IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fox Lake police release 3 videos of inmate abuse

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/56999750-story

I wanted to say that the video at that link spends some time near the end discussing Joe's case, and the ongoing criminal investigation into their financial malfeasance with the Exploder accounts, stating that Mel Gliniewicz is the focus of the investigation, and that the investigation is nearly complete.

OT -- It's a pretty good, well-researched piece. I don't typically watch their news, but some Fox affiliates do a very good job of local news coverage, and I think this is an example of that.

Having trouble telling what is OT and not for this specific thread anymore. Although there were problems happening for many years in the PD, this may be another genesis point for the end of CG, or at least the retired Chief.

Detainee In Fox Lake Police Beating Video Says He Was Pressured To Sign Settlement With Village

(CBS) – The detainee roughed up in a Fox Lake Police Department surveillance video from December 2014 tells CBS 2 he was pressured into signing a $4,000 settlement with the village.
The 2 Investigators got a tip earlier this year the then-police chief allegedly mishandled numerous problems in his department. CBS 2 requested video that was finally released Friday to media. It shows suspect Jeff Grzonka, 36, being manhandled in a cell by three members of the Fox Lake Police department.

Grzonka, however, says a lawyer representing the village pressured him to sign an agreement while he was behind bars in September, on another charge.
The confidential deal came after the 2 Investigators informed the village CBS 2 knew the video existed. The news station filed a freedom-of-information act request over the summer. That is around the time village officials began looking into problems in the police department.
The police chief retired during the probe.

The attorney says he will a file federal civil-rights lawsuit. He credits CBS 2 with forcing the village to release the video.
The misconduct comes to light several weeks after the on-duty suicide of Fox Lake Police Lt. Joseph Gliniewicz, whose death was initially investigated as a murder.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/12...as-pressured-to-sign-settlement-with-village/

I do think that these things are somewhat related. Joe Gliniewicz didn't operate in a vacuum -- clearly, there were some pretty significant problems at FLPD. Abusive cops, cops that look the other way when one of their own breaks the law, sexual harassment, embezzlement -- I suspect that many police departments are like this, and they produce colorful characters like the heroic GI Joe.

Well, this stinks. Unless Rudd comes back as an independent....

PRESS RELEASE

As many of you may have heard by now, the opposing political party has challenged the petitions I turned in for the upcoming primary. Choosing to continue to concentrate on the day-to-day duties of being the Lake County Coroner, I have withdrawn my petitions for the March 2016 primary. This decision does not change the fact that my experience as a licensed physician ensures a coroner with the confidence and knowledge to make decisions based on sound medical science instead of politics.

My record as Lake County Coroner speaks for itself. Over the past three years, there have been several controversial cases in which my medical knowledge and experience in knowing what to look for resulted in outcomes based solely on proven medical evidence. Specifically, the Darrin Hanna case, the Zion, Illinois case, the Fox Lake Gliniewicz case, and the decision pending on the Melissa Calusinski case would not have had their outcomes without my due diligence. In each instance, after presenting my findings, I was vilified; but the determinations I made and the findings I presented early on were all ultimately verified or led to consideration of a new trial.

I believe that my petitions were challenged because of these cases, my unwillingness to accept Lake County politics, and the positive relationships I have established, including in the minority communities, which frightened some who seek to maintain the status quo of lifelong Lake County politicos.

This is not the first time we have seen voters not having a candidate available to them on their ballot. In the 1960s’ we fought to protect voting rights in all communities and to ensure that all minorities were not disenfranchised (Voting Rights Act of 1965). It is ironic that 50 years later these rights are being trod on in Lake County. I never imagined that we would have to fight a similar battle in 2015.

I have great pride in my performance as Lake County Coroner, and I will continue to serve all the citizens of Lake County.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to continuing to work for you as Lake County Coroner in 2016.

Thomas Rudd

http://www.tomruddforcoroner.com/

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151214/news/151219454/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

looking40PH Thanks for ^ link to Dec. 11 story.

sbm^ "Agreement Not to Sue and Confidentiality Agreement" he signed contained language in which he promised not to sue village, officials, employees, et al for injuries arising from his arrest & detention, and specifically re civil rights (per document shown at 1min/10sec on vid).

The detention violence occurred in Dec 2014; CBS/media's FOIA request was in Aug. When was vid provided to media?

Wondering -
- if detainee had legal counsel in Sept; he said he did not have atty when signing agreement (IIRC).
- what his Sept detention was for; reporter said it was on an 'unrelated charge.'
- if he had been in FoxLake jail, or other jails, between Dec 2014 & Sept 2015.

If too far O/T, my apologies.

"
The misconduct comes to light several weeks after the on-duty suicide of Fox Lake Police Lt. Joseph...."

"Grzonka, however, says a lawyer representing the village pressured him to sign an agreement while he was
behind bars in September, on another charge."

Jmo. Let's leave LT. GLINIEWICZ alone. The man killed himself while leaving everyone to hold the bag.

But since he did serve decades to uphold our country. Than maybe we should just let things lye. Jmo.

He has been outted and it's over.

Jmo. Let's leave LT. GLINIEWICZ alone. The man killed himself while leaving everyone to hold the bag.

But since he did serve decades to uphold our country. Than maybe we should just let things lye. Jmo.

Wait, what?

He served decades to "uphold" "our" country?

Have you been reading these threads? He was a sexual harasser, he *stole* thousands from a group that was created to help and mentor under-served youth, he *set up* innocent people to take the fall for his death, he drove drunk multiple times and it's a wonder he didn't kill anyone, he was a bully who continually harassed and threatened local black man because he could, but he somehow "served decades to uphold our country"

That's not what upholding means, or if it is I guess your definition of "our" country doesn't include people of the types he's victimized *over decades*.

JMO JFC ETC

edited to add: this is not a full list- he also floated hiring a biker gang member to off someone, etc. and so on)

Wait, what?

He served decades to "uphold" "our" country?

Have you been reading these threads? He was a sexual harasser, he *stole* thousands from a group that was created to help and mentor under-served youth, he *set up* innocent people to take the fall for his death, he drove drunk multiple times and it's a wonder he didn't kill anyone, he was a bully who continually harassed and threatened local black man because he could, but he somehow "served decades to uphold our country"

That's not what upholding means, or if it is I guess your definition of "our" country doesn't include people of the types he's victimized *over decades*.

JMO JFC ETC

edited to add: this is not a full list- he also floated hiring a biker gang member to off someone, etc. and so on)

Good list, and it's definitely partial -- we'll never know all of the rules and laws he broke.

Mind you, it would be unfair to GI Joe if we didn't acknowledge the sense of humor that came through some of his acts of deviance.

-- stealing a certificate for a free tattoo from his department, and then getting the tattoo while he was on duty
-- using a FLPD vehicle for a road trip with the family
-- after being found by a fellow officer passed-out, drunk, at the side of the road with his foot full on the accelerator, he called in to say that his vehicle had been stolen

Yep -- he was quite the mirth maker, to be sure.

I don't think parading around in your camoflauge panties is necessarily upholding your country.

Good list, and it's definitely partial -- we'll never know all of the rules and laws he broke.

Mind you, it would be unfair to GI Joe if we didn't acknowledge the sense of humor that came through some of his acts of deviance.

-- stealing a certificate for a free tattoo from his department, and then getting the tattoo while he was on duty
-- using a FLPD vehicle for a road trip with the family
-- after being found by a fellow officer passed-out, drunk, at the side of the road with his foot full on the accelerator, he called in to say that his vehicle had been stolen

Yep -- he was quite the mirth maker, to be sure.

LOL The road trip........JMO

His life may be over but the lives of those who knew you knew him, or thought they knew him, will be dealing with his betrayal for years to come. His coworkers, the Explorers, the LE community at large, the Fox Lake Community, the women he abused, and yes, his family too....

I do think that these things are somewhat related. Joe Gliniewicz didn't operate in a vacuum -- clearly, there were some pretty significant problems at FLPD. Abusive cops, cops that look the other way when one of their own breaks the law, sexual harassment, embezzlement -- I suspect that many police departments are like this, and they produce colorful characters like the heroic GI Joe.

This is the original case that brought me to Websleuth's. :great:

My brother in law's sister worked for Fox Lake as the secretary for the mayor. She is now deceased. I have always known that the PD in Fox Lake was corrupt...in fact...the whole political system in Fox Lake. So when Joe's death was 1st aired, I suspected that many more people may be involved.

Despite all of the evidence, my gut still tells me that he was framed and killed. I know you all are laughing at me right now. :hills:

I talked to my brother in law without letting him know my suspicions and he said he believes the same.

I wonder if they are looking at the chief and the mayor?? The trip to the Bears game in San Diego seemed to be very suspicious to me--lets collaborate without anyone within earshot meeting perhaps??

My gut just tells me they were not complacent with what Joe was doing, that they were involved and about to go down with him and he needed to be silenced.

JMO

....Despite all of the evidence, my gut still tells me that he was framed and killed. I know you all are laughing at me right now. :hills:JMO

BCA- Glad you joined us here on W/S.

No, not laughing, as you have made many insightful posts.
Not agreeing ^ this is the most likely but agreeing that it's poss. There is so much that has not bn made public.

My brother in law's sister worked for Fox Lake as the secretary for the mayor. She is now deceased. I have always known that the PD in Fox Lake was corrupt...in fact...the whole political system in Fox Lake. So when Joe's death was 1st aired, I suspected that many more people may be involved.

Despite all of the evidence, my gut still tells me that he was framed and killed. I know you all are laughing at me right now. :hills:

I talked to my brother in law without letting him know my suspicions and he said he believes the same.

I wonder if they are looking at the chief and the mayor?? The trip to the Bears game in San Diego seemed to be very suspicious to me--lets collaborate without anyone within earshot meeting perhaps??

My gut just tells me they were not complacent with what Joe was doing, that they were involved and about to go down with him and he needed to be silenced.

JMO

Not laughing at you. I'm just curious what do you think he was framed for?

JMO

Yeah, I could see this as a possibility, as well. I mean come on, he wasn't doing all this on his own, if you ask me. By that I mean that I really doubt that there wasn't at least one other person besides his wife and son who knew about his sketchy actions. We all sit here and look at his prior behaviour and have asked: How could they have turned a blind eye??
Well if they were benefiting somehow from all of his shenanigans, then that would be a good reason to turn a blind eye, wouldn't it? So while it isn't my first theory, I can certainly see how, if others were involved, they would think: Oh great, this new city admin is putting the heat on him, he's going to have to give up the info, she's going to find out about all this stuff, and we are ALL going to get caught!
What they would be caught with, I don't know. I mean, I don't know what more would have been going on beyond him taking money from the Explorers account, but you never know!

moo

Since there was all that Federal surplus in stock, if I were the Fed's I would be looking at all the surplus that went to all of the local police district's up there in Lake County and taking inventory. With the cost and potential black market for that surplus, I wouldn't be surprised if there were other locations (hum warehouses) that were requested by the so called neighbor's police district (or forged to the so called neighbor's police districts).

I don't know, but something sure smells fishy to me given the history of Fox Lake and the police department up there.
JMO

JMO

Welcome! Was her first initial M?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur