IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yup. Can you imagine what else LE has as evidence?? Geez how many thousands of texts? 6500 was it? I forget...

I have to wonder if JG didn't have some serious dirt on others and that's why they looked the other way on many of these things he did.

Also, wasn't part of what he did in relation to forging signatures for equipment acquisitions? Does that mean he would have received equipment and therefore possibly weapons even and then could have turned around and sold them or used them as bribes/favors? Is this why the feds are investigating as well? The FBI is still investigating, right?

It just seems like there is wayyyyy more serious stuff lurkingbeyond stealing money from the Explorers account.... well and the attempted arranging of a hit man to off the administrator..... oh and the sexual assault of a subordinate....

moo

bbm That's what I think. I can see being embarrassed about taking monies from an account that you control/have access to but to kill yourself & make it look like suicide. Really? I can see now that he was a very vain person knowing what I know, but suicide? Over about half of what he made in a year. There has to be way more, I would think. jmo idk

JMO, but the fact that CG wasn't fired for many of the things that he did, or, more significantly, wasn't prosecuted for some of the things he did (e.g., that egregious drunk driving incident), says to me that he wasn't the only bad cop on the force. Looking the other way with something like a drunk driving incident (one in which he also made a false report of his vehicle being stolen) is more than a dereliction of duty. It's a sign of corruption.

I have wondered if the people in the bike gang may have been on the receiving end of said surplus equipment, just a thought. jmo

I believe I read that ATF was/is involved in the investigation. Would they be checking any firearms violations or sales?

JMO, but the fact that CG wasn't fired for many of the things that he did, or, more significantly, wasn't prosecuted for some of the things he did (e.g., that egregious drunk driving incident), says to me that he wasn't the only bad cop on the force. Looking the other way with something like a drunk driving incident (one in which he also made a false report of his vehicle being stolen) is more than a dereliction of duty. It's a sign of corruption.

Exactly! Any Tom, Dick, or Harry would have gotten a DUI for that!!

moo

I believe I read that ATF was/is involved in the investigation. Would they be checking any firearms violations or sales?

Maybe this is going to be the next thing that surfaces. I won't be surprised. At this point I'm not sure what could come out that would surprise me about this case. I'm not naive and know that corrupt people are everywhere, but this is just over the top!

moo

"e.g., that egregious drunk driving incident"

Not saying that it's right, or that I agree with it, but in law enforcement they call that professional courtesy...

Not saying that it's right, or that I agree with it, but in law enforcement they call that professional courtesy...

Indeed. That's a deliberately misleading euphemism, insofar as that sort of 'courtesy' is completely unprofessional. For anyone to use it speaks badly of how police understand their responsibility.

Subscribing to the newest thread. I don't want to miss a beat!

I sat there and read all of the personnel files. At first, I was like, that's a lot of commendations. Where's the stuff that seems to meld more with what has been uncovered about him? Then I realized, all the good stuff was in the front, then the rest was pretty negative. I work in HR, so I was VERY interested in his personnel file.

Also, a search on FB today shows that NONE of the G family's profiles are showing up. It appears that they all finally got smart and suspended their accounts? Yesterday, DJ's was wide open, and ANYONE could comment. Today, he doesn't even come up in a search. Amazing how fast things change....

Her FB is gone but D.J & His are still there....

Well, isn't that "special"....and they wonder why people are suspicious and disgusted.....JMO

Indeed. That's a deliberately misleading euphemism, insofar as that sort of 'courtesy' is completely unprofessional. For anyone to use it speaks badly of how police understand their responsibility.

I agree, but it's that "good old boys" mentality and "we stick together and watch out for each other"....

Usually it goes along with "I'll let you slide this time but next time I won't"

To PROTECT who? And serve WHO?.....outrageous.....JMO

Were the Fox Lake EXPLODERS being trained to be good public servants, or being indoctrinated into their beloved GI Joe's sicko world view? I am sure that they had lots of adventure and fun...but what sort of mind set was being developed by their "hero" ? JMO

Were the Fox Lake EXPLODERS being trained to be good public servants, or being indoctrinated into their beloved GI Joe's sicko world view? I am sure that they had lots of adventure and fun...but what sort of mind set was being developed by their "hero" ? JMO

I do wonder the same thing. When someone is as crass and vulgar as JG was (according to his personnel file, his fb, his twitter account, and what IKTM said about his vulgarity) it is not always easy to keep that in check, regardless WHO they are around. I doubt he was a "choirboy" when around the youth and then only let the vulgarity loose when around adults. Obviously he had no respect for women, so I don't see why he would clean it up for the children.

moo

To PROTECT who? And serve WHO?.....outrageous.....JMO

Absolutely!!!!! Gee did they ever think it may be there loved one killed by him with a DUI at the very least of a thought!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do wonder the same thing. When someone is as crass and vulgar as JG was (according to his personnel file, his fb, his twitter account, and what IKTM said about his vulgarity) it is not always easy to keep that in check, regardless WHO they are around. I doubt he was a "choirboy" when around the youth and then only let the vulgarity loose when around adults. Obviously he had no respect for women, so I don't see why he would clean it up for the children.

moo

Good point. He did involve them in rule-breaking (though probably not by their choice) that we know about -- having them wear uniforms that said 'police', and using FLPD vehicles. Those are pretty reprehensible precedents, but I guess par for the course for noted American Hero GI Joe and the FLPD. And those are only the things that have been documented thus far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back