IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The people above him in the chain of command at the Fox Lake Police Department deserve some of the blame for defrauding the public about what a great guy CG was. Had he been fired years ago, as he should have been, there wouldn't have been the misguided outpouring of charitable support in questionable fundraisers that we have witnessed. Indirectly, those who refused to fire CG when he deserved it are responsible for conning a generous public.

Montjoy,

So many times you and I are on opposite ends of LE related issues.

On this one, we agree. :)

Failure of leadership. Just as happens in private industries and companies. Or countries and elected leaders.

I know it took a lot for those other officers to write that letter, but they did. They were frustrated with what they were seeing.

Mr DD's fire department is going through a similar situation right now. A Chief that is scared to handle personnel issues, and it does impact the morale of others.

Chief B...am I recalling correctly that he had just retired right before LT killed himself?
If so, I wonder if he had been planning on retiring...or he, too, was feeling the heat of the audit coming down the pike?

Waiting for more, as I'm sure the fallout is only going to get bigger..................................................................

P.S. It still amazes me, having worked in four different levels of government (literally city, county, state and federal) that so many agencies still don't have great fiscal accountability in this day and age. Dixon, IL comes to mind, $53 million by my acquaintance, Rita. Sheesh. Then again, since I deal in financial crimes (among other federal crimes, LOL)...companies aren't much better!

Montjoy,

So many times you and I are on opposite ends of LE related issues.

On this one, we agree. :)

Failure of leadership. Just as happens in private industries and companies. Or countries and elected leaders.

I know it took a lot for those other officers to write that letter, but they did. They were frustrated with what they were seeing.

Mr DD's fire department is going through a similar situation right now. A Chief that is scared to handle personnel issues, and it does impact the morale of others.

We might agree on more than you think. One big problem I have with bad cops is that they are in the minority, but they affect the whole force. They are a corrupting influence because of the strong ties and fraternity of LEOS. But they also make the work of good LEOs harder by tarnishing the reputation of LE in general. This, in turn, encourages both LE and the public to see their relationship as an 'us' versus 'them' situation, which is very unhealthy.

Chief B...am I recalling correctly that he had just retired right before LT killed himself?
If so, I wonder if he had been planning on retiring...or he, too, was feeling the heat of the audit coming down the pike?
The word on the street was that it was quick/forced/hushed due to the recent roughed up drunk incident. I always thought that wasn't a whole lot to abruptly end his career on. It would make more sense if he were peripherally involved in protecting/covering Joe's bizarre world and it was crashing down, that he would get out before it all happened.

At about 34 in the second video, there is a short clip of DJ, the son, with a woman who is definitely not sixty. Since the narration is about the sham marriage, the implication is that the woman is `the’ Kathryn Grams. Take a look!

We might agree on more than you think. One big problem I have with bad cops is that they are in the minority, but they affect the whole force. They are a corrupting influence because of the strong ties and fraternity of LEOS. But they also make the work of good LEOs harder by tarnishing the reputation of LE in general. This, in turn, encourages both LE and the public to see their relationship as an 'us' versus 'them' situation, which is very unhealthy.

I don't think it makes LEO everywhere look bad. I don't look at the cops in my county any differently however if they had a scandal like this I would naturally assume the whole department as well as the city leadership was corrupt. Of course individual officers could be innocent but I would error on the side of caution and view them all with suspicion.

Interesting new details on the genesis of the internal review/audit/investigation in an AP interview of village administrator Marrin. This continues to support my earlier post on the timeline of events leading up to 9/1. While the suicide was staged, I'm not sure it was planned all that far in advance. I think things were crashing down around him. New administrator investigating and not backing off. Chief abruptly bows out.

Q: How did this all start?

A: Gliniewicz became anxious after Fox Lake hired its first professional administrator, Anne Marrin, who made it one of her first orders of business to review finances and inventory assets of all village departments, including the Explorer program.

Marrin told The Associated Press that the lieutenant didn't seem to have answers, which made her want to look deeper. She said their emails were neither heated nor tense, and that he responded, "Yes, ma'am," when she asked for documents. Still, he avoided producing the numbers through his dying day.

"He emailed me ... and said I'll have it to you by 1 or 2 (o'clock). And then the incident happened," she said.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...7d.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

At about 34 in the second video, there is a short clip of DJ, the son, with a woman who is definitely not sixty. Since the narration is about the sham marriage, the implication is that the woman is `the’ Kathryn Grams. Take a look!
Wow. Thanks for that. I missed that. The smile/look on her face says she was familiar at least.

Current state of community sentiment.
CTIshg-WsAAWd2F.jpg

Attachments

• CTIshg-WsAAWd2F.jpg
    CTIshg-WsAAWd2F.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 149
Wow, just to be a fly on the wall inside the squad room. Talk about a mixture of emotions and feelings, from September 1 - now.

This bad apple had to have at least one protector that was equally guilty. I am sure this has been discussed (the thread moves to fast for me to read all posts) but Chief B sure sounds mighty suspicious!

:great::heartluv: :D 1st time we've been on the same page in actually, many cases, I totally agree about CB. Individual # 3 eventually? His name pops up quite a bit.:pillowfight2:

EXCLUSIVE: Cop who faked his own murder went into sex addiction rehab for forcing colleague to perform oral sex and watch him urinate - after targeting her through her son's youth group

Officials revealed Charles Gliniewicz, 52, killed himself on September 1

New court documents reveal he was accused of campaign of sexual abuse

Targeted colleague through the Explorers group he ran and her son was in

Went into sex rehab and was suspended but not fired for harassment

When he died she said on Facebook: 'People don't want to believe the truth'

Personnel file showed other officers wrote to mayor about sex harassment

Also claimed his son was in sham marriage with his ex-lover for money

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Explorer-youth-group-ran.html#ixzz3qj2DfdrS

From above link:

"She also accused the married father-of-four of making lewd comments and urinating in front of her, according to a federal lawsuit."

"In court documents seen by Daily Mail Online, Sharpe Gretz described how Gliniewicz invited her to a hotel in February 2000 to give her a military uniform he had purchased for her son."

"Once there he 'directed her to his hotel room where he gave her a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day.'

"Gliniewicz proceeded to rub her shoulders before pressuring Sharpe Gretz into performing oral sex, according to the complaint filed three years later."

"The 'sexual favors' continued for months despite Sharpe Gretz pleading with Gliniewicz, by then a respected sergeant and her commanding officer, that she wanted it to stop."

'Gliniewicz continued during this time to indicate to Petitioner that these sexual favors were strongly encouraged and/or required to protect her job,' the suit alleged.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Explorer-youth-group-ran.html#ixzz3qj3B00Gw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Wow. Just wow.

I knew suicide was a possibility, but this is all incredibly messed up. Good on the investigators for not just trying to cover it up.

Edit: I'm also not sure if this has been posted, but apparently he also tried to put a hit on the administrator conducting the initial inquiry.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fox-lake-lt-joseph-gliniewicz-tried-put-hit-administrator-police-n458156

This reminds me of those infomercials where they say, "But wait, there's more!".

EXCLUSIVE: Cop who faked his own murder went into sex addiction rehab for forcing colleague to perform oral sex and watch him urinate - after targeting her through her son's youth group

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Explorer-youth-group-ran.html#ixzz3qj2DfdrS

Ow. My. Head. :scared:

The Daily Mail has dug up as much as all of the local media did in the first two months.

I've been wanting to attempt the timeline at the end of their article since about week 1. It has moved so fast in the past 48 hours that it would be tough to keep up! :gaah:

Do Websleuthers ever use a Wiki to all collaborate on a timeline together? It would be a great effort.

Ow. My. Head. :scared:

The Daily Mail has dug up as much as all of the local media did in the first two months.

I've been wanting to attempt the timeline at the end of their article since about week 1. It has moved so fast in the past 48 hours that it would be tough to keep up! :gaah:

Do Websleuthers ever use a Wiki to all collaborate on a timeline together? It would be a great effort.
There is very little in that DailyMail article that hasn't already been revealed. The Sharpe Gretz suit was dug up by and posted here by Walker007, if I remember correctly. It is likely that DM dug into it a little further than we are allowed to do here. Credit where credit is due.

Keep an eye out for another hundred pages or so of the personnel file being posted online. Today's reports are coming from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654