaks to internal affairs about some concerns. It gets back to someone who is upset about it. The Lt. gets a call from a fellow officer or someone in another department, asking for a private meeting, off the record. They agree to meet up that morning. The Lt. drives to the meeting area and waits. Maybe he walks around to check the area out first by getting there early. Maybe he is overtaken and it is not him that speaks into the radio. It is set up and they leave it open as a possible suicide to make it confusing for authorities.

hth

Maybe a cop from the previous shift spotted him. And said let me see your guns trigger weight. Then shot him. Then radioed in about the 3 guys and then got out of dodge before the calvary arrived.

That would be my conspiracy hunch if I was looking for a conspiracy theory. But I'm not.

So VERY sorry I did not watch this, I may have missed your post. Credit to you and one other poster who told me about it. It is escaping me. Maybe Tcer

YES!! "WE" walk back there sometimes. He knew the layout. He contradicts himself. His lip even curls up in a smile when asked about video not working. He gives all routes out of the area, outside of the one that goes right back to precision. He mentions the police being there, then mentions more times than one. He told them he has nothing to help them with. Then states he was delayed because Ambulance pulled up. Shifty. The body language.

Would he have had to climb the fence to pursue these guys?
"No, you can go around it. Just to the left of the fence you can walk right through"

Yikes.

Didn't he also say the perps wouldn't have been caught on the video if it had been working? How does he know they didn't go past the camera's view?

So...this could be a suicide that was supposed to look like a murder.

Or...a murder that was supposed to look like a suicide.

Maybe a cop from the previous shift spotted him. And said let me see your guns trigger weight. Then shot him. Then radioed in about the 3 guys and then got out of dodge before the calvary arrived.

That would be my conspiracy hunch if I was looking for a conspiracy theory. But I'm not.

And that would mean someone else radioed using ltCg's radio?

Didn't he also say the perps wouldn't have been caught on the video if it had been working? How does he know they didn't go past the camera's view?

I took it to mean where the body was located is not within range of the camera's if they were working. He didn't strike me as odd at all. If he knew anything he wouldn't have offered so much time to the reporter. He'd have made excuses and went back to work.

I would like to know who is "WE" and why would they go out to that area???????

"Theres really no other way out" ... (See Map)

"From all the dump trucks... and the steel"..
Can any locals confirm if there is still a large presence of dump trucks on that road since Prairie is out of business?

What about something like this:

Lt. speaks to internal affairs about some concerns. It gets back to someone who is upset about it. The Lt. gets a call from a fellow officer or someone in another department, asking for a private meeting, off the record. They agree to meet up that morning. The Lt. drives to the meeting area and waits. Maybe he walks around to check the area out first by getting there early. Maybe he is overtaken and it is not him that speaks into the radio. It is set up and they leave it open as a possible suicide to make it confusing for authorities.

Okay. You just woke up my mind to a plausible conspiracy theory here. Not bad. But someone would know if that was LT voice or someone elses. Especially if the other person is a cop. Maybe they should bring in audiologist experts for that theory. Good plausible for those who don't think suicide but are not buying the 2ws and 1b suspects as well.

Good post KD23

I took it to mean where the body was located is not within range of the camera's if they were working. He didn't strike me as odd at all. If he knew anything he wouldn't have offered so much time to the reporter. He'd have made excuses and went back to work.

I will have to say that is possible. But there are also offenders who insert themselves to their crimes, talk, act forthcoming and helpful. Depends on the offender. It is something I am keenly aware of from my actual experiences.

He questions him on the where the locations the camera shoots. He said sidelot and parking lot. Basically the premise. Then he is asked if it would have be able to see the LT. Car and then he says No, probably not gone that far out. Asked about the police and atf, have they been out here. Yeah they've been here more than once. He says he told them obviously their not working and we don't anything that would help them as far as where they were, everything accounted for.

Something that's interesting to me is that some people can't fathom that this officer could kill himself, but can entertain the possibility of a conspiracy in which multiple officers are involved in the murder of a colleague.

For me personally, homicide makes more sense than suicide, unless I find out he was under serious investigation for major wrongdoing. But if not then I do not believe he would leave his 4 sons so tragically just because he was only getting 75% of his pay. Plenty of people retire and find a way to earn that 25% back to supplement. And I don't think that multiple people had to be in on it. One other person could have pulled it off, imo. JMO

Also, it would not be seen as the 'murder of a colleague. ' It would be self-preservation against a potential whistle blower, imo.

Something that's interesting to me is that some people can't fathom that this officer could kill himself, but can entertain the possibility of a conspiracy in which multiple officers are involved in the murder of a colleague.

Montjoy. Agreed.

For anyone interested, here is a source on Statement Analysis.

"It is reported that up to 70% of existing police files on unsolved cases have a "confession by pronoun" contained within them. Some believe this number is even higher."

Possessive Pronoun
In studies, we look at "confession by pronoun" where the various subjects have, inadvertently, used "we" to connect himself to the criminal.

In Statement Analysis, we know that truthful people recall from memory meaning that they can recite backwards and forwards what happened, but deceptive people are noted because sometimes they mix up order. When something is out of order, it is a red flag for deception.

http://.blogspot.com/2012/10/pronouns-and-confessions.html

Yeah, I had left to go and get a sandwich and When I came back his car was there and the ambulance was pulling in
So We We just missed it. We were outside it happened actually.
None We didn’t hear none of that.
No When I seen it.
well actually We the actually the camera system is not working
We don’t have anything that would help them as far as where they were
We walk back there sometimes
They didn’t have ah they had at least 20 minutes or so they said

I am not an expert but my take.
He used "I" when he spoke about leaving to go and get the sandwich. And continued to use "I" when he returned. He then shifts into using "we" just missed it. But we know he used "I" when going to get a sandwich, and when he returned, which to me indicated this part is truthful. That he alone may have left. He then further, changes sequence back to "We" in stating they were outside when it happened. To me, this is a red flag. Change of sequence. And the continuation of the use of "We". Who is "we"? I am tired. Have to go to bed. Night All.

Also, it would not be seen as the 'murder of a colleague. ' It would be self-preservation against a potential whistle blower, imo.

rsbm

Call me old school, but murder is murder, and I don't care if a colleague thinks of it as self-preservation.

Let's not forget that police officers are more likely to kill themselves than members of the general public. And people kill themselves every hour of every day knowing full well that it will hurt those who love them. They do it even though nobody expects them to do so.

This suicide (if that is the case) also appears to many to have been staged to look like he was killed in the line of duty, which could be seen as a way of providing for his family while still satisfying a deep personal need.

And regardless of this case, I think that homicide is more horrible than suicide. As awful as a decision as it is, it is still one's own decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni