IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe his pension could be put in a trust for his uninvolved minor offspring? I do not think that the younger boys should be penalized for their parents (looking like)fraudulence. Dunno. I feel badly for the uninvolved sons. JMO including the eldest, who almost seems like he was basically ignored.. CG talked about number 2 all the time. Who IS the eldest son? JMO

Joseph, Donald (D. J.), Jeffrey and David...

It is a well-known state recreation area. Many area schools take field trips there. I've never heard of it as a potential dumping area, nor there being any crime there. That doesn't mean it may have never happened. You can learn about it here:

https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/Parks/Pages/VoloBog.aspx
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volo_Bog_State_Natural_Area

I used to visit Volo Bog quite frequently. Never once felt unsafe and never heard of any dead bodies being there. Although there are many places to hide one...

I used to visit Volo Bog quite frequently. Never once felt unsafe and never heard of any dead bodies being there. Although there are many places to hide one...

Sure if you want to take a LONG hike while carrying a dead body, lol. That place is HUGE. I try to go at least once a year, it's beautiful there... never felt unsafe there either.

Wow! They raised over 127K selling shirts. That's a lot of dough.
But yeah I'm sure some of those donors are not too keen on wearing a Joe forever in our hearts shirt and would rather their money go to something they weren't duped about.

I received mine November 3rd. It's still in the packaging. I think it'd be great if they could somehow give all the money to the Explorers Program.

Wow! They raised over 127K selling shirts. That's a lot of dough.
But yeah I'm sure some of those donors are not too keen on wearing a Joe forever in our hearts shirt and would rather their money go to something they weren't duped about.

And that's just one fundraiser program, there were many others

Sure if you want to take a LONG hike while carrying a dead body, lol. That place is HUGE. I try to go at least once a year, it's beautiful there... never felt unsafe there either.

True, lol! I miss being able to go there and all the forest preserves...

Wow -- and that $127k is just off of the crappy t-shirts...so there is probably plenty more that has been raised. What a con game.

I can totally understand people wanting their money back, after learning about the antics of heroic GI Joe. I wonder how people will feel, down the road, if some of that haul is used for Mrs. G's legal bills, if she's prosecuted for being an accomplice/participant.

My guess would be that this was a long planned trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it was. I'm also sure they could have found, or donated, other interested in the tix and trip. Bears Fans are like Cubs fans, true to their team and cheering for and following them even when they're losing. Wasn't it just a minute ago the mayor talked about regaining the public's trust? I wonder if he's even the slightest bit concerned about the appearance of this trip.

This case is like a reality TV show, except people aren't getting paid to appear in front of the cameras. This is reality tv as a means of everday life. It's more and more bizarre as days go by.

Any suggestions for uses for the hundreds of t-shirts that no one will wear?

Ship them to a third world country where no one understands English?

Use them for cleaning toilets?

The saddest thing I read about people's belief in CG's heroism was an article about an 11 year old girl who brought her favorite little teddy bear to leave at Joe's memorial in front of the police station.

Wow -- and that $127k is just off of the crappy t-shirts...so there is probably plenty more that has been raised. What a con game.

I can totally understand people wanting their money back, after learning about the antics of heroic GI Joe. I wonder how people will feel, down the road, if some of that haul is used for Mrs. G's legal bills, if she's prosecuted for being an accomplice/participant.

There was for sure one other t-shirt fundraiser, wristband /bracelet type thing for sale, blue hair extensions, blue line ribbons for cars, donations to banks, plus all the other business fundraisers.

I'd be extremely pissed off!

Just doing a little math from the numbers in the Fox piece, the T-shirts, sold for $20, cost $5.42 to produce and ship. So, they made $14.58 per T-shirt -- 72.9% of the cost of each T-shirt was profit for Mrs. G.

The saddest thing I read about people's belief in CG's heroism was an article about an 11 year old girl who brought her favorite little teddy bear to leave at Joe's memorial in front of the police station.

Sad! There were a ton of other toys there that I'm sure children gave up period GI Joe figures, GI Joe comics, matchbox police cars, multiple stuffed animals, and lots of drawings from children...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503
Back