IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow is all I can say. Not only did he take the cowards way out, but he also implicated his own blood with his text message trail before he killed himself. It doesn't take much investigating to identify who Individual #1 and Individual #2 is.

Did he not think those text messages would be found? Did he really think that deleting the messages from his phone and shooting his phone would eliminate the electronic trail? Wow!

My word! Investigators may want to look at cases he worked on, if he would go this far to stage his own death is there more than embezzlement? what else is unknown... Jmt

ciao

I haven't had a chance to read all the latest updates and was just wondering if there is any chance at all that he got taken out in an attempt to make him the scapegoat for everything?

I wish there was, but I honestly don't think so. The coroner, the Task Force, the FBI, etc all agree that the evidence concludes he took his own life. And the reasoning behind it (among potential other reasons) was that he was about to be found out by the county administrator.

The last text in the documents is on 8/31 from LT Joe to Chief Behan: "JG: “She has now demanded a complete inventory of exploder central and a financial report…FML"

jmo

I live less than a mile from where he shot himself and have been mostly silently lurking on here. I have thought suicide for awhile now however the majority people on social media, mostly locals, seem to think this was an inside job. They aren't buying into the text messages or the bank information. They think it's a giant cover up.

Wow is all I can say. Not only did he take the cowards way out, but he also implicated his own blood with his text message trail before he killed himself. It doesn't take much investigating to identify who Individual #1 and Individual #2 is.

Did he not think those text messages would be found? Did he really think that deleting the messages from his phone and shooting his phone would eliminate the electronic trail? Wow!

Welcome to WS, schaffman! :welcome:

The longer I live, the more I'm reminded that we really don't "know" people if they don't want us to know them. I'll admit that I was actually offended that people would say he had committed suicide earlier on, but in listening to the press conference and doing some more reading, I think they looked for every way to rule OUT suicide before they finally had to come to this conclusion. I will trust that the investigation ws more than thorough unless some real proof comes along that it wasn't.

Shocking conclusion to this case.

The FB page "We Remember Police LT Joe Gliniewicz" has been taken down

I wish there was, but I honestly don't think so. The coroner, the Task Force, the FBI, etc all agree that the evidence concludes he took his own life. And the reasoning behind it (among potential other reasons) was that he was about to be found out by the county administrator.

The last text in the documents is on 8/31 from LT Joe to Chief Behan: "JG: “She has now demanded a complete inventory of exploder central and a financial report…FML"

jmo

Yea. It all seems pretty damning on the surface.

I am just struggling some with the way it all went down. Seems if he wanted to just off himself then why the elaborate chase bad guys in the woods. Was kind of wondering if maybe his co-conspirators wanted to silence him so he couldn't testify against anyone else.

Like maybe they set him up and called in a fake report of suspicous guys near the building and those suspicious guys could have been his co-conspirators waiting for him with guns.

I know someone on the first thread said they checked his email against the Ashley Madison data dump but I'm wondering now if he might've used a different email address since Filenko mentioned adult websites.

Yea. It all seems pretty damning on the surface.

I am just struggling some with the way it all went down. Seems if he wanted to just off himself then why the elaborate chase bad guys in the woods. Was kind of wondering if maybe his co-conspirators wanted to silence him so he couldn't testify against anyone else.

Like maybe they set him up and called in a fake report of suspicous guys near the building and those suspicious guys could have been his co-conspirators waiting for him with guns.

Trust me, this was my very first theory about the case - that he was set up and then ambushed. But then killed with his own gun? That's what made me cross over to the suicide theory.

And then all this evidence today just solidifies that, for me anyway. It's hard to wrap your head around though; I'm having the same problem.

jmo

I live less than a mile from where he shot himself and have been mostly silently lurking on here. I have thought suicide for awhile now however the majority people on social media, mostly locals, seem to think this was an inside job. They aren't buying into the text messages or the bank information. They think it's a giant cover up.

This isn't directed at you browncat. I liken those who refuse to acknowledge the evidence to those who still insist Elvis is alive.

Grrrr, dang computer!

CUBBY:

Federal LE (federal gov't) uses LEAVE...took me forever to get used to asking for LEAVE instead of vacation days.
But, obviously he's talking to someone not on a federal level, so gosh, I don't know. Military could certainly make sense, as his department could have officers that are prior military and/or officers that do military reserve duty. Not surprising in this line of work.

I know someone on the first thread said they checked his email against the Ashley Madison data dump but I'm wondering now if he might've used a different email address since Filenko mentioned adult websites.

IMO I don't think he was going to the Ashley Madison type adult websites. 'Different types' imo.

Grrrr, dang computer!

CUBBY:

Federal LE (federal gov't) uses LEAVE...took me forever to get used to asking for LEAVE instead of vacation days.
But, obviously he's talking to someone not on a federal level, so gosh, I don't know. Military could certainly make sense, as his department could have officers that are prior military and/or officers that do military reserve duty. Not surprising in this line of work.

Lt. G was military (retired reserve) himself.
He was LE and military but seemed to identify strongly with military imo.
He lived mostly among civilians though.

IMO I don't think he was going to the Ashley Madison type adult websites. Not that any of it is classy, but thinking along the lines of different adult sites. IMO

Say no more. Can this get any worse? Yes, it can.

I'm waiting to hear a possible total of the theft of funds, etc.
Was it $20K? $40K? $100K What, over the course of 7 years? Has anyone heard a number yet?

I'm still on the fence on whether the wife knew or might not have known. If it were a total of $20K or so over 7 years, that's not much on an annual basis, so realistically she may not have known.
If it were $100K+ and their lifestyle changed for the "better" in the last few years, maybe she had to wonder how that was possible?

I know he mentioned in that one email that his wife, the Chief knew (about something), but it could be as innocent as just him telling her about the big bad administrator and wanting to change the explorer charter, etc...and she still wouldn't know about the embezzlement/theft, etc.

I'm not convicting her yet of knowing what he was doing, financially. But, I'm interested in knowing more as it comes out!

JMO

Welcome! Being somewhat local, what was your initial thought about this case, if you don't mind my asking?

It all stopped adding up for me the day before the procession. That's when my husband and I really started questioning if it was suicide. Which is how I ended up here! The refusal of backup, no real description of the three males, the whispers of an investigation, the lack of being able to find any solid evidence, the feds pulling out so quickly...
Honestly, deep down I really, really hoped we were wrong. With all of the negative press that police get, I SO wanted him to be the hero he was portrayed as. Watching today's PC, it just pissed me off really. Being active in the vet community, I know of so many vets that commit suicide because of PTSD and health issue and this and that. While I obviously can't know exactly what the LT was thinking, I feel like he committed suicide to a. benefit his family, and b. to save himself from prosecution. Very much the easy way out IMO.

Inside Edition just reported two alleged co-conspirators are being investigated.

I'm curious. Is there anyone who still thinks that the LT's family is still entitled to his benefits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95