IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This story disgusts and angers me deeply. Excuse my little rant but I need to get this off my chest. My husband was seriously injured in the line of duty last year and can no longer work in LE due to the injury. He also served in Iraq and was in the reserves but cannot do that either due to injury when he was attempting to just do his job honestly and serve and protect. Within the past year he has buried two friends who were killed in the line of duty in our large city. To then see something like this is disgusting and disgraceful to all officers and their loved ones who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

My husband was watching this on the news and had one question that I told him I would ask on here. Do we know if a gun shot residue test was done on his hands before or during the autopsy? I know there was residue under his vest but hadn't read about his hands. Believe me, I think this was suicide I guess my husband was wondering if they did find gun shot powder residue on his hands, they prob had to have a pretty good idea right away that this was suicide.

Sorry for the long post. This case really bothers me.

I'm so sorry that happened to your husband!

The answer to the GS residue is yes, they found it on his hands early on (but tried to keep that info quiet for a while). This article from September alludes to it. http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-police-shooting-met-0922-20150921-story.html

Not at all surprised that wife and son are being investigated. I think many of us figured that based on the messages released today. My heart aches for his sons and other loved ones who had nothing to do with this.

Thank you guys for reading my post and sharing the links. It's very much appreciated!

Yes. 06/25/25 – Messages between Gliniewicz and Individual #2
JG: “You are borrowing from that ‘other’ account, when you get back youll have to start dumping money into that account or you will be visiting me in JAIL!! The 1600 and the 77 all came from there…”
JG: “And FYI, all but 1500 of everything borrowed came from that ‘other’ acct, hence why I closed the us bank and opened bmo acct to keep it from being traced… Nad making p300 their own 501c3, no longer considered a village acct.”
06/26/15 – Messages between Gliniewicz and Individual #2
JG: I’m sticking my neck out there with loaning you over $2377.00 to fix your truck specifically and only to help accommodate your summer leave, trip to OK. I would not have otherwise. I can’t even pay for state now cause their account is down to %1578.72, and that’s 4 bodies and 2 advisors at $450 a piece!! Not to mention the $3,055.72 still left to pay for their uniforms… I will need you to do an allotment to their account, at min $100 a month VERY SOON!!
JG: “So if called on the carpet I can say, “we give our explorers and advisors loans from time to time if it is needed, and this is proof it is being paid back” you get whwre I’m coming from? This village administrator hates me and the explorer program. This situation right here would give her the means to CRUCIFY ME it it were discovered. Compound this with “if" I was selected for chief of antioch, i would be leaving here and would have to turn this account over to someone else…
JG: “the 1600 is undocumented, it was cash from boot camp, so there is no check trial to follow, only our sheet that indicates who attended and if they paid. So thus far there is only the check I wrote last night to you that says “loan” in the memo section. All the rest of your left over $$$ I moved to the old explorer credit card and have been making payments on that when I can. This was all to keep you informed of the gravity of the situation, and the necessity to show repayment.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...riminal-Activity-340194422.html#ixzz3qZZsFhRB
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook
Yes. I'm guessing he is the receipiant of these too.

Not to defend him by these texts do indicate a plan to put money back into the account at some point. I wonder how he justified this to himself. Did he contribute a lot of his time or own money? Did he figure he would eventually pay it back at some point? The reason I am discussing this is that these are all extenuating circumstances that could have easily been explained in court at some point and reduce his time etc. Jesse Jackson and his wife did far worse and served minimal time. He could have worked with this. Why the need to commit suicide? And in the grander scheme of things we are not talking about that much money here. People have embezzled millions and served soft time. He could have gotten out of this without much publicity in my opinion and saved his family and his community a lot of grief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry that happened to your husband!

The answer to the GS residue is yes, they found it on his hands early on (but tried to keep that info quiet for a while). This article from September alludes to it. http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-police-shooting-met-0922-20150921-story.html

Thank you! I wish they would inform many of the people that don't have this info and are using the lack of it to further conspiracy theories of this but I can understand why they tried to keep it quiet for investigative purposes relating to the ongoing investigation of wife and son.

Joe was very familiar with the concrete plant property as he used it to run tactical training exercises for his explorers. - Filenko on AC360, CNN

Not to defend him by these texts do indicate a plan to put money back into the account at some point. I wonder how he justified this to himself. Did he contribute a lot of his time or own money? Did he figure he would eventually pay it back at some point? The reason I am discussing this is that these are all extenuating circumstances that could have easily been explained in court at some point and reduce his time etc. Jesse Jackson and his wife did far worse and served minimal time. He could have worked with this. Why the need to commit suicide? And in the grander scheme of things we are not talking about that much money here. People have embezzled millions and served soft time. He could have gotten out of this without much publicity in my opinion and saved his family and his community a lot of grief.

I dont understand either. I think one possibility is that in his mind he was trying to secure his families financial future and his legacy to his children in anyway he could, so figured this was the best way to accomplish both at the same time. My issue with this is, a rational mind would realize that they were already onto him and possibly his wife and son too. I don't think this man was rational, I think he was narcissistic and thought he could pull this off and be remembered as a hero.

On the other hand, maybe he did act impulsively that morning and it wasn't as planned as it appeared. I would be interested in knowing what the night before and the morning of his suicide were like in his home...like how he acted towards wife and kids in home, etc. it's possible it was an impulsive act. I also wonder about any mental health issues.

I posted very early on. I was distressed at yet another PO dying in the line of duty, and my fullest sympathy was with his family and Fox Lake. The Fox Lake community response in the aftermath of the shooting was truly heartwarming.

Since then I've followed and not commented. I didn't want to believe this was one huge FU to everyone who came together to mourn, to express their respect, to those boys in the Explorer program who looked up to their leader and said how much he inspired them, to his sons who carried his coffin...

Today my 12 year old son said something I had to take a minute to think about. He said "Maybe he was a great Police Officer, but he was a crappy person".

Maybe he was. Right now I'm feeling hugely let down by this man. And whoever his partners in crime were.

BBM.
Cop in jail doesn't always go well.
Ego
again Ego. He could never handle not being known as super GI Joe when it all came out he was stealing funds from the explorer program, among other things.
Additional funds for the family if it was determined he was killed in the line of duty.
But IMO mostly the whole image he was perceived as would be shown he was not, and that killed him inside, and well it killed him.

Don't forget the following, and followers.
Wow, what an interesting trail through social media one can leave after the fact. A real mix in and outside the community. Some of those local followers/followee I'm fairly sure would not want those connections, if they were aware of them.

Man, the media presence at the Fox Lake PD is huge this afternoon and evening. The parking lot is full, moreso than in the days after things happened. Nothing going on there, but EVERY SINGLE new outlet within a couple of hours is here for a shot outside the PD. This is not near where this morning's presser was held, so they've been camping out in town all day.

Positive signs are coming down in town, like the high school cups in the fence, and negative things are going up. The Reward sign still stands.

Man, the media presence at the Fox Lake PD is huge this afternoon and evening. The parking lot is full, moreso that in the days after things happened. Nothing going on there, but EVERY SINGLE new outlet within a couple of hours is here for a shot outside the PD. This is not near where this morning's presser was held, so they've been camping out in town all day.

Positive signs are coming down in town, like the high school cups in the fence, and negative things are going up. The Reward sign still stands.

Thanks to our locals for helping give us the local vibe. It is really appreciated.

Yes. 06/25/25 – Messages between Gliniewicz and Individual #2
JG: “You are borrowing from that ‘other’ account, when you get back youll have to start dumping money into that account or you will be visiting me in JAIL!! The 1600 and the 77 all came from there…”
JG: “And FYI, all but 1500 of everything borrowed came from that ‘other’ acct, hence why I closed the us bank and opened bmo acct to keep it from being traced… Nad making p300 their own 501c3, no longer considered a village acct.”
06/26/15 – Messages between Gliniewicz and Individual #2
JG: I’m sticking my neck out there with loaning you over $2377.00 to fix your truck specifically and only to help accommodate your summer leave, trip to OK. I would not have otherwise. I can’t even pay for state now cause their account is down to %1578.72, and that’s 4 bodies and 2 advisors at $450 a piece!! Not to mention the $3,055.72 still left to pay for their uniforms… I will need you to do an allotment to their account, at min $100 a month VERY SOON!!
JG: “So if called on the carpet I can say, “we give our explorers and advisors loans from time to time if it is needed, and this is proof it is being paid back” you get whwre I’m coming from? This village administrator hates me and the explorer program. This situation right here would give her the means to CRUCIFY ME it it were discovered. Compound this with “if" I was selected for chief of antioch, i would be leaving here and would have to turn this account over to someone else…
JG: “the 1600 is undocumented, it was cash from boot camp, so there is no check trial to follow, only our sheet that indicates who attended and if they paid. So thus far there is only the check I wrote last night to you that says “loan” in the memo section. All the rest of your left over $$$ I moved to the old explorer credit card and have been making payments on that when I can. This was all to keep you informed of the gravity of the situation, and the necessity to show repayment.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...riminal-Activity-340194422.html#ixzz3qZZsFhRB
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook
Yes. I'm guessing he is the receipiant of these too.

The last three sentences pretty much give away who Lt. CG was communicating with. I don't think there are too many people Lt. CG would be making payments on for money he loaned them.

This is worse than I expected.

For all those who are shocked that the victimology findings of an adult American male reveal a pattern of the viewing of internet *advertiser censored*: Uhmmmmm Yeah,and guess what ? Females aren't far behind.

There's a lot to be disgusted with about Charles Gliniewicz's conduct,but sorry folks I don't get the righteous indignation...Odds are your neighbors are probably no better or worse about *advertiser censored* than C.J.Gliniewicz.

On Fox News 32, reporter standing on the lawn of the Gliniewicz house. In the yard is a no trespassing sign.

WGN attaching names to "Individual 1" and "Individual 2". Have only read through the txts once, so don't know that it would all correlate to them, but not good.

http://wgntv.com/2015/11/04/sources-gliniewiczs-widow-son-under-investigation/

http://wgntv.com/2015/11/04/sources-gliniewiczs-widow-son-under-investigation/

FOX LAKE, Ill. – "Fox Lake Lt. Joe Gliniewicz’s wife Melodie and son D.J. are under investigation for spending village funds on personal items, sources tell WGN News."

"Investigators recovered electronic messages deleted from Gliniewicz’s personal and work cell phones, including incriminating statements that had been deleted prior to his suicide. In the release sent to the media, in which some of these message are included, an “Individual 1” and “Individual 2” are listed. Melodie and D.J. Gliniewicz are these “Individuals,” multiple sources say."

Reply to night train:

BUT other folks, whatever their sexual proclivities, are not paying for *advertiser censored* sites out of youth group and village funds!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llamb79