IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What he did was very wrong, but I am concerned his wife and children are going to be punished for his wrongdoing. It breaks my heart to think of them left without any compensation because he committed suicide and organizations are demanding their money back. His wife and children don't deserve to be stripped of everything, imo. I hope people will consider them before making rash decisions. I cannot imagine how horrible it is to deal with his death even thinking he is a hero and then to find out he isn't in such a huge way. They have to live with this nightmare and are very much victims.

Figure this is safe to post now. But beware. NSFW images ahead. Also anyone may find the images really upsetting so I am warning big time. But it is on twitter, so...

https://twitter.com/gliniewj/favorites
I'm not seeing much beyond what a number of military acquaintances might have posted. Some a bit gruff admittedly unless I'm missing something? (And seriously not trying to be naive )

What he did was very wrong, but I am concerned his wife and children are going to be punished for his wrongdoing. It breaks my heart to think of them left without any compensation because he committed suicide and organizations are demanding their money back. His wife and children don't deserve to be stripped of everything, imo. I hope people will consider them before making rash decisions. I cannot imagine how horrible it is to deal with his death even thinking he is a hero and then to find out he isn't in such a huge way. They have to live with this nightmare and are very much victims.

And if they knew, or involved?

I'm not seeing much beyond what a number of military acquaintances might have posted. Some a bit gruff admittedly unless I'm missing something? (And seriously not trying to be naive )

Considering what was stated today about funds with adult sites, keep looking. One of his 7 favorites (he had to favorite that) is VERY NSFW. Combined with some of his followers, and who he was following.

And if they knew, or involved?

Considering what was stated today about funds with adult sites, keep looking. One of his 7 favorites (he had to favorite that) is VERY NSFW. Combined with some of his followers, and who he was following.
Aha!!!! Oh I so wish this wasn't what his legacy will be.

Aha!!!! Oh I so wish this wasn't what his legacy will be.

His entire plan really backfired, huh? Not only does everyone now know what he was up to but his family is also left to deal with the brunt of everything. I think he was hoping to die a hero and for this to never come out to the public.

jmo

The early signs indicate that his wife might have been involved in the theft.

Another thing that makes me angry is that, according to Filenko at the press conference, the money stolen was used for very selfish things, imo - travel, gym memberships, adult websites, etc. It's not as though they were starving and he needed the money to buy food to feed his family.

JMO

All about his needs, his fun, his physique, his heroism. None of that costs money unless you have to buy it. JMO

Any way of posting this? I can't see it. Not on twitter. PM? ty JMO

Gliniewicz faced sexual harassment complaint years ago

Fox Lake gave Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz a hero’s funeral this year.

But more than a decade earlier, Gliniewicz was featured prominently in a little-noticed federal sexual harassment lawsuit. Fox Lake Police Officer Denise Sharpe accused Gliniewicz of offering to protect her job at the department in exchange for sexual favors.

Gliniewicz was suspended for a month from the department because of the relationship, but Fox Lake’s attorneys denied in court papers that Sharpe was forced to do anything.

More at link: http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/...-faced-sexual-harassment-complaints-years-ago

I'm waiting to hear a possible total of the theft of funds, etc.
Was it $20K? $40K? $100K What, over the course of 7 years? Has anyone heard a number yet?

I'm still on the fence on whether the wife knew or might not have known. If it were a total of $20K or so over 7 years, that's not much on an annual basis, so realistically she may not have known.
If it were $100K+ and their lifestyle changed for the "better" in the last few years, maybe she had to wonder how that was possible?

I know he mentioned in that one email that his wife, the Chief knew (about something), but it could be as innocent as just him telling her about the big bad administrator and wanting to change the explorer charter, etc...and she still wouldn't know about the embezzlement/theft, etc.

I'm not convicting her yet of knowing what he was doing, financially. But, I'm interested in knowing more as it comes out!

JMO

They said five figures. About a month ago this had been talked about elsewhere and the amount of $50,000. Came up.
Now, seems to me with the right lawyer he could have avoided jail time and paid restitution. His life wasn't totally over.....unless it is much bigger than embezzelment.

They mentioned forging signatures to purchase weapons from the government. What IF they were being sold on the blackmarket? I wondered why Homeland security, FBI and ATF were there so fast. Maybe he was being investigated for awhile And by more than the village administrator.

Idk the article says he used Explorers funds for personal use. Laundering would be deposit monies from illegal means. Different msm saying different things. Lying and stealing from people who trusted him so sad.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/illinois-embezzled-police-money-suicide-article-1.2423131

ciao

Yes, laundering. I should have queued up the video of the presser vs. just saying such as many haven't seen the presser yet. In the presser, he referring to it as laundering. I've done such now. Video queued to start below at 3:45 in presser where he says laundering... HTH

ETA: This video was queued..... but in replay isn't queuing to 3:45.... you'll need to move circle to 3:45... I tried!

[video]https://youtu.be/UAPA8e-l-pY?t=3m45s[/video]

[video=youtube;UAPA8e-l-pY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAPA8e-l-pY[/video]

The tweet has a few photos of himself, his torso, his tattoos, and one very graphic, very hard core *advertiser censored* photo (that IS NOT of him).

Not sure why it even got linked to.

On 6:00pm ABC news, Chuck Goudie said that in response to questions about whether Lt.CG's family knew about what was going on, there was no comment. If Lt.CG's wife and perhaps his children didn't know anything, wouldn't Filenko have said so?

The tweet has a few photos of himself, his torso, his tattoos, and one very graphic, very hard core *advertiser censored* photo.

Not sure why it even got linked to.

The hard core *advertiser censored* is not his post. It is someone he followed, I think. His posts are all about him as well as some with social commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990