IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the case being closed by the end of Nov. as Filenko has stated, mean totally closed, or just suicide vs. murder? I take a closed case to mean closed. No longer looking for suspects, nothing else to do once it's closed.

I agree. Saying that the case would be closed by November says a lot to me. I mean if it's a murder, you don't just say: "Well, folks, it's a murder and we're done!" You wouldn't close it unless you had a murderer and that murderer went to trial and was found guilty, right?

However, if it were a suicide (or self inflicted accidental death), then they would close the case since they were not looking for a murderer.

At least that's how I look at it.

Earlier in this case I mentioned how all death investigations begin as homicide investigations until proven differently. I found this coroners info in another area of the forum looking for something unrelated to this case, but I thought I would share it here.

My rule of thumb as a death investigator is thatEVERY death is a homicide, until I can prove otherwise.Homicide is my hypothesis unless evidence is collected that supports an alternativehypothesis. I guarantee that if a family member of yours were to die underany circumstances but the most benign, you will want the death investigator assignedto the case to have that attitude – rather than “assume” that nothing suspicioushas happened.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...every-MP-investigator-family-member-must-know

I have no doubt this is exactly what Filenko means by having all the information and by all means they should before making any final conclusions. Whatever the outcome the family deserves nothing less.

Reviewing my earlier post, there were several future/end statements made, not just "closed". Will it be "conclusion", "conclusionS", "closed", "finding"......
Officially, the public knows nothing more about why Lt. Joe Gliniewicz died than the day it happened. The police official in charge of that investigation tells the I-Team that conclusions in the case are upcoming, within a few weeks. In an interview with the I-Team, task force commander George Filenko says the case may not be closed until near the end of November.

"We are hoping to come to at least some conclusions in the next several weeks, but the investigation is still moving forward," Cmdr. Filenko says.

It's been nearly 50 days and counting since lt. Gliniewicz was found in a Fox Lake field, dead from two gunshots wounds while on his way into work.

Commander Filenko, who leads a consortium of local, county, state and federal authorities-says the case is moving toward a conclusion.

"I think what we are looking at here is at least a finding by the coroner's office," he says. "I've been in contact with Dr. Rudd, our coroner, continuously, sometimes several times a week discussing the case. We have been working in unison, he has been extremely cooperative."

My head is spinning. Let me off this ride. Is it Filenko? ABC's reporting? What? BBM below on what could/may/might/should/would be happening. Will it be conclusion, conclusionS, closed, some conclusionS, finding......?

Although almost a month and a half old, an earlier CBS investigative report on the PD incident investigation has some good details I haven't seen discussed recently. Yes, MSM and unnamed source, but.....

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/09/09/internal-investigation-into-fox-lake-police-department-raises-questions/

The investigation is looking into, “the handling of a December 2014 incident involving a police officer and a male arrestee in custody…”
A source tells CBS 2 Investigators the whole thing was caught on camera. The source calls it police brutality, an inmate beaten twice in his cell.
In a statement on Aug. 21, “The village has concerns with respect to how the incident was investigated, when it was investigated and how decisions regarding the findings and discipline were reached.”
CBS 2 Investigators submitted a Freedom Of Information Act request to the village of Fox Lake on August 5, requesting a copy of the video from inside the jail cell. That request was denied, citing an ongoing investigation.

The recent interview with Filenco was the most anti climatic news release to date. I don't like the way the interview was edited either. It made room for debate about what exactly is going to be concluded. Most importantly, the part about the case being concluded at the end of November. I would have rather heard exactly what Filenco said and not paraphrased by the reporter.

The news piece seemed to serve no other purpose than Filenco making a preemptive move to lessen the back lash no mater what the MOD turns out to be. I myself wouldn't do that weeks before MOD is released. I'd do it days before.

Interesting comments below the I-Team article ABC7 Chicago JMO

Interesting comments below the I-Team article ABC7 Chicago JMO

Yes, very interesting. They brought up a Kenosha County man being held in Lake county. I'm surprised no one mentioned it before. Timing and descriptions fit.

Yes, very interesting. They brought up a Kenosha County man being held in Lake county. I'm surprised no one mentioned it before. Timing and descriptions fit.

What descriptions fit? He was a black or a white man? I guess he fits as a possible scapegoat, which makes the fiction of the suspects (if it is, as evidence suggests, a fiction) all the more shameful and despicable.

What descriptions fit? He was a black or a white man? I guess he fits as a possible scapegoat, which makes the fiction of the suspects (if it is, as evidence suggests, a fiction) all the more shameful and despicable.

They did point out that the auspect did have connections to Antioch and Fox Lake.

Of all the comments, the one about the man in custody was not what I found most interesting. If only these people would give interviews on MSM!

I was amazed at the amount of money being raised at the fundraisers for LTs family. Do they have to pay taxes on all that? His wife could end up doing quite well, if what I read is true.

I was amazed at the amount of money being raised at the fundraisers for LTs family. Do they have to pay taxes on all that? His wife could end up doing quite well, if what I read is true.

I think she would have to claim it on her income tax as cash gift.

When will she get his retirement and how much will that be? I read the line-of-duty payout is $500k.

Since the money is likely being given under the pretense that he was killed in the line of duty, I wonder if she'll give any of it back if/when his death is determined to be a suicide?

Since the money is likely being given under the pretense that he was killed in the line of duty, I wonder if she'll give any of it back if/when his death is determined to be a suicide?

I think it's just being given to support her and the family. People are probably more likely to give if they believe he was killed in the line of duty, but I think she would get donations no matter what.

And IMO if he did commit suicide she's still a victim.

I would think people have her money to support her after the loss of her husband who served his community for 30 years as well as his country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of what he has done is the fault of his widow. If it turns out that he killed himself, then I have tremendous sympathy for her.

I think its interesting that nothing has come out about Joe's past that would even hint that he was capable of faking his manner of death. If he had any serious character flaws you would think they would have surfaced much earlier. He seems to have served his community and country admirably. No matter how he died his family is devastated. If you can't cut him any slack at least have some empathy for what his family is going thru.

I think its interesting that nothing has come out about Joe's past that would even hint that he was capable of faking his manner of death. If he had any serious character flaws you would think they would have surfaced much earlier. He seems to have served his community and country admirably. No matter how he died his family is devastated. If you can't cut him any slack at least have some empathy for what his family is going thru.

Why would a character flaw(s) be necessary for Lt. CG to be capable of faking his manner of death? Wouldn't his knowledge of police investigations/homicide investigations be enough for him to be capable of faking his manner of death? Personally, I don't see character flaws as having anything to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPParadise