IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.fayobserver.com/military...fa7-83ad-53e6-8c56-2887f3a556b7.html?mode=jqm ....
Fort Bragg soldier, son of cop who committed suicide in Illinois, still on active duty
D.J. Gliniewicz is accused of having a sham marriage with a woman said to be his father's mistress, according to published accounts.
At the time of his enlistment into the service on February 2012, D.J. Gliniewicz's home of record was Antioch, Illinois.
The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Gliniewicz married his father's mistress to obtain thousands of dollars in extra benefits, including health care and pay, from the Army. The newspaper said investigators have learned that Joe Gliniewicz was having an affair with a woman who had recently divorced and needed money to buy food as well as health care benefits for her two children.
With the addition of the family, the Sun-Times reported, D.J. Gliniewicz would get about $1,750 a month for being married and having two children to support, according to the source. Under the arrangement, Gliniewicz's mistress would get $500; D.J. Gliniewicz would receive the rest.
The two reportedly were wed for about a year before a dissolution of the marriage was filed at the end of 2014.

^sbm bbm. If single man in US Army marries as noted above, Army pays additional $1750/mo compensation?
Seems high, for marrying woman w 2 children presumably not D.J.'s, kids from previous marriages/relationships.

Did person providing the $1750 addtnl figure look at wrong benefit table or calculate as if the 2 children were D.J's?

Just curious. Thx in adv to anyone.

^sbm bbm. If single man in US Army marries as noted above, Army pays additional $1750/mo compensation?
Seems high, for marrying woman w 2 children presumably not D.J.'s, kids from previous marriages/relationships.

Did person providing the $1750 addtnl figure look at wrong benefit table or calculate as if the 2 children were D.J's?

I don't think it would matter if they were his wife's kids - they would still be his dependents.

Not surprising. And from what we've heard and seen of GI Joe, I can totally see him acting like this around someone. Seems like he liked to harass, manipulate, and intimidate people. Maybe it is true, maybe it is not, but it doesn't sound far fetched to me.

Mark my words, this won't be the only such case -- or at least this won't be the only person who will claim that they were convicted or treated unfairly.

I wonder how many cases JG was involved in over all those years. How many people were convicted based on his testimony or how many people got off after doing him some sort of "favors."

This is just the beginning, I think.

I found this but I haven't been able to find an exact pay rate (it would depend on a few things I don't know anyway). He would also get a housing allowance or a house on the base (rent free) and the three of them would all have full medical benefits in addition to the extra cash.

As part of OPM's continuing efforts to support the needs of the Federal workforce during times of sickness, funerals, and medical or other emergencies, we are making the definitions of family member and immediate relative more explicit to include more examples of relationships that are covered under the phrase “[a]ny individual related by blood or affinity whose close association with the employee is the equivalent of a family relationship.”

These examples include stepparents and stepchildren, grandparents, grandchildren, and same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners. In addition, OPM's final regulations define the terms committed relationship, domestic partner, parent, and son or daughter.

https://www.federalregister.gov/art...mber-immediate-relative-and-related-terms#h-7

(Honestly $1700 seems low to me. When I was in the Army 100 years ago - with only one dependent - I was making almost that much per month.)

There are two rates for BAH (basic allowance for housing). Without dependents or with dependents. The number of dependents does not matter and there is no change for adding children. As soon as he got married, he qualified for the increased "with dependents" rate. I've been at Bragg, $1,750 seems very high. Does anyone know what his rank is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I don't see this case going far -- I think it will just be hard to prove some of the claims (not that I doubt them). Perhaps he'll win a settlement, though.

To clarify: a soldier gets either BAH to live off post OR a basically free house on post, not both. The BAH is tax-free and the soldier chooses how much to spend. We always take the BAH and love off post because we can get a nicer, larger house for less. Lower ranking soldiers are usually better off taking the post housing. BAH is based on rank, location and with/without dependents. BAH is IN ADDITION to the soldiers regular pay.

This is the BAH calculator, Fort Bragg's zip code is 28307. http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bahCalc.cfm

So in 2013, he would have gotten $1041 per month if he chose to live off post. He would use that money to pay for an apt and utilities.

Not quite the respected, heroic persona everyone held him up to a few weeks ago.

The man filing the suit, Vernon Randolph III, 26, also claims that authorities, who were initially investigating Gliniewicz's Sept. 1 shooting death as a homicide, targeted Randolph as a possible suspect solely because Gliniewicz had radioed that he was chasing three suspects, among them a black male.
In his federal lawsuit, Randolph claims that, after Gliniewicz's death, Randolph was "surrounded by ATF agents with guns pointed at him and his child was subject to search and interrogation."
Randolph also claimed that authorities searched his home and took a DNA swab from him "based solely on his race."
Authorities and village officials could not immediately be reached for comment regarding the claims in Randolph's lawsuit.
Randolph does not live in Fox Lake but is a frequent visitor because the mother of his child lives there, according to his attorney, Kevin O'Connor.

Randolph's suit, which also names Fox Lake Mayor Donny Schmit as a defendant, claims police department and village leaders knew about Gliniewicz's misconduct for years but continued to employ him.

Randolph was terrified he'd be charged with the officer's killing, O'Connor said. In recent years, Lake County has become infamous for sending innocent men to prison.
"He's scared," said his father, Vernon Randolph Jr.
Gliniewicz "continually badgered him" before the officer died, O'Connor said.
Police interviewed Randolph within hours of the officer's shooting, the attorney said, though it's unclear exactly why they would have turned toward him.

O'Connor chastised Fox Lake for allowing the officer to ascend through the ranks despite his documented history of sexual misconduct and allegations of intimidating behavior.
"They not only allowed it ... they promoted the man," he said.
Randolph didn't report the harassment before Gliniewicz's death because he feared the lieutenant, O'Connor said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...lice-shooting-lawsuit-met-20151113-story.html

So in 2013, he would have gotten $1041 per month if he chose to live off post. He would use that money to pay for an apt and utilities.

According to that link I posted earlier, "At the time of his enlistment into the service on February 2012, D.J. Gliniewicz's home of record was Antioch, Illinois."

Now, its been quite a while since I was in, but I believe they go by where your recorded home is. Since the mistress was in (Antioch/Fox Lake area) Illinois the pay was higher - Great Lakes living expense. I was in Chicago, so I received Chicago rate living expense.

According to that link I posted earlier, "At the time of his enlistment into the service on February 2012, D.J. Gliniewicz's home of record was Antioch, Illinois."

Now, its been quite a while since I was in, but I believe they go by where your recorded home is. Since the mistress was in (Antioch/Fox Lake area) Illinois the pay was higher - Great Lakes living expense. I was in Chicago, so I received Chicago rate living expense.

No, BAH is based on where the service member is assigned, regardless of where the dependents are living or where they chose to reside as a family.

Home of record affects state income tax, so he would be paying Illinois state income tax when he's not deployed, no matter where he's assigned. When he deploys, he no longer pays income tax after the 31st consecutive day.

I got extra money in DC (even though my home of record was California) because the rent there was so much higher than the national average.

Oh wow, just when it couldn't look like our Bad Lt was more of an abusive bully on a power trip: that link to the lawsuit!

People have already pulled on some choice quotes, but if this is true:

"Randolph claims in the suit that in October in 2014, Gliniewicz stopped him and searched his vehicle and backpack. He said Gliniewicz asked him "where the drugs were" and Randolph said he had none….

After that, Gliniewicz asked Randolph for the name of someone who might have drugs and threatened to "make something happen to him" if Randolph did not "make something happen for him," the lawsuit states…...

Two weeks later, Gliniewicz again stopped Randolph at a gas station near his home asking if Randolph had "gotten him any information yet," and Randolph denied knowing anyone with drugs, according to the suit….

The lawsuit claims that over the next few months, Gliniewicz harassed and intimidated Randolph by pulling him over and making hand gestures indicating he was watching him"

Then he really did plan to take innocent people down with him out of spite if he could.

Jeeeeez.

Then he really did plan to take innocent people down with him out of spite if he could.

Jeeeeez.
rsbm

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he engaged in, ahem, "profiling".

Something I find interesting about these claims is that heroic GI Joe was involved in almost no prosecutions. Perhaps he specialized in shakedowns rather than formal arrests. Nothing would surprise me with him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmusette
Back