IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuz,

(Again, sorry I can't reply to quote)

Yes, I do. Sorry to say, but pension, yes.

NOW...do I wish he would have been caught stealing funds from an explorer group several years ago, and maybe been fired several years ago? Yes. He wouldn't have received so many years of credited service.

But yes, and as I've said before, most people get their pensions, private and public servants that are convicted of crimes. And as of now, we have no reason to believe his wife/children were involved in his stealing, do we?

Respectfully, JMO.

Inside Edition just reported two alleged co-conspirators are being investigated.

I thought that was made public during the presser. Clearly those two other people know who they are. I hope precautions are being taken to ensure no one else harms themself and none of the threats discussed between the three are carried out.

I'm waiting to hear a possible total of the theft of funds, etc.
Was it $20K? $40K? $100K What, over the course of 7 years? Has anyone heard a number yet?

I'm still on the fence on whether the wife knew or might not have known. If it were a total of $20K or so over 7 years, that's not much on an annual basis, so realistically she may not have known.
If it were $100K+ and their lifestyle changed for the "better" in the last few years, maybe she had to wonder how that was possible?

I know he mentioned in that one email that his wife, the Chief knew (about something), but it could be as innocent as just him telling her about the big bad administrator and wanting to change the explorer charter, etc...and she still wouldn't know about the embezzlement/theft, etc.

I'm not convicting her yet of knowing what he was doing, financially. But, I'm interested in knowing more as it comes out!

JMO

Unfortunately she worked for the Explorer program too.
Iirc she helped with the books. No link.

^^^^Well, eek^^^^

Okay, still waiting to read more about that!

I'm curious. Is there anyone who still thinks that the LT's family is still entitled to his benefits?

With what came out today, it certainly might change a few things. But legally there might not be any options other than pay the 75% of his salary. Can you charge a dead man with a crime? Him being charged and convicted would be the only way they could reduce pension. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think she'll end up getting it. Probably not the extra 25% for being killed in the line of duty. Workmans comp payout is also in a greyer area.

IF she had nothing to do with the stolen money, then yes I think she/they should get it. The estate can possibly still be liened though to get the money back.

OT
Congrats on your sons wedding! Try not to get too stressed :)

If I have a vote which I don't :) I would say let him invite most of who he wants since it should be a joyous time for all, but tell him only this one which is hopefully his lifetime soulmate. Also dont do like my Dad did and have an open bar :) My friends took too much advantage of that and the bill was large.

Seriously though Congrrats and best wishes for all !

Thanks Hatield. I rarely stress about anything. No here in Canada most do a tooney bar. It's the invite list I am stressing about. Wedding Is destination. Cost 8 grand. Reception back home 3 grand split. We can invite 4 couples which does not include our close circle of friends. None of my friends I have known since age 11. In my book u invite all or none. My Son hates my hubbs uncle since he made an untoward comment about me 4 years ago. If he is not invited Likely Gramdma will not come. I thank Gawd my parents are not alive as I now they are rolling in their graves. Dysfunction was never allowed. Hubby's family Yes with some. Sorry to be O/T. I have a cold and feel like crap

This isn't directed at you browncat. I liken those who refuse to acknowledge the evidence to those who still insist Elvis is alive.

He is, I have seen them on the State Farm commercial. :lol:

I'm waiting to hear a possible total of the theft of funds, etc.
Was it $20K? $40K? $100K What, over the course of 7 years? Has anyone heard a number yet?

I'm still on the fence on whether the wife knew or might not have known. If it were a total of $20K or so over 7 years, that's not much on an annual basis, so realistically she may not have known.
If it were $100K+ and their lifestyle changed for the "better" in the last few years, maybe she had to wonder how that was possible?

I know he mentioned in that one email that his wife, the Chief knew (about something), but it could be as innocent as just him telling her about the big bad administrator and wanting to change the explorer charter, etc...and she still wouldn't know about the embezzlement/theft, etc.

I'm not convicting her yet of knowing what he was doing, financially. But, I'm interested in knowing more as it comes out!

JMO

There were numerous picture of a vacation CG and wife took to Hawaii on their Facebook page.

Based on Lt G's written communications w "LFL Executive" (Learning for Life, in Boy Scout/Explorer Post lingo), imo appears LFL is a BSA employee whose duties involve coordinating between BSA regional/dist/nat'l/intrnat'l ofc/HQ and the local Explorers Post, esp Post leaders, that "LFL" is a fulltime paid staff member of BSA. Does not appear LFL is a volunteer involved w Lt G's (or Fox Lake PD) Post.

ETA: In essence LFL was advising Lt G re which other local organizations (like Rotary) might be an approp. sponsor for the Post, as an alternative to FLPD.

Could be all wrong.

ETA2: In docs embedded here: http://www.lakecountyjournal.com/20...crutiny-over-police-explorer-program/al3hhzc/ Nov 4

As I said, new to this case just yesterday, and found of interest the CALL he was responding to was to go do inventory for the Explorers.

Radio.JPG

FYI a tooney is 2 dollars in Canada since we got rid of the 2 dollar bill. The one dollar is a Loonie and we are getting rid of pennies. FYI.

Lt. G was military (retired reserve) himself.
He was LE and military but seemed to identify strongly with military imo.
He lived mostly among civilians though.

Quoting self to support a correction.
It appears Lt. G wasn't retired military.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/04/us/fox-lake-illinois-police-officer-joe-gliniewicz/

Gliniewicz served in active duty and reserve from 1980 until 2007, just shy of serving twenty years.
He left the military with a rank of first sergeant.

wth, two years prior to reaching twenty years - makes no sense.
What happened there?

Without researching, not sure how active duty and reserve duty years are or can be combined toward retirement.

I thought that was made public during the presser. Clearly those two other people know who they are. I hope precautions are being taken to ensure no one else harms themself and none of the threats discussed between the three are carried out.

Oh thanks. Just finished listening. Thought the two other players involved may have been speculated about because of the emails and/or texts.
Hope they're not about to kill themselves as well.

Wow is all I can say. Not only did he take the cowards way out, but he also implicated his own blood with his text message trail before he killed himself. It doesn't take much investigating to identify who Individual #1 and Individual #2 is.

Did he not think those text messages would be found? Did he really think that deleting the messages from his phone and shooting his phone would eliminate the electronic trail? Wow!

If it weren't for you guys I would miss so many things that are so obvious.

Oh the irony of him shooting his phone ...thanks for pointing out the obvious..that is obvious for others ..:blush: I needed a nudge lol

My word! Investigators may want to look at cases he worked on, if he would go this far to stage his own death is there more than embezzlement? what else is unknown... Jmt

ciao

Iirc they used the term * money laundering * which is different than embezzlement .. :thinking:

attachment.php

Attachments

• liar 1.JPG
    liar 1.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 364
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors