IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Random OT: I'm watching an old episode of Criminal Intent and the case is about some ex-cops who are now working as school security officers embezzling money and getting cash from drug dealing kids. AND! They staged a crime scene to make the murder of an entire family look like a murder-suicide.
If the CG saga does not become a made-for-TV movie, all is not right in Hollywood.

If the CG saga does not become a made-for-TV movie, all is not right in Hollywood.

Too many sagas to choose from.........Hi all, coping with my sister's death right now. I'll be back when I can think straight. xo

Take care, Cady. (I'd like to reference the Exploders, as you seem to find that name as inexhaustibly funny as I do, but I don't know if it would be appropriate.)

Too many sagas to choose from.........Hi all, coping with my sister's death right now. I'll be back when I can think straight. xo

So sorry :( please take care of yourself!

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

So sorry for your loss, prayers for you and your family!

cady,
:grouphug:

For your Sister,
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gliniewicz honor could get taken back

Three months after the Illinois Senate rose to honor what seemed to be the heroics of Fox Lake police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz, a McHenry Republican is asking to take it back.
State Sen. Pam Althoff has made the rare request to strike from the Senate record the mournful resolution honoring Gliniewicz that was adopted in September, days after the officer died.
"Since adoption of Senate Resolution 942 the facts and circumstances related to it have changed," the new resolution says.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151207/news/151209114/

It seems like the only heroic thing he ever did was lead the Explorers. Which to me doesn't see all that heroic. It's basically the same as a Boy Scouts leader and even if it's more there are officers all over the country doing the exact same job.

Gliniewicz "was dedicated to the training of people ages 14 to 21 to enter a career in law enforcement; he had huge success with the program, earning multiple awards and accolades in various state and national competitions," the original resolution reads in part.

All the lawmakers who became co-sponsors of the original honor have taken their names off.
Bet they were not happy about having to do that.

It seems like the only heroic thing he ever did was lead the Explorers. Which to me doesn't see all that heroic. It's basically the same as a Boy Scouts leader and even if it's more there are officers all over the country doing the exact same job.

It's a bit different for Heroic GI Joe -- most people who lead Explorers and Boy Scouts do so as volunteers. He did much of his Exploders work while he was on the clock, earning a salary for being a lazy, corrupt, and sexist LEO.

It's a bit different for Heroic GI Joe -- most people who lead Explorers and Boy Scouts do so as volunteers. He did much of his Exploders work while he was on the clock, earning a salary for being a lazy, corrupt, and sexist LEO.

He was earning a salary and then some.

So true.

Kind of OT but I can't help but wonder why no one thought to give CG an intervention. Who lets some go as out of control as this guy was? Not only was he sllowed to remain out of control in his professional life, he was allowed to remain out of control in his personal life. People talk about how well liked or loved CG but to allow him to remain out of control with NO consequences isn't love at all. The whole thing, all of it is sick. Actually repulsive. It leaves me SMH.

Kind of OT but I can't help but wonder why no one thought to give CG an intervention. Who lets some go as out of control as this guy was? Not only was he sllowed to remain out of control in his professional life, he was allowed to remain out of control in his personal life. People talk about how well liked or loved CG but to allow him to remain out of control with NO consequences isn't love at all. The whole thing, all of it is sick. Actually repulsive. It leaves me SMH.

I think his wife went along with it because she was benefiting too, and as for the others I think he was very good at manipulating people.

I think his wife went along with it because she was benefiting too, and as for the others I think he was very good at manipulating people.

Wouldn't be surprised if he also intimidated people -- both passively and actively.

It's hard to imagine someone in his immediate family not making a point of how he was playing with fire. If not his wife, then one of his adult children. Wrong is wrong, and in this case it wasn't only wrong, it was illegal and dangerous. It's hard to imagine his family wishing to join him rather than trying to get him to see how destructive his behavior was. It speaks for the family values.

Fox Lake Explorers post 'temporarily' disbanded.

The youth Explorer post created and run by a disgraced former Fox Lake police officer has been temporarily disbanded because it has been "outrageously mismanaged," authorities confirmed Monday.
<snip>

The Explorer post, created and advised by former Fox Lake police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz, was shut down indefinitely because it did not comply with rules established by the Boy Scouts of America, the governing body of youth police Explorer posts, officials said.

Detective Chris Covelli, a spokesman for the Fox Lake Police Department, said some rule violations included allowing unregistered youths to volunteer in the program, allowing unregistered adults to volunteer without a proper background check, and paying some youth Explorers for working volunteer parking details.

more at link:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151207/news/151209063/

It doesn't sound like the Explorers will be back until 2017 at the earliest, if at all. Just another thing destroyed by CG. Apparently rules were for other people, not Lt. CG. What an :butthead: .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back