IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are we going to have a separate thread for the insider. Btw. Do they know that depending on their provided information that it is a possibility of family knowing who they are.

I just hope that they play it smart without outing themselves. Jmo

Why would there be a separate thread? It appears as though nobody uses their real name on Websleuths, so how could the family know?

Is there a list somewhere of all the people who are "local?"

I am local.e A few minutes from the crime scene.

I am as well. Not a Fox Lake resident, but multiple ties to the village/community.

FL7,

Local resident list.
I presume that you want a list of Fox Lake residents (local), not members with ties and so on. Is that correct in what you are asking for? Again, I am local.

Why would there be a separate thread? It appears as though nobody uses their real name on Websleuths, so how could the family know?

If they read this forum they may figure it out, but right now I suspect that they are taking cover...or only reading optimistic FB posts. They are in trouble. JMO

Are we going to have a separate thread for the insider. Btw. Do they know that depending on their provided information that it is a possibility of family knowing who they are.

I just hope that they play it smart without outing themselves. Jmo

I wanted this last month in a private area. That could not happen due to the victim policy here.

FL7,

Local resident list.
I presume that you want a list of Fox Lake residents (local), not members with ties and so on. Is that correct in what you are asking for? Again, I am local.

I guess just curious to know who is from Fox Lake or from he surrounding communities , Ingleside, Lake Villa, Round Lake area, Antioch, McHenry...

If they read this forum they may figure it out, but right now I suspect that they are taking cover...or only reading optimistic FB posts. They are in trouble. JMO

Thank you for your explanation...

Is it allowed to post screenshots of things found on Facebook?

Were the Fox Lake EXPLODERS being trained to be good public servants, or being indoctrinated into their beloved GI Joe's sicko world view? I am sure that they had lots of adventure and fun...but what sort of mind set was being developed by their "hero" ? JMO

I know it was a typo, but imo it was pretty funny to see the 'Explorers' called the 'Exploders'.

"e.g., that egregious drunk driving incident"

Not saying that it's right, or that I agree with it, but in law enforcement they call that professional courtesy...

Having had not one but two off duty cops get drunk and kill people in my city over the last two years (oh, and leave the accident scene and not have breathalyzers and been found not guilty)….

professional courtesy = organized crime and accessory to murder.

Having had not one but two off duty cops get drunk and kill people in my city over the last two years (oh, and leave the accident scene and not have breathalyzers and been found not guilty)….

professional courtesy = organized crime and accessory to murder
(bolded by me)

Well put. Not only should CG have faced charges, but the LEOs who "investigated" the DUI and declined to press charges should also be prosecuted.

"e.g., that egregious drunk driving incident"

Not saying that it's right, or that I agree with it, but in law enforcement they call that professional courtesy...

Happens sometimes...

I've caught many breaks from cops,got off the hook in situations I didn't have a prayer of getting out of,I've also had them lie in court or give crazy nit pick'in tickets I couldn't believe.Whatever they are....underneath it all,they're human.If they're expected to be so robotic that they don't take care of their own,I wouldn't expect them to put much heart into taking care of those they protect and serve.

Lived in Fox Lake for about 8 years,about 15 minutes away now.Frequent Grass Lake Rd on the North side all summer long

Happens sometimes...

I've caught many breaks from cops,got off the hook in situations I didn't have a prayer of getting out of,I've also had them lie in court or give crazy nit pick'in tickets I couldn't believe.Whatever they are....underneath it all,they're human.If they're expected to be so robotic that they don't take care of their own,I wouldn't expect them to put much heart into taking care of those they protect and serve.

Lived in Fox Lake for about 8 years,about 15 minutes away now.

This sounds like saying 'boys will be boys'. I don't buy that at all.

I think it's a totally false dichotomy to say that either LEOs are 'human' (hence prone to corruption) on the one hand, or unmotivated to protect and serve, on the other. In fact, I think it's a terrible dichotomy.

Being a professional -- that is, someone who is paid to do a job -- entails that you are a human that respects his/her responsibilities. We're not talking about LEOs being artists. They are paid to protect and serve *everyone* -- not just some people, or some more than others. They are paid to follow a code -- not to pursue self-interest and greed by being corrupt when it serves them. Being professional and following the rules does not make one a robot. It makes one a decent, responsible adult who deserves the pay they are given.

I'm from Ingleside (think I've posted this already) just a couple minutes from the crime scene. :)

Happens sometimes...

Lived in Fox Lake for about 8 years,about 15 minutes away now.Frequent Grass Lake Rd on the North side all summer long

Thank you, now you got me trying to remember what's on Grass Lake Road...LoL!

I think it's a totally false dichotomy to say that either LEOs are 'human' (hence prone to corruption) on the one hand, or unmotivated to protect and serve, on the other. In fact, I think it's a terrible dichotomy.

Being a professional -- that is, someone who is paid to do a job -- entails that you are a human to respects their responsibilities. We're not talking about LEOs being artists. They are paid to protect and serve *everyone* -- not just some people, or some more than others. They are paid to follow a code -- not to pursue self-interest and greed by being corrupt when it serves them. Being professional and following the rules does not make one a robot. It makes one a decent, responsible adult who deserves the pay they are given.

I agree. And actually I am disgusted to entertain the thought that "boys will be boys" here. I don't give a flip what kind of good old boy network people think they are a part of, everyone should be held accountable. Guess what? When I speed, and I do, and I get stopped by a cop, I am fully expecting to get a ticket. No, I don't unbutton my blouse and hope for a favor for an ogle. I was breaking the law and deserve the fine.

I know that corruption is everywhere. But I see this as being no different than the dentist who gropes the patient while she's under anesthesia. Should the hygienist ignore that??? "Oh it was just one little feel. Patient never knew." Bleh.

I'm a rule follower and I think others should be too. Good thing that GI Joe only killed himself after all the drunk driving he must have been doing he probably put people at risk numerous times. It was mentioned in his personnel file that he admitted to having a problem with alcohol from early on. It was wrong to look the other way, IMO.

I have wondered if the people in the bike gang may have been on the receiving end of said surplus equipment, just a thought. jmo

That is a good possibility.

My immediate thought was that Joe was the officer they called if any member got in trouble. Trouble/problem then disappeared. If serious problem, the incident somehow, miraculously, was bumped down to a much lesser incident. Police and lawyers know which judge they want to hear a case. It is amazing how our justice system works! IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stella Stiletto
Back