IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fox Lake Explorers post 'temporarily' disbanded.

The youth Explorer post created and run by a disgraced former Fox Lake police officer has been temporarily disbanded because it has been "outrageously mismanaged," authorities confirmed Monday.
<snip>

The Explorer post, created and advised by former Fox Lake police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz, was shut down indefinitely because it did not comply with rules established by the Boy Scouts of America, the governing body of youth police Explorer posts, officials said.

Detective Chris Covelli, a spokesman for the Fox Lake Police Department, said some rule violations included allowing unregistered youths to volunteer in the program, allowing unregistered adults to volunteer without a proper background check, and paying some youth Explorers for working volunteer parking details.

more at link:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151207/news/151209063/

It doesn't sound like the Explorers will be back until 2017 at the earliest, if at all. Just another thing destroyed by CG. Apparently rules were for other people, not Lt. CG. What an :butthead: .

I second your "What an :butthead:"

He also said the village has not yet received a $50,000 check pledged to the Explorers from Motorola during the investigation into Gliniewicz's death. Should that money come in, Covelli said, it would be returned because all Explorer financial accounts have been frozen as part of the ongoing Gliniewicz criminal investigation.

Gotta admire Rudd's attitude and dedication. In the end with this case, it was nice to see him mostly vindicated.

Lake County coroner calls petition challenge 'a political witch hunt'
"Obviously, I've made enemies on the other side. There's politics being played," said Rudd, who vowed to launch an independent candidacy if he's removed from the Democratic ballot. "If I made a clerical error, I made a clerical error. If they throw me off the ballot, they throw me off and I'll run as an independent," he said. "They're not going to get rid of me, and I will beat anybody who opposes me, because I have a good track record."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...etition-challenge-st-1210-20151209-story.html

Kind of OT but I can't help but wonder why no one thought to give CG an intervention. Who lets some go as out of control as this guy was? Not only was he sllowed to remain out of control in his professional life, he was allowed to remain out of control in his personal life. People talk about how well liked or loved CG but to allow him to remain out of control with NO consequences isn't love at all. The whole thing, all of it is sick. Actually repulsive. It leaves me SMH.

Maybe people were afraid of the repercussions of intervening. Sometimes people feel like it'll all play out on its own, which it did, of course, but unfortunately others were hurt in the process. I've known people who have told me about jerks at their work who do crazy things, but when I've asked if anyone has reported them, the people will say they don't want to get in the middle of it but feel that karma will get them in the end (or something to that effect.)

jmo

Coroner Dr. Thomas Rudd, who oversaw the controversial autopsy on Gliniewicz. Rudd says investigators recently showed him two checking accounts that were under the sole control of Gliniewicz totaling $360,000.

&#8220;There seems to be a large amount of money in two of these accounts we saw and I'm wondering where are these other monies coming from,&#8221; Rudd said. &#8220;I think there's going to be further investigation on these checking accounts.&#8221;

.The burgeoning checking accounts have raised eyebrows because annually the Explorer program had only a few dozen members, typically minors, and was considered to be a small operation running almost entirely off donations and fundraisers.

&#8220;Where does an explorer account get a quarter of a million dollars?" Rudd said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/1...murder-expected-to-snare-others/?intcmp=hpbt3

There's a huge difference between $360K and $50K. Now I'm starting to see why he thought committing suicide was the only way out. With money like that having been extorted and mishandled, it was just a matter of time before the new city manager would've blown the lid off this thing. It would've been a huge local story.

I have a feeling that G.I. Joe wasn't the only person that benefited from the skimming, he probably paid people off to turn a blind eye and let him run amok. I'm not including his wife in that theory either, her benefiting from his stealing is a given.

Coroner Dr. Thomas Rudd, who oversaw the controversial autopsy on Gliniewicz. Rudd says investigators recently showed him two checking accounts that were under the sole control of Gliniewicz totaling $360,000.

&#8220;There seems to be a large amount of money in two of these accounts we saw and I'm wondering where are these other monies coming from,&#8221; Rudd said. &#8220;I think there's going to be further investigation on these checking accounts.&#8221;

.The burgeoning checking accounts have raised eyebrows because annually the Explorer program had only a few dozen members, typically minors, and was considered to be a small operation running almost entirely off donations and fundraisers.

&#8220;Where does an explorer account get a quarter of a million dollars?" Rudd said.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/1...murder-expected-to-snare-others/?intcmp=hpbt3

There's a huge difference between $360K and $50K. Now I'm starting to see why he thought committing suicide was the only way out. With money like that having been extorted and mishandled, it was just a matter of time before the new city manager would've blown the lid off this thing. It would've been a huge local story.

I have a feeling that G.I. Joe wasn't the only person that benefited from the skimming, he probably paid people off to turn a blind eye and let him run amok. I'm not including his wife in that theory either, her benefiting from his stealing is a given.

Holy Moley!! That's a whole lot of money! What in the world was he doing??? And so bizarre to have put that money into checking accounts so that it could be traced. That seems really stupid to me. I'm so curious as to what form of currency deposits were to those accounts. I mean, were they checks written as payment for selling off stuff he got as military surplus? I'm baffled.

This is definitely going to be a LifeTime Movie.

moo

Maybe people were afraid of the repercussions of intervening. Sometimes people feel like it'll all play out on its own, which it did, of course, but unfortunately others were hurt in the process. I've known people who have told me about jerks at their work who do crazy things, but when I've asked if anyone has reported them, the people will say they don't want to get in the middle of it but feel that karma will get them in the end (or something to that effect.)

jmo

I hear you. However, I was thing along the lines of his immediate family. His wife, children, siblings.... His coworkers tried to do something when they voiced their complaints in a letter to the mayor but nothing was done about it.

I still can't get over that $360k figure for the Exploder accounts. I hope that the investigation into Mel continues -- if she was, indeed, the person who oversaw the finances. At any rate, I find it unfathomable that she would not know how much money was in the Exploder accounts.

I still can't get over that $360k figure for the Exploder accounts. I hope that the investigation into Mel continues -- if she was, indeed, the person who oversaw the finances. At any rate, I find it unfathomable that she would not know how much money was in the Exploder accounts.

And she had to have known his salary alone wasn't paying for their lifestyle.

I'm disillusioned about Rahm E. Because I can't imagine that he did not know about the settlement with the family and the police cover-up in the LM case. But politics corrupts. I think that he should resign. JMO

IMO she knew pretty much everything. Not just the Exploder stuff. I say this because I suspect that if she knew ever 10% of the stuff that was going on, she would have been able to have milked GI Joe dry in a divorce. But that never happened.

There has to be more, I think. Why would Behan stonewall Marrin over that one incident? Beyond the fact that his paper work was lacking? Was it somehow to protect Joe? I guess he resigned in order to ensure himself his pension?

From another, earlier article:

“Behan has been with the Fox Lake Police Department for 33 years, serving as chief for the past nine, Marrin said. As chief, Marrin said Behan’s annual salary is $112,377. The officer, (Baldowsky) whom officials would not name, is a 17-year veteran of the police department with an annual salary of $79,758, Marrin said.”

It's taken me a long time to see the light, but I have to concede that a lot of law enforcement agencies are robbing us blind. I can't believe how much some of these folks are paid for the work they do -- or, in many cases, the work they do not do.

Now, I do not for an instant think that there is no risk in being a LEO. But I don't think that Fox Lake is the only department that has basically acted as if they were entitled to money, and empowered to do whatever they wanted, for far too long.

Something is dead wrong here. Not just in the beautiful town of Fox Lake.

Welp, I can see why they suspect money laundering now.

It's taken me a long time to see the light, but I have to concede that a lot of law enforcement agencies are robbing us blind. I can't believe how much some of these folks are paid for the work they do -- or, in many cases, the work they do not do.

Now, I do not for an instant think that there is no risk in being a LEO. But I don't think that Fox Lake is the only department that has basically acted as if they were entitled to money, and empowered to do whatever they wanted, for far too long.

Something is dead wrong here. Not just in the beautiful town of Fox Lake.

Law enforcement has become a very profitable business. I say business, because that's how the departments are run now. They should have their own listing on the New York Stock exchange. They get revenue from speeding tickets, traffic fines, court fines, property seizures, forfeiture auctions, surplus auctions, the federal government, donations, all of that on top of their annual allotted budgets.

Remember the good old days when they had an old plymouth sedan that was swapped off and shared from shift to shift ? You don't see that anymore. What you see now is every officer with his own
30K car, complete with a $20,000 computer inside, and all the typical gadgets they are normally dressed out with. This same officer uses "his car" as if it was his own private vehicle......taking it home at night, taking a trip to Wal-mart, then over to the local diner for a nice meal. Free car (or SUV), free gas, free maintenance, free insurance. Multiply that by the number of officers on the force.

All you need to do is go back and watch the video at CG's funeral procession and try to count the number of $50K cars you see passing by with only one person inside.

It's a pretty lucrative business.

an midget cop.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur