IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We all must be totally wrong about G.I. Joe and his family. The excerpt below came directly from the mouth of his son in the days after his death.

As D.J. and I sat across from each other on a dreary Friday afternoon amid pictures and medals his father had earned, we talked about his dad, how his family is coping with his loss, the rumors surrounding his death and all that happened that horrible day.

Q: There have been a lot of fundraisers for you guys. How do you feel about them?

A: We have never been people to ask for something. We'd always give and never expect something in return. That's how we were growing up. You give and you give and you give. You never have to expect something in return. But the amount of fundraisers have been amazing. My mom has a job (with an Antioch pest control company) but my father's job was the main support of the household. The fundraisers will help out tremendously with being able to help us sustain our usual living style.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20150919/news/150918571/
Interview with son, Part 1

In this article he doesn't say anything about using money from the Explorer post to fix his truck, nor does he say anything about an arranged marriage to his Dad's mistress, or the nervous texts shared back and forth after the audit came to light...........but does any of that really matter ? As long as they are able to sustain their usual lifestyle, then it's all good.

Well that's because by "give" he means "TAKE"
and by "in something in return" he means "to get caught."

It's quite simple, really....

So, no defensive wounds whatsoever. Only a little mud on the knees, and a uniform in "roll-call order". Sounds to me like the FLPD statement about 'signs of a struggle' was total rubbish. Considering how it fed into the narrative of a police line-of-duty death, it contributed to the conning of the public in fundraising efforts.

bbm

Fox Lake police officer shot with his own gun, signs of struggle at scene, investigators say

http://www.nwherald.com/2015/10/01/...-struggle-at-scene-investigators-say/a43njw3/

bbm, Montjoy I have to say that I have only seen it say that there were signs of a struggle at the scene, not so much on his(joe) body. I would like to know what was meant by the signs of struggle at the scene. jmo idk

bbm

Fox Lake police officer shot with his own gun, signs of struggle at scene, investigators say

http://www.nwherald.com/2015/10/01/...-struggle-at-scene-investigators-say/a43njw3/

bbm, Montjoy I have to say that I have only seen it say that there were signs of a struggle at the scene, not so much on his(joe) body. I would like to know what was meant by the signs of struggle at the scene. jmo idk

From what I understand from the Press Conference... the signs of struggle were the staging like there was a struggle. First the pepper spray, then the baton, etc. That's what they were basing "struggle" off of.... but really if his uniform didn't show any signs of struggle then those things should have initially been looked at as staging instead of "considering all angles". I think from now on when I hear that I'll think the opposite of what is being told by the cops, lol.

Does anyone know what happened to thread #2? I was going back and reviewing #1, and just noticed it was gone.

From what I understand from the Press Conference... the signs of struggle were the staging like there was a struggle. First the pepper spray, then the baton, etc. That's what they were basing "struggle" off of.... but really if his uniform didn't show any signs of struggle then those things should have initially been looked at as staging instead of "considering all angles". I think from now on when I hear that I'll think the opposite of what is being told by the cops, lol.

bbm Oh I hear ya, I am still at a loss as to why not a word about were he killed himself is the area he did field days with the explorers until after the latest findings. If I had heard that I would have been on board with the suicide from day one. How could they not? jmo idk

Right, all of his stuff being strewn around is what made them initially think there had been a struggle. Later on though, they admitted that he most likely placed it as found to give the impression there was a struggle.

To me, signs of a struggle would entail things such as bruised knuckles, a bloody lip, dirty or muddy clothes, obvious abrasions, torn clothing, blood transfer from someone else, etc.. But........I'm not a crime scene investigator and nobody asked me, nor will they ever.

I was suspicious because of the location. What better place to stage it? It is probably the most private and wooded area still left in Fox Lake.

So, no defensive wounds whatsoever. Only a little mud on the knees, and a uniform in "roll-call order". Sounds to me like the FLPD statement about 'signs of a struggle' was total rubbish. Considering how it fed into the narrative of a police line-of-duty death, it contributed to the conning of the public in fundraising efforts.

As it turns out, the struggle evidence was the trail of items of his found in different places, according to Filenko...his glasses, baton, pepper spray and a shell casing.... strange way to describe a struggle, if I do say so myself.....JMO....(it was also the evidence that made the scene look staged..)

oops...I guess we all answered that one, lol. sorry for repeat performance. JMO

I'll give it to local WGN, specifically Mark Suppelsa, who seem to be leading with the deepest MSM investigation in a number of directions.

I agree. Check out Suppelsa's FB page; he got some interesting info on the mistress.

I agree. Check out Suppelsa's FB page; he got some interesting info on the mistress.
He cross-posts between Facebook and Twitter, so monitoring his Twitter feed has been easy and of good value over the past couple of weeks.

This case was a mess from the start. I'm in the next town (RLB) from Fox Lake. The following days, police and news choppers were all over the area. We were on the Lake County scanner that day, when that girl called in the fake car jacking. It was completely nuts up here. I didn't see anyone outside in my neighborhood for about 3 days.

However, we knew something wasn't right about the case from the beginning because, they released very vague info on the 3 suspects. The information was always changing, the suspects took his gear, no wait they didn't, the K9s tracked a scent a half a mile from the crime scene. Then there was the former CPD officer threatening the ME. For the community to help, we needed consistent info. BUT, the thing that stood out the most, was that all these alphabet agencies in little Fox Lake that 1st day, couldn't find 3 dudes.

I mean it when I say, this case is a mess.

I've been reading some Illinois police blogs. The comments seems to illustrate that most police knew from the start that this was a suicide.

I stood at Maravelas parking lot and watched the procession go by on that scorching day. I had blue tape across my rear window. I'm just saddened by the outcome because his death brought together the committee. But in the end, I feel duped because turned out to be another Illinois crook. And we have our share of them.

Signs of a struggle were the baton, pepper spray and whatever else he did along the trail to his body.
What I'd like to know is when was Rudd made aware of this? Remember, iirc, it was someone else who did the actual autopsy and then gave his report to Rudd. If these signs Rudd talks about were known right away why did manhunt and investigation continue as it did for as long as it did? It didn't take weeks on end to notice his uniform was in roll call order or that the bullet wound entered under his bullet proof vest. It sounds like pretty basic info. Was the remainder of the investigation then just into why he comitted suicide?

Something about this investigation timeline is odd. It makes me wonder if anyone was onto CG'S criminal behavior before his suicide.

That last sentence really stands out. We should really consider what we learned from this case. In addition to the pepper spray info disappearing from msm info right away, to the bullet entering under the vest, we need to keep a eye out for msm changes or omissions.

I specifically remember reading the bullet entered under the vest, but when I later went back to that same article it was changed and the part were it mentioned under was gone/changed. Maybe more screen shots of msm shouod be made. Seems as if some of the lesks in this case were correct.

bbm Oh I hear ya, I am still at a loss as to why not a word about were he killed himself is the area he did field days with the explorers until after the latest findings. If I had heard that I would have been on board with the suicide from day one. How could they not? jmo idk

Respectfully, why would knowing he did field days with the explorers at the location differ from knowing he routinely patrolled the area and he policed the FL area for more than 30 years?

That last sentence really stands out. We should really consider what we learned from this case. In addition to the pepper spray info disappearing from msm info right away, to the bullet entering under the vest, we need to keep a eye out for msm changes or omissions.

I specifically remember reading the bullet entered under the vest, but when I later went back to that same article it was changed and the part were it mentioned under was gone/changed. Maybe more screen shots of msm shouod be made. Seems as if some of the lesks in this case were correct.

Yes... that was something I was feeling frustrated about. It seemed like the story continually changed.... it was hard to trust a lot of what MSM posted in the week that initially followed.

They said they had a suspect in custody on day 1. (my brother was actually taken in and questioned for 6 hours. He was sleeping at the time it happened... to me it seemed like the police were grasping at straws at that time, taking in anyone who could potentially fit the bill.) The pepper spray and they initially said his radio was MISSING.... not damaged. The initial "facts" that were put out there definitely seemed to fit more in with murder instead of suicide. Then we stopped hearing as much information (after they caught the ex-cop who threatened the coroner, lol) so I thought perhaps that's what was leading MSM in silly directions.

We were also told 3 different locations for the bullet wound. First it was the back of his neck, then it was head, then his torso... before telling us that there were TWO bullet wounds. It was very difficult to get accurate information because it was perpetually changing.

Yes... that was something I was feeling frustrated about. It seemed like the story continually changed.... it was hard to trust a lot of what MSM posted in the week that initially followed.

They said they had a suspect in custody on day 1. (my brother was actually taken in and questioned for 6 hours. He was sleeping at the time it happened... to me it seemed like the police were grasping at straws at that time, taking in anyone who could potentially fit the bill.) The pepper spray and they initially said his radio was MISSING.... not damaged. The initial "facts" that were put out there definitely seemed to fit more in with murder instead of suicide. Then we stopped hearing as much information (after they caught the ex-cop who threatened the coroner, lol) so I thought perhaps that's what was leading MSM in silly directions.

We were also told 3 different locations for the bullet wound. First it was the back of his neck, then it was head, then his torso... before telling us that there were TWO bullet wounds. It was very difficult to get accurate information because it was perpetually changing.

I agree and it's like that with several cases that I've followed. That's why I really appreciate the diligent forum members who copy and paste parts of the linked msm articles because often times it goes *poof!*

I'm not always so good about doing that myself, but thanks to those who do!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes
Back